British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

39 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Like you, I am enjoying Moto3. I like its rawness and it's great watching riders knocking each other off and then having a fight!

I loved Acosta's interview when they asked him his race strategy, and he said it was to have fun until the last lap and then take the trophy.

I still need to get more familiar with most of the names, as I've never really watched it at all before. At the moment I'm sort of picking random riders to follow as the race goes on and watching the Grachan curse take hold of them! 

You'll find crash.net is a good site for info on teams and riders and of course MCN,  I started following GP more closely after i met Barry Sheen in the 80s and enjoy every minute of all the classes.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2021 at 8:08 AM, jrs said:

Good to see Marquez back on a bike yesterday,  though he looked shattered at the end of the race and only 13 seconds off the pace behind Quatararo, who's win takes him into the lead in the championship.

Sixteen year old Pedro Acosta again in brilliant form to take the moto3 race passing Foggia on the last lap.  Quite a start for the lad in moto championships with his first three race results being second,  first and first again yesterday and clear leader of the moto3 championship. It shows just how strong Spanish junior racing is these days. 

The Spanish set up is absolutely brilliant and is really the only series to be in if you want to be a Moto GP rider.

Raul Fernandez  also looks an amazing talent, he was too big last year for a Moto 3 bike but is looking a star in the Moto 2 category. Can see him and Remy Gardner on the KTM in Moto Gp within the next two years.

• Like 2

Another brilliant day at the races :)  really pleased for Di Giannantonio to take his first moto2 victory with a great ride,  and a real boost for his team after the sad start that they had to the season. 

Then up pops good old Jack Miller to take a truly emotional first victory for five years with his team mate close behind, after Quatararo's mid race problems left him eventually finishing in13th. It seems like the changing of the old guard is happening again this season, and again another rookie is leading the championship.

As for moto3 the usual mayhem and a tight finish with 1.5 seconds separating the first ten. Seems premature to say it but the boy Acosta looks almost a certainty barring accidents to win the world championship having won three on the trot. 

I hope that Quatararo gets surgery for the armpump problems sorted in time for his home grand prix at Le Mans and makes a full recovery in time. 

I'm enjoying MotoGP and Moto2. Very good entertainment. But Moto3? Oh my God! I love it! It's mental.

Riders swapping position throughout and trying to get into good positions to pass etc, with riders crashing out all the time and a 16-year-old creaming the lot of them. It's brilliant. I'm rooting for Sasaki to get himself a podium position at some point as he was my random pick for the first race!

Having once had an extremely anti-English Scotsman as a lodger, it's always good to see Scottish sportspeople making a balls-up too!

• Like 4

On 5/2/2021 at 5:20 PM, jrs said:

Another brilliant day at the races :)  really pleased for Di Giannantonio to take his first moto2 victory with a great ride,  and a real boost for his team after the sad start that they had to the season. 

Then up pops good old Jack Miller to take a truly emotional first victory for five years with his team mate close behind, after Quatararo's mid race problems left him eventually finishing in13th. It seems like the changing of the old guard is happening again this season, and again another rookie is leading the championship.

As for moto3 the usual mayhem and a tight finish with 1.5 seconds separating the first ten. Seems premature to say it but the boy Acosta looks almost a certainty barring accidents to win the world championship having won three on the trot. 

I hope that Quatararo gets surgery for the armpump problems sorted in time for his home grand prix at Le Mans and makes a full recovery in time. 

Fabio had surgery on Monday and skipped the moto gp test.

Marquez also pulled out of the test due to the crashes he had at the weekend leaving him stiff and sore.

Acosta is really looking like he is something special.

• Like 1

ITV4 to show all classes live from Le Mans according to Autosport.

With BT Sport up for sale and ITV one of the rumoured bidders maybe this will lead to a permanent terrestrial tv deal.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 5:20 PM, jrs said:

I'm a bit late replying to this, but I'm confused about the highlighted part.
In the context it seems like you are referring to MotoGP with this comment. The current championship leader is Pecco Bagnaia who has been in the MotoGP class since 2019, so definitely not a rookie.
Enea Bastianini is the top rookie so far this year and he is 12th in the standings after Jerez.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HenryW said:

I'm a bit late replying to this, but I'm confused about the highlighted part.
In the context it seems like you are referring to MotoGP with this comment. The current championship leader is Pecco Bagnaia who has been in the MotoGP class since 2019, so definitely not a rookie.
Enea Bastianini is the top rookie so far this year and he is 12th in the standings after Jerez.

You're correct Henry , I always do get the two mixed up, touch of dementia there. In a way the last two seasons 20 & 21 have been a bit confusing with the absence of Marquez, with so many of the younger guys coming through to take the places that would have belonged to Dovi,  Rossi and Cal as well as Marquez.  I thoroughly enjoyed the changing of the guard last season and without the Marquez domination its actually brought more life and unpredictability back to the top class for me. 

This Sunday 16 May, ITV4 is showing the MotoGP/2/3 live from the French GP.  Can I encourage anyone who has an interest in MotoGP/2/3 to tune in to ITV4 (not channel 4, but ITV4).  

It seems like BTSport (who have the contract to show all MotoGP/2/3 sessions from Friday-Sunday at all planned 2021 meetings, is going to sell on its rights and rumour has it ITV4 is one of the contenders to take it on.  ITV4 is a free to view channel, so I encourage as many as possible to view this Sunday, 16 May, as it appears this could be a market tester, and if its a success ITV4 may have the confidence advertisers would invest in future showings on the basis lots of viewers to see their adverts.

I subscribe to BTSport, but will be supporting ITV4 this Sunday, on the basis I dont want MotoGP to go to a pay as you view channel.

ITV4 are also showing this Sunday British Superbikes history, a programme with racing from 500cc world championship with Barry Sheene, Chili, and other stars from the past, British Touring Cars and other motoring sports events. Sounds like they wanting to generate interest, so lets support them.  Sunday 16 May

• Like 5

I got rid of bt sport so this is brilliant. il be watching Sunday and I think Ive read there showing highlights of other races during the season

• Like 1

I think they show an hours highlights on either a Monday or maybe Tuesday.  Again, if it’s on next Mon/Tues I will tune in just to show support, more viewers more likely more quality sponsors for the adverts.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this hope the weather behaves. Couldn't watch 2 and 3 races, will catch the highlights. Nice to see Marquez on 2nd row, should be interesting. Also Rossi on 3rd row

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bruno said:

Looking forward to this hope the weather behaves. Couldn't watch 2 and 3 races, will catch the highlights. Nice to see Marquez on 2nd row, should be interesting. Also Rossi on 3rd row

Yep, will be a very unpredictable race I reckon!

Good to see John McPhee finally get some points 

• Like 1