British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

Well it's the final weekend of the season, Rossi made me laugh when he echoed my thoughts that it would be nice if the rest of the field let him take a podium in his last ever GP   :t:   he even added that he'll pay for the party afterwards ! It'll be a sad day on Sunday and I hope they give him the farewell that he deserves . Touch wood the rain doesn't reappear for tomorrow.

Congratulations to Pedro Acosta on clinching the moto 3 world championship last weekend.  It was the usual cracking harum scarum race, and Binder robbed us of a deciding race this weekend by wiping out Foggia. For a rookie it's a great feat for seventeen year old Acosta, it'll be interesting to see what he can do in moto2 next year.

And barring disasters it looks like Gardner will take the moto2 title tomorrow. The surprise of the year for me is that young Lecuona is leaving motogp for WSB next season, after having improved considerably over the second half of the season. 

Hope it's good weather and a good crowd for a special day. 

• Like 3

Today is the end of an era.
I started properly watching and following the series around the same time that Valentino came into 125cc, and I have been with him all through his career.
It has been a glorious journey with him, even as someone that has only been a TV viewer of his races...
Sad as it may sound, I am fairly sure that I will shed some tears at the end of the race and his career...
He has brought me so much joy and entertainment over the years...and he has been instrumental in lifting his sport to a higher level.
Grazie Vale....You are leaving the sport in the best position it has ever been in, but it will never be the same without you.

• Like 4

Same as you HenryW. Followed Vale all the way from his 125 days. He engages with fans unlike any other has, before or since. He gets a big thank you from me.
I think there will be a good show after todays finish, plenty of fireworks, and maybe more, it will be a big send off.            
There is more then Valentino moving on to day though, and they deserve equally big thank you. I think of Danilo Petrucci, Simone Corse, Tomas Luhti, maybe one or two more, who have given good entertainment over the years.           
Maybe two meetings ago we seen the last from Marc Marquez. Not my favourite rider by far, but that doesn’t take away from his riding ability. Sadly, he has taken a lot of damage to his body and just recovering from that, amd got back to his winning ways. No doubt more to come next year. However, his last fall he suffered a detached retina, a repeat injury of about 10 years ago. It was rectified then, but that may not be the case this time, so it is said.

• Like 1

JRS, I agree, shame Lecuona is leaving Moto GP, not by his will. He is young, but improved a lot this year. Not everyone is like Quartarara and hit the track running. Problem was KTM made a decision early on that Lecuona and Petrucci were to leave at the end of the year. Maybe right decision for Petrucci, he is a big guy for a compact bike. Shame really. Maybe Lecuona will be back in a few years but I fear not, too many other youngsters will catch the eye of team owners.

• Like 1

That turned out to be a very special day.  Just wish I could have been at the party. A real shame that Foggia turned villain for the day when he took the new moto3 world champion Acosta out on the final lap in another crackling moto3 race. In moto2 it seemed like Gardner was playing with fire sitting in the pack where he could easily have been involved in somebody's problems, but he got the title in the end although I think Fernandez is a slightly better rider,  and it'll be interesting to see how they both get on in motogp next season.

And finally a good race win from Bagnia who is beginning already to look like a champion for next season. It ended the season well to finish without a runaway race winner and full marks to Miller who nearly got there in the end and Martin who looks good for the future . 

And to cap it all, what a day for Rossi ! Finished tenth only 13 seconds behind the winner at the age of forty two.  I first saw him at Brno in 96 (if my memory serves me well) and it was obvious from the start that the gangly kid was different and very talented. Little did anybody realise quite what he would do for the sport over the next twenty six years. One big thing he brought to motogp was the fact that he had humour in his bones and he could make people and other riders smile and also learn how to endear themselves to the masses. The end of the race gathering of all the riders on their bikes to pay tribute really showed the human side of the sport and respect.  His protege Bagnia certainly seems to have the talent, but could he fill Rossi's boots for twenty six years. Let's hope that the sport continues to grow. 

Thanks Vale for making Sundays so good, think you made a few shed a year yesterday. And a well deserved special award at the FIM season awards ceremony last night. 

• Like 4

Yep, it was a brilliant day, Moto3 as exciting as usual, close racing. Some dirty riders in Moto3, I hope they get rid of that streak before they progress further. Not particularly referring to Foggia. He did wrong, but out of frustrations for what happened the week before when thickly Binder took him down. You just don’t do that when that one race determined who was going to be world champion. Foggias team ought to sort that incident yesterday themselves.             
I don’t know what Remy Garner was doing, he really needed to be up where he started from, 8th. That’s where I would want to be to be comfortable. He himself only needed to miss a gear, or something as silly, and he could have lost the championship. Will be interesting to see how they go. I think they will both do well in MotoGP, maybe not the first year, but once they settled in.          A nice send off for Vale, and he was enjoying it. Good to see the 9 bikes he has won his championship on. The race itself was interesting to see how the three evenly matched Ducatis went. I think Martin was on a works prepared bike. He rode really well seeing it was his first MotoGP season and he has missed a big chunk due to injury. I know Yamaha is down on power compared to Ducatis but I think Quartararo being world champ sees no need to risk an injury for nothing, what with testing next years bikes taking place this week. Nice for Rossi to finish in the top 10 for his last race, but he had rear guard by two of his mates. Good to see Petrucci with a big smile on his face as he said farewell with tears in his eyes.          
Look forward to next years competition.         
Any one else see Tai catch up with Rossi and give him a race helmet, maybe one of his world championship winning helmets.

• Like 1

Just four weeks to go and counting and then life gets back to normal  :)

After this weekends testing it looks like the rookies won’t be too far off the pace, especially Bezzecchi who was  sixteenth only .5 sec behind the fastest time of Bastianini. I quietly fancy Fernandez to be the most successful of the rookies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jrs said:

Just four weeks to go and counting and then life gets back to normal  :)

After this weekends testing it looks like the rookies won’t be too far off the pace, especially Bezzecchi who was  sixteenth only .5 sec behind the fastest time of Bastianini. I quietly fancy Fernandez to be the most successful of the rookies.

Yep, can’t come quick enough jrs! I think the Ducati’s are going to be hard to beat this year!

• Like 2

Haven't got BT anymore, are the highlights on Channel 4? this year

McPhee injured in a supermoto crash and has fractured 2 vertebrae so misses the next round. Hopefully fit for Argentina.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Tim G said:

McPhee injured in a supermoto crash and has fractured 2 vertebrae so misses the next round. Hopefully fit for Argentina.

That is not good for John McPhee, irrespective of his injuries he needs to be riding up at the front getting a few wins in. Time is passing him by quickly and he is still in Moto3

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

That is not good for John McPhee, irrespective of his injuries he needs to be riding up at the front getting a few wins in. Time is passing him by quickly and he is still in Moto3

Big year for him as it’s his last in Moto 3. Needs good results if he is going to get a Moto 2 ride.

• Like 1

Moto GP this weekend from Indonesia. Because of time difference practice starts very early, and so will the race on Sunday.  I got my Bt set to record it all, not getting up at a ridiculous time to watch it live. After 2nd practice Friday the two Yamaha’s are first and second. As they expecting it to rain tomorrow it could well be they will be top of the qualifiers to shoot it out. MMarquez not taking to his Hinda this, front sliding away too much. 

A brilliant weekend of racing in MotoGP/2/3. What an amazing track, plenty of sweeping but challenging corners. Pity they only relaid major parts of it 4 weeks ago. It started breaking up with the bike power and heat.  Moto3 was a really good race, plenty of action. Pity Jake Dixon blew it, should have just gone a bit slower and held onto 2nd place. MotoGP in the wet, really wet. Olivera did really well, as did Daren Binder….. that was a surprise. Roll on the next meeting.

• Like 1