British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

On 9/13/2020 at 9:02 PM, bruno said:

Nor me , I always enjoy Moto 3 and obviously watch the main race but tend to give 2 a miss

Not a great race but a brilliant ride from Sam Lowes starting from pit lane.

So, predictions for this weekends MotoGP Misano race 2? 

And can wee McPhee win again?

Valentino Rossi not riding this weekend due to failing a COVID test. Doubtful for next weekend so Lorenzo may replace him then.

I don’t think there is a requirement for Yam to replace Rossi, I think they have 2 meetings then a rider must be replaced.  But why would they risk their test rider when he has nothing to add to the world championship - Yam as a team are so far back.              
Another point which was pointed out just on Tv, teams are restricted on number of engines they can use in a season, and Yam had some big troubles early this season with engines, so why would they put Rossi’s engines out on the track, risking engine damage, for nothing.

John McPhee is really frustrating. He can win, but because he hangs about much of the race in the lower half of top ten he risks getting wiped out, and does. His hope of getting a Petronius ride in GP2 have gone now, Jake Dixon has put last years experience to good use and come good this year. He should have had his first podium finish last week at Le Man, was Bout 3 Sec in the lead from Sam Lowes whose tyres had gone, when he pushed to hard and fell. Typical Hero to Zero, with about 4 laps to go.

• Like 1

With a rubbish SON  arch in Lublin on Saturday, last night I caught up with the GPS. What a cracker of a meeting on Sunday, all three GPS.        
Started with Moto3 - John McPhee qualified 10th, not too good on that track (Aragon, Spain). He had a long lap penalty on him for something, so after he few laps he did his long lap, dropping him to 17th. In the remaining laps he got himself to 5th going over the line. Marvellous job, and he wasn’t on the best bike (Honda) whilst his competitors were on faster KTM’s.             
Then Moto2.  Last week at the French GP, Jake Dixon was leading and Sam Lowes 2nd. Look promising for this last weekend. We know Sam Lowes won it, as he did the French last week, but Jake Dixon managed to stay upright this week and finished 4th. Thing with Jake, this was only his second visit to Aragon so still getting used to it all. However, with another GP at Aragon next Sunday, Jake has every chance to make an improvement, and perhaps get his first podium.         
Finally MotoGP, the world championship is wide open, and no one rider is dominating.  Now we have Joan Mir leading, whilst Quartararo hurt himself twice in practice and felt the pain during the race finishing out of the points. Do I could still become world champion, which would be well deserved as he has been runner up last 3 years and is being dumped by Ducati at the end of this year.               
 Brilliant racing in all three classes, can’t wait till this weekend coming.

• Like 1

Rossi looking doubtful for this weekend as still testing positive for Covid. Garrett Gerloff to replace him if he does not pass the test.

Massive weekend for Sam Lowes on a track where his best performance is only a 4th place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tim G said:

Rossi looking doubtful for this weekend as still testing positive for Covid. Garrett Gerloff to replace him if he does not pass the test.

Massive weekend for Sam Lowes on a track where his best performance is only a 4th place.

I'd rather they had got Lorenzo to do the race...

• Like 1

The way other Moto2 title contenders are performing at the moment if Lowe got a couple of 4th places on Valencia he would still be leading the championship. Lowe is full of confidence at the moment, look forward to see what he can do.          
The progress of Jake Dixon is really interesting, he might just make a podium in the last 3 rounds, but next year could be a good year for him.

In Moto GP, who is going to end up as world champ? Quartararo hasn’t been consistent enough, Vinhales should have used his superior experience to beat the youngsters but hasn’t, likewise Rins, Joan Mir could do it if he can get a win in the next 3 rounds, Ducati need to take a long look at their management technique at the moment, KTM are finding it difficult to come up with consistency that is needed, Morbideli and Alex Marquez have come to the party a bit too late except to be spoilers. Will be an exciting finish to the very unpredictable season.

Even if Lorenzo rode Rossi’s  bike, he wouldn’t do much good. Apparently he only tested twice this year, once early season and then a few weeks ago at Portimao and that was on last years bike and he he was well off the pace. You can’t miss most of a season and be expected to be on the pace, these guys have been racing at 200mph all season, Lorenzo has’nt - that makes a big difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

The way other Moto2 title contenders are performing at the moment if Lowe got a couple of 4th places on Valencia he would still be leading the championship. Lowe is full of confidence at the moment, look forward to see what he can do.          
The progress of Jake Dixon is really interesting, he might just make a podium in the last 3 rounds, but next year could be a good year for him.

In Moto GP, who is going to end up as world champ? Quartararo hasn’t been consistent enough, Vinhales should have used his superior experience to beat the youngsters but hasn’t, likewise Rins, Joan Mir could do it if he can get a win in the next 3 rounds, Ducati need to take a long look at their management technique at the moment, KTM are finding it difficult to come up with consistency that is needed, Morbideli and Alex Marquez have come to the party a bit too late except to be spoilers. Will be an exciting finish to the very unpredictable season.

Even if Lorenzo rode Rossi’s  bike, he wouldn’t do much good. Apparently he only tested twice this year, once early season and then a few weeks ago at Portimao and that was on last years bike and he he was well off the pace. You can’t miss most of a season and be expected to be on the pace, these guys have been racing at 200mph all season, Lorenzo has’nt - that makes a big difference.

Big year for Dixon next year as I can only see Rossi at SRT for one season and Donna will want a Brit in Moto GP so Dixon could have a big chance of getting that ride as he is already in that team’s structure.

Lorenzo has said he stopped training due to lockdown so is nowhere near fit enough to be competitive for a race weekend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I think Rins might win it. Not just because he is leading as I tipped him 3 or 4 races ago.

We are gutted, we had race tickets for the 3 days at Portimao and it has now been announced that there will be no spectators. We have been waiting for MotoGP to come to Portugal since the circuit was built and have watch WSB there and it is spectacular!!

• Sad 1

Read this morning that Lorenzo has been dropped (sacked) by Yamaha and they now going for Dovie.  Lorenzo was ankering for a Aprillia test rider spot. If he gets to Aprillia I hope he can do for them what Pedrosa has done for KTM.

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Read this morning that Lorenzo has been dropped (sacked) by Yamaha and they now going for Dovie.  Lorenzo was ankering for a Aprillia test rider spot. If he gets to Aprillia I hope he can do for them what Pedrosa has done for KTM.

If Aprillia can afford to pay him I expect he will become the test rider.

On 11/5/2020 at 9:40 AM, dj350z said:

I think Rins might win it. Not just because he is leading as I tipped him 3 or 4 races ago.

Standings I have seen after round 11 Aragon, shows Mir in the lead with 137, Rins is 6th with 105.

12 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Standings I have seen after round 11 Aragon, shows Mir in the lead with 137, Rins is 6th with 105.

Sorry, meant Mir!! Doh!

I like Mir (and Rins), but he not done well in first or second practice sessions in Valencia in wet then dry conditions. He only just in the top qualifiers for grid positions so far, and you got to be on the first 3 rows starting the race to stand a good chance. Vinhales is worse off, he knows he starting from the pit lane.

That American, Gerlof, is doing well for his first ever GP, on a wet track in Valencia.