British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

Excellent racing from Le Mans. I think Moto3 and MotoGP were brilliant races.      Well done John McPhee, first points of the year after 4 races with zero, only one of those being his fault. He is now riding to secure his seat for 2022. He needs to be in Moto2 really.

Congratulations to Jack Miller with another brilliant victory in horrible greasy conditions. Makes you wonder how Jack would have faired had he continued with speedway. He certainly wouldn't be earning the sort of money that he's paid now as a factory Ducati man. Well done Jack, that's was well deserved and it looks like it's going to be another interesting year in MotoGP.

Edited by jrs
  • Like 1

For those that missed yesterday’s Le Mans MotoGP/2/3 highlights are shown tonight, Monday, at 8pm on ITV4, and at 9pm on ITV4+1.

usually get the whole of MOTOGP race plus highlights from Moto2 and Moto3

• Like 1

Interesting to read that ITV4 viewing figures for the Le Mans GP were around double the average BT audience for motogp.  I was very surprised that the average BT viewing figures were so low at around 200,000. So the overnight figure of 425,000 for ITV4 is a big leap.  I must admit i watched ITV4 on freeview and BT/SKY  simultaneously just to compare. I assumed that a lot of the non race coverage on ITV4 was taken from the Dorna motogp feed and to me it wasn't a lot different from BT just more of Simon Crafar on the mic.

If it was on the main ITV  channel it would not surprise me if it doubled the audience figures of ITV4.  How many people actively look everyday to see what programmes are actually on ITV2,3,4, I know that I don't. Fingers crossed it materialises into freeviewing in the future, though I doubt it somehow. 

• Like 1

100  WSBK wins for Jonathan Rea , fantastic achievement 

• Like 1

Looking at practice for MotoGP Italian GP. Yesterday Rossi’s time 21st, only one rider behind him. Today, so far, he is still stuck at 21st. The year is getting no better. His team mate is currently 2nd, other Yamaha’s 1st and 3rd, Yamaha 1,2,3 and 21st.

Rossi says he will make his decision on 2022 in the summer break.  I hope he decides to retire at end of year before he gets sacked. Petronas is not going to pay him millions to be tail end Charlie.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 12:38 PM, DSC67 said:

100  WSBK wins for Jonathan Rea , fantastic achievement 

Pity he never got a fair chance in Moto GP, he could have been a top contender.

5 hours ago, Tim G said:

Pity he never got a fair chance in Moto GP, he could have been a top contender.

I suspect his brief encounter with MotoGP was more of a reward from Honda for his WSB championships. There are quiet a few differences between a WSB machine and a MotoGP bike, it would take home some time to get used to - brakes probably being the biggest, plus power of engine.

The press releases about Moto3's Jason Dupasquier really do not sound good after his crash in qualifying today.

I really hope for some good news, but it's hard to be optimistic with what they have said so far...

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I suspect his brief encounter with MotoGP was more of a reward from Honda for his WSB championships. There are quiet a few differences between a WSB machine and a MotoGP bike, it would take home some time to get used to - brakes probably being the biggest, plus power of engine.

He was covering for the injured Casey Stoney so it was very difficult as he was switching  between his WSB bike and the Moto GP bike each weekend. I think he had two top eight finishes and was told not too crash.

Given a fair run on a good bike I am convinced he would have been a top five rider in the Moto GP class.

11 hours ago, HenryW said:

The press releases about Moto3's Jason Dupasquier really do not sound good after his crash in qualifying today.

I really hope for some good news, but it's hard to be optimistic with what they have said so far...

Awful news, my  thoughts and prayers are with Jason and his family and friends and his team, hope we get better news soon. 

Not been a good year so far for the Gressini team with the loss of Fausto a couple of months ago and I notice they've already cancelled today's tributes to Fausto at Mugello.  :neutral:

Edited by jrs
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Looking at practice for MotoGP Italian GP. Yesterday Rossi’s time 21st, only one rider behind him. Today, so far, he is still stuck at 21st. The year is getting no better. His team mate is currently 2nd, other Yamaha’s 1st and 3rd, Yamaha 1,2,3 and 21st.

Rossi says he will make his decision on 2022 in the summer break.  I hope he decides to retire at end of year before he gets sacked. Petronas is not going to pay him millions to be tail end Charlie.

With Rossi's investments in all three motogp classes I can't imagine anybody sacking him apart from Rossi himself.

Well, he could be riding at 50 but 10 secs behind last man.

I am a Rossi fan, admire what he done,  he is a legend very possibly GOAT, but there is a time to retire. He has 20 odd years racing experience behind him, years of setting up bikes, yet he cannot sort this out while his fellow Yamaha riders have. 
Remember he has already been demoted to non factory team Petronas to make way for better potential.  If he is unsackable I reckon it will be Yamaha company that will have to be paying his wages and not Petronas.

3 hours ago, jrs said:

Awful news, my  thoughts and prayers are with Jason and his family and friends and his Gressini team, hope we get better news soon. 

Not been a good year so far for the Gressini team with the loss of Fausto a couple of months ago and I notice they've already cancelled today's tributes to Fausto at Mugello.  :neutral:

Sadly, the good news never came.

It has now been confirmed that Dupasquier has succumbed to the injuries suffered yesterday.

RIP Jason.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Sadly, the good news never came.

It has now been confirmed that Dupasquier has succumbed to the injuries suffered yesterday.

RIP Jason.

So sad, just at the beginning of his chosen career.

condolences to his family and friends.