British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

Just watching the warm ups  for today's races and the track looks nice and dry. 

I hope that Mir can build on the consistency that he has shown this year and he can seal a well deserved motogp title today, along with a few others he has turned the championship on its head this season. His rise to the top has really been incredible, although many will say, perhaps rightly,  that it wouldn't have turned out like this if Marquez had not been injured. We'll find the answer to that next year. 

I really thought it would be Quatararo's year but after his fantastic performances he seems to have hit a mini wall and hopefully he will soon regain his confidence. I think he and Morbidelli will both come to the fore next season. All though most seem to bemoan the fact that number one Marquez has been absent,  its opened up a whole new ball game in motogp this year. 

Good to see Alex Marquez  back on the bike again today after his monster highside yesterday. Be good to see Crutchlow give himself a rest and find another challenge,  and i think it's time McPhee left moto3 to the kids, and either go to moto2 or super bikes.

Without Marquez, for me it's been the best season for a fair while. 

• Like 1

John McPhee already signed up for moto3 with Petronous again. Seems that earlier in this season he was on line for a move to gp2 with Petronius, thenJake Dixon suddenly improved massively so they kept him on instead. Jake now in line for a MotoGP Petronius ride in 2022 when, if, Rossi retires (to manage his own VR46  MotoGP team). Then McPhee may get his chance to go to Moto2 on a decent machine.                   
MotoGP teams this year seem to have struggled on the new spec Michelin tyres, Yamaha included. Lots of riders urging teams to give them 2019 bikes back. Quartararo is one of them. His team mate, Franco Morbidelli is the only one of the 4 Yamaha riders on the 2019 bike, and he has won 3 gps this year and currently second in the championship win one round to go, that is if the Portugal GP takes place or locked down due to COVID. Now Mir has been crowned world champion cancellation won be to bad a thing if it happens.                 
Crutchlow has signed up as Yamaha test rider, with possible couple of GPS if allowed next year (they were not this year due to COVID). Dovi decided he not riding next year but not given up hope of back in 2022 - I can’t see that, too many youngsters wanting the break.              
There are strong rumours that M Marquez’s career could be dramatically changed or even finished. Apparently the broken arm is not too much a problem, it is the nerve damage, this could take a long time to recover if ever. Seems they blaming the first surgeon.  If he had been riding this year he would have walked the championship. Next year might be different if the arm damage is lingering.              
So Suzuki won the manufacturers championship, the team championship and the individual champion. First time they won the individual since 2000 when Kenny Roberts Jnr won it. And this year Suzuki are celebrating 100 years as a manufacturer.  Great stuff.

• Like 1

Brilliant GP season I thought and what a track to finish on.

Lets hope Marquez, who is reported to need another operation is fit for next year as I think some of the new stars have that similar attitude and style to him and can start to run him close.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vince said:

Brilliant GP season I thought and what a track to finish on.

Lets hope Marquez, who is reported to need another operation is fit for next year as I think some of the new stars have that similar attitude and style to him and can start to run him close.

Rumours are it’s at least a six months recovery period, so being a Moto GP rider he will be at the February test!!

Maybe we might see Dovi in Repsol colours next season.

• Like 1

Dovi riding fpr Repsol Honda!  Do you remember the fall out when they wanted to get rid of him some years ago, I think Casey Stoner was taking over his bike. Dovi was still under contract when they tried to dump him. His legal guys took Honda on and won, there was a third Repsol Honda bike on the grid, full Repso colours and Dovi in full Repsol leathers as well. The contract had to fulfilled to the letter. Would he go back there......mmmmm?

Marq Marqueuz has had a 6 hour operation. Thats a pretty serious operation. Will he be the same after recovery, thats the big question.

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Dovi riding fpr Repsol Honda!  Do you remember the fall out when they wanted to get rid of him some years ago, I think Casey Stoner was taking over his bike. Dovi was still under contract when they tried to dump him. His legal guys took Honda on and won, there was a third Repsol Honda bike on the grid, full Repso colours and Dovi in full Repsol leathers as well. The contract had to fulfilled to the letter. Would he go back there......mmmmm?

Marq Marqueuz has had a 6 hour operation. Thats a pretty serious operation. Will he be the same after recovery, thats the big question.

I know but if Marquez is not fit he is the only reasonable option as Honda cannot afford another year like this one. I think he would return as his career is looking finished now.

Marquez bone has had an infection and that is why it has not healed, he is receiving further treatment for it but that also seems like it will take another 6 weeks to find out if successful.

Well we're only ten days away from the start of the season and I can't wait to get some normality back into this strange world we've lived in for the past year. 

I thought that last year was brilliant because it brought about a complete change in the hierarchy of motogp.

Obviously if Marquez is fit, the spotlight will be on his every move too see if he can reclaim his title,  and how will the youngsters manage in solidifying their progress of last year in the absence of Marquez. Plus,  how will the old boy do in his new team. Only seems a few years  ago that he entertained us all as a fifteen year old when I first saw him race in Bruno. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jrs said:

Well we're only ten days away from the start of the season and I can't wait to get some normality back into this strange world we've lived in for the past year. 

I thought that last year was brilliant because it brought about a complete change in the hierarchy of motogp.

Obviously if Marquez is fit, the spotlight will be on his every move too see if he can reclaim his title,  and how will the youngsters manage in solidifying their progress of last year in the absence of Marquez. Plus,  how will the old boy do in his new team. Only seems a few years  ago that he entertained us all as a fifteen year old when I first saw him race in Bruno. 

Yep fully agree jrs, can't wait for it to start again. I see MM93 had a tentative ride on the mini moto and a road bike so can't really see how he can be fully race fit but we will see.

VR46 is struggling at the moment but that is not so unusual for him as he never really shines in testing and practice. I really hope he can get hi mojo back and at least compete with the young guns. I do think Petronas team will suit him.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dj350z said:

Yep fully agree jrs, can't wait for it to start again. I see MM93 had a tentative ride on the mini moto and a road bike so can't really see how he can be fully race fit but we will see.

VR46 is struggling at the moment but that is not so unusual for him as he never really shines in testing and practice. I really hope he can get hi mojo back and at least compete with the young guns. I do think Petronas team will suit him.

It was interesting to see that Marquez had a full test on his Honda yesterday at Barcelona, and he said it went well, but in reality even though he plans to go to Doha I believe it will best fit him to wait until he is near 100% fit before he's back on the grid. 

It will be sad this year as well with Gressini missing from the pits. And how will Suzuki respond to the changes at their team. Hopefully a good safe pleasurable and intriguing season ahead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jrs said:

It was interesting to see that Marquez had a full test on his Honda yesterday at Barcelona, and he said it went well, but in reality even though he plans to go to Doha I believe it will best fit him to wait until he is near 100% fit before he's back on the grid. 

It will be sad this year as well with Gressini missing from the pits. And how will Suzuki respond to the changes at their team. Hopefully a good safe pleasurable and intriguing season ahead.

Mike Scott has said in this week’s MCN that Marquez is not expected to race until Jerez, but with MM you never know. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him do a practice day in Doha but Bradl doing the race.

Dovi is testing the Aprillia in April at Jerez.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Mike Scott has said in this week’s MCN that Marquez is not expected to race until Jerez, but with MM you never know. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him do a practice day in Doha but Bradl doing the race.

Dovi is testing the Aprillia in April at Jerez.

Thanks Tim, didn't hear that about Dovi!

1 hour ago, dj350z said:

Thanks Tim, didn't hear that about Dovi!

Crash.net and bikesportnews.com are really good sites for getting the latest news.

• Like 1

Natalie Quirk joins the BT team as the pit lane reporter replacing Gavin Emmett who is taking over from the retired Keith Huewen in commentary.

She is leaving her role as anchor on for the Speedway GP’s.

Marquez is not riding this weekend.

Edited by Tim G
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tim G said:

Natalie Quirk joins the BT team as the pit lane reporter replacing Gavin Emmett who is taking over from the retired Keith Huewen in commentary.

She is leaving her role as anchor on for the Speedway GP’s.

Marquez is not riding this weekend.

Cheers for that info Tim. I did hear MM93 wasn't riding at Qatar.