British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

Very brave on Binder and others for going the speed they doing on bald tyres, even though they going slower then on treaded tyres. Add to that, going at a slower speed the brakes cool and hardly work, and some of those corners are tight..

I wonder is Jake Dixon going to get a Petronas GP ride at Silverstone. I suppose if Vinhales is back on Yamaha Crutchlow will be back at Petronas. However, Vinhales needs a break before he completely cracks up. A good chance for Jake, it is said the bigger bike will suit him. And to ride alongside Rossi - what a privilege.

• Like 1

I see Maverick is now confirmed as an Aprilia rider for 2022.

His shenanigans last week clearly didn't put them off :D

• Like 3

Good to hear that Silverstone has record ticket sales for the GP. 

Hopefully Dixon will get a ride on the Petronas bike as I can’t see a way back for Vinales at Yamaha after his disgusting actions.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any insight as to why Dani Pedrosa was not riding last weekend?

Going to do a logical guess here.  He is KTM test rider and thus allowed a select number of rides, unless a full team member is out injured in the later case a team has to replace a injured team member if missing more then one meeting. So Cal is in replacing injured Morbedeli. Pedrosa was taking a test rider go, not replacing an injured team mate.

• Like 1

Vinales got what he deserved from Yamaha so will we see him on an Aprillia before the end of the season?

Big weekend at Silverstone for Dixon making his Moto GP debut. Hopefully a young British rider like Vickers or Skinner will replace him in Moto 2 for the weekend.

• Like 1

Big surprise with Pol taking the number one spot in qualifying, and Vale comes up with a solid eighth place to surprise those who believe he shouldn't still be riding. Just hope he can maintain that sort of pace in the race.  I hope Dixon is learning from the experience and can move himself a bit further up the field. 

Are we going to have an unexpected winner today, and in moto3 will Acosta have another smash and grab raid from twenty first on the grid. Not long to wait now !

A worthy winner of the MotoGP in Quartararo. So Yamaha 1st, 19th, 20th, and 21st.   Got to be a story in that.  Jake Dixon, 20th. Rode amazingly well, first time on such a powerful machine on Friday, 4 practice sessions plus a warm up, went faster each practice session. Great job. Lost ground somewhere on the track, lost touch with others like Cal, who he could have followed and learned from. I would like to think they will put him in the 2nd Petronas seat next year alongside Dovi.  Cal Crutchlow, only 2nd meeting since coming back as a stand in, not competing regularly, so he did well to finish 20th spot......he said he was going faster then last year, but everyone else has picked up the pace. That is scary.  And Valentino, my favourite rider for donkeys years. Doing well initially managing to improve on his qualifying position (which is always good),, he loves SIlverstone and would love to have put a last show for his fans, but not to be. His tyres were shot at by two thirds race distance. Now, he riding the same bike as Quatararo, think they were on same tyres but Rossi has completely worn out tyres. Riding style different? Quartararo won the race by going faster then Rossi but Rossi's tyres shot at. I just glad he is retiring whilst still in one piece. He is now a father as well, riders dont seem to go as well once they are a parent. Time is right for him to go, the years have caught up with him.  Interesting his comment about Marc Marques...... it would take another 100 years for me to like him. Probably Joge Martin would agree after what Marquez did to him, an Espargaro in Austria.  No need to be that hard on Lap 1 - MotoGP is not like F1 where a race can be won or lost on lap 1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

A worthy winner of the MotoGP in Quartararo. So Yamaha 1st, 19th, 20th, and 21st.   Got to be a story in that.  Jake Dixon, 20th. Rode amazingly well, first time on such a powerful machine on Friday, 4 practice sessions plus a warm up, went faster each practice session. Great job. Lost ground somewhere on the track, lost touch with others like Cal, who he could have followed and learned from. I would like to think they will put him in the 2nd Petronas seat next year alongside Dovi.  Cal Crutchlow, only 2nd meeting since coming back as a stand in, not competing regularly, so he did well to finish 20th spot......he said he was going faster then last year, but everyone else has picked up the pace. That is scary.  And Valentino, my favourite rider for donkeys years. Doing well initially managing to improve on his qualifying position (which is always good),, he loves SIlverstone and would love to have put a last show for his fans, but not to be. His tyres were shot at by two thirds race distance. Now, he riding the same bike as Quatararo, think they were on same tyres but Rossi has completely worn out tyres. Riding style different? Quartararo won the race by going faster then Rossi but Rossi's tyres shot at. I just glad he is retiring whilst still in one piece. He is now a father as well, riders dont seem to go as well once they are a parent. Time is right for him to go, the years have caught up with him.  Interesting his comment about Marc Marques...... it would take another 100 years for me to like him. Probably Joge Martin would agree after what Marquez did to him, an Espargaro in Austria.  No need to be that hard on Lap 1 - MotoGP is not like F1 where a race can be won or lost on lap 1.

I watched the Moto GP race at Becketts/Chapel corners and the interesting thing about Quartararo was how late he got on the power, it was about six bike lengths later than some riders. The BT commentators have said before how he rolls through the corners and this must protect his tyres.

Dixon did really well and said he had grip issues on Sunday, sounds like he is on the bike again at Aragon as Vierge has turned down the ride.

Will be fun to see what Vinales can do on the Aprillia at Aragon.

• Like 2

Yes, Aprillia done really, made tremendous progress this year. Great chance for Vinhales to redeem himself and for Espargaro to move forward too. Nice to see all the bikes are capable of winning.

Trust you enjoyed it all.

Great. It’s been confirmed Jake Dixon will race the Petronas Yamaha next weekend in Aragon. I hope that’s a good sign that he is in line for a full ride next year.

The other good news is that John McPhee is riding Jakes Moto2 bike in Aragon. As it stands John is without a ride next year, though no doubts talks are going on with teams. He is going to have a chance on a Moto2 and show piece himself. Like Jake, it doesn’t mean he has to get a podium. Needs to impress by improving times between the Friday/Saturday practices and Sunday race.

As Petronas is removing their sponsorship next year, Moto1 and Moto2 bikes will disappear. However I read there is the possibility of a management buy out, meaning John may get his Moto2 ride next year. I certainly hope.

• Like 1

Great work from Michael Laverty, excellent news that we will have a British Moto 3 team next year.

Sam Lowes also extending his Marc VDS contract means we will have a few British riders to follow next year.

• Like 2

Good news for John McPhee, announced this weekend  at Milano. He has got a ride next year in Moto2 with Max Biaggi team riding a Husqvarna, along with Japanese Moto3 rider Sasaka.

Valentino’s last ride in front of his fans in his Italian homeland. I would love to see him do something special but I don’t think it will happen.

• Like 1

Well done to Fabio on his title win, richly deserved.

Next year could be special with Fabio, Bagnia and Marquez fighting for the championship.

Cannot understand how Binder got the Yamaha ride and that team looks weak with a past it Dovizioso on the other side of the garage.

• Like 3

Moto3 and Moto2 both holding the interest as to who will be world champ.             
Fabio did well to win this year, what with Bagnia putting the pressure on. Marquez will come back stronger next year. I think Martin will mature and cause problems, Bastanini too, and maybe Luca Marini if his motor is a works Ducati. Be interesting what the KTM riders do, they don’t seem to have the consistency yet. And of course, Vinhales has a point to prove and Aleix is improving fast . Really going to be hotly contested, can’t wait.