Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

Sadly, the good news never came.

It has now been confirmed that Dupasquier has succumbed to the injuries suffered yesterday.

RIP Jason.

Such desperately sad news,  I'd only begun to notice him and his progress this season.  My thoughts are with his family and friends and his team, may you rest in peace Jason .

Edited by jrs

We all know there are dangers and risks with racing motorcycles but a racer paying the ultimate price never gets any easier especially in this case when the rider is only 19.

RIP Jason Dupasquier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Away  from the obvious sad news there was some  good WSBK racing this weekend, the sprint race especially . I hope Reading will be able to maintain a challenge on Rea , be nice to see a fight for the title 

On 5/30/2021 at 11:11 PM, DSC67 said:

Away  from the obvious sad news there was some  good WSBK racing this weekend, the sprint race especially . I hope Reading will be able to maintain a challenge on Rea , be nice to see a fight for the title 

The second Supersport race is definitely one to watch. Probably the best race I have seen in this class for a longtime.

5 minutes ago, Tim G said:

The second Supersport race is definitely one to watch. Probably the best race I have seen in this class for a longtime.

Yeah that was mentioned on the Full Throttle Podcast 

Apart from the tragic accident I enjoyed last weeks racing at Magellan, especially the Moto3 and Moto GP.

Moving on to Barcelona this weekend, 4-6 June. Valentino likes this track so let’s see if he can get that bike to move. Mind you he said he likes Jerez but didn’t improve much.  I don’t think it’s him that is the problem, it’s the bikes and engineers. I think the engineers are concentrating more on what the computer says and less on what the rider feedback is. I know Quartararo is doing very well, but he is the new young school.

Seen that Remus Gardner will be moving to KTM Tech3 in next years MotoGP. So who is moving out…..Olivera and Petrucci must be worried.

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Seen that Remus Gardner will be moving to KTM Tech3 in next years MotoGP. So who is moving out…..Olivera and Petrucci must be worried.

Thought Lecouna rode for Tech 3 and Oliveira had moved up to the full factory team.

No surprise to hear Gardner moving up though.

22 minutes ago, Haywood said:

Thought Lecouna rode for Tech 3 and Oliveira had moved up to the full factory team.

No surprise to hear Gardner moving up though.

Re Lecouna, your so right, my bad..

8 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I would expect both Petrucci and Lecouna to go and Raul Fernandez to line up alongside Gardner.

• Like 1

I think the KTM is too compact a bike for Petruci, so I think he stuck, unless Aprillia is a bigger bike.

52 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I think the KTM is too compact a bike for Petruci, so I think he stuck, unless Aprillia is a bigger bike.

Yeah, it's hard to see a future in MotoGP for Petrucci, which is a shame as I like him.

If he does lose his ride, hopefully a WSBK team will offer him something decent.

• Like 1

Just watched the 2nd pracrice for Barcelona GP, combined times from this morning and this afternoon, 3 Yamahas in the top 6, including Mobidelli as second fastest, then the 4th Yamaha in 19th place - one guess who the rider, and on his own admittance Barcelona is one of Rossis favourite tracks.  I cannot see the point of him carrying on, he has nothing to prove, I know he is dsperate to be 10 times world championship, but no chance this year. He hasnt won a GP for 3 seasons now, never mind wanting his 10th world championship. Its gone.

Its rumoured Joe Roberts is in talks with a MotoGP team, will that be Aprillia (who he said no to ltoward the end of last year) or could it be Petrona Yamaha.

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Just watched the 2nd pracrice for Barcelona GP, combined times from this morning and this afternoon, 3 Yamahas in the top 6, including Mobidelli as second fastest, then the 4th Yamaha in 19th place - one guess who the rider, and on his own admittance Barcelona is one of Rossis favourite tracks.  I cannot see the point of him carrying on, he has nothing to prove, I know he is dsperate to be 10 times world championship, but no chance this year. He hasnt won a GP for 3 seasons now, never mind wanting his 10th world championship. Its gone.

Its rumoured Joe Roberts is in talks with a MotoGP team, will that be Aprillia (who he said no to ltoward the end of last year) or could it be Petrona Yamaha.

I think Valentino has accepted that he isn't going to be World Champ again, he just really enjoys racing. A bit like Kimi Raikkonen in F1.

I didn't see if they did similar this year, but last year they asked a few riders who they thought the top 5 in the World Championship would be and Valentino didn't name himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

I think Valentino has accepted that he isn't going to be World Champ again, he just really enjoys racing. A bit like Kimi Raikkonen in F1.

I didn't see if they did similar this year, but last year they asked a few riders who they thought the top 5 in the World Championship would be and Valentino didn't name himself.

Did you see his face in his pit seat last week, he didn’t look like he was enjoying the situation, nor the look he had when being interviewed but BTSport.  Apart from that, he is not paid to merely enjoy himself, he is paid to win or at least be at the sharp end, sponsors don’t pay loads of money for “their man” to merely enjoy himself.

Look, I have been a fan of Rossi almost as long as he has been racing a world level, but even all those years of experience is not doing it for him.  He has a great future waiting for him, that of running a team, VR46, that is his future, not dragging around at the end of the bottom half of a race.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Did you see his face in his pit seat last week, he didn’t look like he was enjoying the situation, nor the look he had when being interviewed but BTSport.  Apart from that, he is not paid to merely enjoy himself, he is paid to win or at least be at the sharp end, sponsors don’t pay loads of money for “their man” to merely enjoy himself.

Look, I have been a fan of Rossi almost as long as he has been racing a world level, but even all those years of experience is not doing it for him.  He has a great future waiting for him, that of running a team, VR46, that is his future, not dragging around at the end of the bottom half of a race.

Yeah, fair point, maybe the comparison with Kimi wasn't completely accurate...Kimi is in a situation where he knows that his car is not competitive and he is enjoying racing without any pressure. Valentino has the machinery to be near the top, as proven by others on the same kit, so there is probably a level of disappointment that he isn't delivering on the potential of the bike.

But that doesn't change my view that he is there because he loves racing, rather than someone who is there with the hope/expectation of winning a World Title. That doesn't mean that he will be happy with a result below his own personal expectations, though.
And do you really think that the sponsors are with him because they think he can win a World Title again? They are there because he is still an absolute legend to millions around the World. It doesn't matter what he does on track right now, the association with his name is still worth a massive amount.

As you say, the future for him is his VR46 team, but I can't blame him for wanting to keep doing what he has done since he was a kid and racing for just a little bit longer, even if it's not at the very top level...On a speedway forum, the example of Jason Crump has to be a great one to compare to.

• Like 2