British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

I agree the machinery he is on is capable of being able to produce the results but not the way he rides the bike, in my opinion. The younger riders have a different style and the bikes are suited to that style and I believe (and I think he knows) that he is unable ride the Yamaha to its full capability. Yamaha are not going to change the characteristics for Vale when they currently have 3 riders that have the capability to get on the podium every race. Sad to say this.....

• Like 1

I notice today, race day, at Barcelona GP there is a limited number of spectators, all out in the open, but socially distanced and all appear to be wearing masks.

John McPhee looking good in Moto3, Jake Dixon looks like a return to form in Moto2, and Quattararo looks like he could take MotoGP but Morbidelli is one to watch.

High spot for me was watching about 15 riders all trying to be in third place at the same time on the same corner as that was the prime position to be in. 

• Like 2

Well, my predictions went out of the window.

John McPhee fell off (he was leading at the time and a favourite)

Jake Dixon, I was judging on what I saw in 3rd pracice, didnt see qualifiers, he still looking for form - good sort

Quartararo - tyres went, dont know what was happening with his zipped up race suit unzipping with few laps to go - but he got 3 seconds penaly for that, as well as 3 sec penaty for exceeding track limits more then a few times, so finished 5th,

morbidelli went backwards at the start and couldnt get back up to the front again.

Well done to Oliveira, he deserves an exrended KTM contract but I wi=ondering he hanging on for some other offers - Yamaha maybe

Commentator said Honda, the mighty Honda HRC team, could well be the worse bikes on the grid this year.

So it's on to Saxen, Sachse, Saxchz, Germany this weekend and it promises to be another rollercoaster few days. Can MM continue his comeback with a few laps at the sharp end? Or will he even manage a podium at a track he's dominated at for a while now? Will Fabs manage to keep his zip up this time around? Can KTM continue their good run? Petrucci seems to think it's possible.

Talking of KTM, can anyone halt their dominance in Moto2? Schrotter and Di Giannantonio could be the guys, both fared well the last time at the circuit. In Moto3, Fenati and McPhee are the highest finishers from 2019 still in the class, but the young guns will have no respect for that! Not even after the recent rollockings from race control. Series leader Acosta* has never ridden the circuit so he could be in for a tough weekend.

Hope the rain stays away, it promises to be a great weekend. 

Edit.*

Turns out Acosta has ridden here before, in Red Bull Rookies and won. Missed that one completely! 

Edited by OGT
Correction
  • Like 2

I suppose this is just highlights again on ITV4 for none bt subscribers

That’s why I subscribe to BT, I pay to see the whole of faces, practice and qualifying, the lot. I don’t subscribe to BT to watch any other sport, but if it’s on I may watch world rally cross.   I

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

That’s why I subscribe to BT, I pay to see the whole of faces, practice and qualifying, the lot. I don’t subscribe to BT to watch any other sport, but if it’s on I may watch world rally cross.   I

BT ticks a few boxes for me. I love the in depth MotoGP coverage, plus I'm a big rugby fan so that's another plus.

I know they're not on much, but there's the occasional Villa game to "enjoy" too.

Not forgetting the SGPs of course and as I get both with my package, I'm not fussed that they'll be on Eurosport in the future. Which also has prem league speedway of course, BSB and the Jonathan Rea show too. 

• Like 2

After paying for sky for over 20 years then bt for many years I'm currently going through a I'm not paying for any TV phase. Unfortunately you then miss out on stuff you want to watch

• Like 2

Can’t blame you Bruno. If one sports Chanel had all the speedway it wouldn’t be as bad. I been on a bit contract for about 3.5 years but back in Jan the new deal excludes Eurosport, not so bad this year cause I don’t mind missing British speedway, what little there is, but next year I think speedway Bp could go to Eurosport but bt still has Moto GP, 2 and 3, makes it tricky.

I'm going to phone bt soon to see if I can get a deal for a few months to get the GPS . I've got bt broadband and can get sky on my Amazon fire thru my son's sky . However I'm not paying stupid money. It's not really the price that bothers me it's the principal. However principal these days doesn't seem to get you anywhere

• Like 1

You can get bt sport on an app for a tablet or your phone. I have a Google chrome cast and that puts the tablet/phone screen onto a tv screen. Forget what the cost is,  not ginormouse, and I sure you can run it for the gp season remembering you have to give a months notice.

• Like 1

I like this little eastern German track, always have done, and Mark Marquez loves it too. Since he went to MotoGP he has won every gp there, that’s some going.

Sounds like John McPhee has had the dirty done to him. Last year he was on the promise of a Moto2 ride for 2021 with Petronas. Then Jake Dixon picked up and retained his Moto2 slot for this year, JMcPhee lost out.  Since the last race 2 weeks ago Petronas has taken away his Crew Chief and put him with Jake Dixon (rumours Jake and new crew chief going up to MotGP next year). So JMcPhee has lost he is crew chief and the amazing thing is Petronas is NOT replacing him, so John is up a creek without a paddle. John’s job is to ride the bike and give feedback to….. his (missing) crew chief who then decides what needs to be done and who is going to do the work.  So when John comes in from a practice lap he has no dedicated person to give feedback to.  So what for John in 2022.? Last year other teams were interested in John for Moto2 , he turned them down thinking his future was Petronas, maybe those chances won’t come again. I hope he can get a good team into Moto2, maybe Petronas will give him Jake Dixon’s seat, but they seem to be managing this very peculiar.  Time will show what’s what.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not seen Moto 3 yet, but just watched Moto GP, Mark Marquez a bit emotional being interviewed. I not a MM fan but after what he been through with that injury he deserved the win today. He has done 11 gran prix at that track, 1x125cc, 2x250cc and 8 in the big class - all wins.The first 10 of those races he has been top qualifier. That’s an amazing record in itself.

• Like 2

I'm no Marquez fan either, but hats off to him for the win yesterday. 

**SPOILER ALERT**

Very good Moto3 race ended with another won for Acosta. Fantastic ride from the lad, he's such a mature rider for 17 years of age, has brilliant race craft  too.