British Speedway Forum
Phil

Forum And Server Speed.

I am still having problems with speed issues - the Forum IS very slow sometimes for me - BUT - I am provided with hours of FREE entertainment, discussion and have made a few friends on here.

NO WAY would I criticise Phil now that I know the problems he is going through with the Forum. I apologise if I have moaned - the problem is I AM a bit of a moaner. (Don't need anyone confirming that admission by the way.)

Good Luck on Wednesday Phil.

Ian.

I am still having problems with speed issues - the Forum IS very slow sometimes for me - BUT - I am provided with hours of FREE entertainment, discussion and have made a few friends on here.

NO WAY would I criticise Phil now that I know the problems he is going through with the Forum.

Good Luck on Wednesday Phil.

Ian.

Having experienced how in Php/MySql/JavaScript etc a single comma in a large script, be it extra or omitted, can totally hold up the most superbly engineered and complex website my heart bleeds for the chap. It's the same with settings of a forum and the webhost settings.

Yeah totally agree many, many good people on these forums.

I've noticed the forum is quicker when im using Internet Explorer but it is ALOT slower whenever I'm using Firefox. Dont know if anyone else has noticed that?

Update...

Hopefully do the server upgrade Thursday night.

Update...

Hopefully do the server upgrade Thursday night.

Brilliant,

A log in this morning turned into an evening post!! (well it felt like that)

Good luck, hope its successful.

There is an improvement in the speed ,, since the upgrade ,,not instant but better, before couldnt get on it even sometimes ,so well done Phil,,,. Hope it continues this way....

There is an improvement in the speed ,, since the upgrade ,,not instant but better, before couldnt  get on it even sometimes  ,so well done Phil,,,. Hope it continues this way....

Yes the forum does seem to have improved on what happened previously, but I still get the occasional lengthy blip when trying to change forums.And I can no longer seem to find the delete message section.

Is this is a 'whoopsie'. I have done a couple of posts and paragraphs run back into each other.

And where is the multi-quote facility now?

Speed for the past 10 minutes has been okay.

But something very strange happened.speedyguy wanted to post on the cycle speedway thread and by some weird piece of cyberology managed to post on a New Cross thread that was quiet for over a year!!!!! How does that happen i wonder????

Is this is a 'whoopsie'. I have done a couple of posts and paragraphs run back into each other.

And where is the multi-quote facility now?

Speed for the past 10 minutes has been okay.

Multi-quote is now functional but no delete on the site.

But something very strange happened.speedyguy wanted to post on the cycle speedway thread and by some weird piece of cyberology managed to post on a New Cross thread that was quiet for over a year!!!!! How does that happen i wonder????

I was trying to enter via google and put in cycle speedway New Cross Rangers. Then just hit a link, I saw it was wrong, tried to get delete to correct myself but so far that facility is not optional. If you check cycle speedway you will see the message that I wanted to get over - then running without the link I put up not coming across live.

http://www.cyclespeedwayhistory.org.uk/448.shtml

Edited by speedyguy

My grandson has suggested that i use google crome and its much faster..problem is when i try to sign in i get rejected and i dont know what to do about it ..your expected to be a tecnical genious to use a computer..Help!!!

Speedyguy

The Delete is now called Hide.

Surely I'm not the only one who has been having problems for the past few days as the forum has reverted back to how it was - unable to access it at different times of the day including late at night, being timed out and pages won't load?

I thought I'd do this first because who knows whether I'll be able to get anywhere else. :sad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy