Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

Recommended Posts

When so many youngsters seem to be forming a queue to get a Moto GP ride it seems amazing what some current GP riders are doing.  For example, Vinhales came last in Sunday, and admits he dropped to last on purpose. After this years form that must be testing Yamaha’s patience.  Maybe Yamaha and Suzuki will do a swop, Vinhales back to Suzuki and Rins to Yamaha (Rins not riding like is expected of him).  Looks like Rossi’s VR46 team will be on Ducati bikes in 2022. His brother Luca Marino could be on one, and if Rossi decides not to retire the thought is he will takes the 2nd bike. That could be interesting, he had 2 bad years with Ducati and ran back to Yamaha, but the bike is vastly different today, and it may be a goer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some of these racersfind it so hard to stop and adjust to a "normal quiet life" but retirement has now got to be the right call for one of the greats

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to see Rossi on his knees at a track he loves so much, Asen. Bike spat him off, but he was in the bottom half of the field when it happened.                      
I not a Mark Marquez fan, but he sure has some courage. Coming back from serious injuries caused by high siding, and the bike still sends him into orbit.  Did it over the weekend again and it hurt him. So what does he do, get back on again and does the race. Seems he building his strength up for next year championship.               
Well done to Quartararo and Vinhales for a Yamaha one-two.  Of surprised if Vinhales leaves Yamaha at the end of the year, surprised though if he goes to Aprillia like the very strong rumour.

Moto3 exciting again, the only Brit, John McPhee finishing 6th. He really needs a Moto2 ride next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Sad to see Rossi on his knees at a track he loves so much, Asen. Bike spat him off, but he was in the bottom half of the field when it happened.                      
I not a Mark Marquez fan, but he sure has some courage. Coming back from serious injuries caused by high siding, and the bike still sends him into orbit.  Did it over the weekend again and it hurt him. So what does he do, get back on again and does the race. Seems he building his strength up for next year championship.               
Well done to Quartararo and Vinhales for a Yamaha one-two.  Of surprised if Vinhales leaves Yamaha at the end of the year, surprised though if he goes to Aprillia like the very strong rumour.

Moto3 exciting again, the only Brit, John McPhee finishing 6th. He really needs a Moto2 ride next year.

Yes fully agree with everything you say here OveFF! And just to add, I thought Sam Lowes was on for a definite podium but faded a bit at the end! Shame!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Sad to see Rossi on his knees at a track he loves so much, Asen. Bike spat him off, but he was in the bottom half of the field when it happened.                      
I not a Mark Marquez fan, but he sure has some courage. Coming back from serious injuries caused by high siding, and the bike still sends him into orbit.  Did it over the weekend again and it hurt him. So what does he do, get back on again and does the race. Seems he building his strength up for next year championship.               
Well done to Quartararo and Vinhales for a Yamaha one-two.  Of surprised if Vinhales leaves Yamaha at the end of the year, surprised though if he goes to Aprillia like the very strong rumour.

Moto3 exciting again, the only Brit, John McPhee finishing 6th. He really needs a Moto2 ride next year.

Vinales is leaving Yamaha at the end of the season and has been officially confirmed. Only seats available are at VR46 and Aprillia but both would be a gamble.

Has McPhee really done enough to secure promotion to Moto 2? I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in a Supersport championship next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Vinales is leaving Yamaha at the end of the season and has been officially confirmed. Only seats available are at VR46 and Aprillia but both would be a gamble.

Has McPhee really done enough to secure promotion to Moto 2? I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in a Supersport championship next year.

VR46 bikes are going to be Ducati, good bike but would not suit Vinhales, I think it will be Aprillia.             
Yes, I think McPhee is worthy of Moto2 ride. This year has been bad mostly not due to him, 2 meetings ago he was leading when he fell (his fault), last week in Germany he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, had to avoid fallen riders which messed up his race. Yesterday was steady but tyres gone by end of race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tim G said:

Vinales is leaving Yamaha at the end of the season and has been officially confirmed. Only seats available are at VR46 and Aprillia but both would be a gamble.

Has McPhee really done enough to secure promotion to Moto 2? I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in a Supersport championship next year.

McPhee was due to get a Moto2 bike this year but his team did the dirty on him, much like they did recently when they removed his crew chief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, screm said:

McPhee was due to get a Moto2 bike this year but his team did the dirty on him, much like they did recently when they removed his crew chief.

The problem is McPhee is nearly 27 and has only won a few races and has never challenged for the title. He is getting too old to move up as teams will be looking for younger riders with different passports.

Unfortunately, his current employer has let him down twice so they must not think he has the ability at his age to go further.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sad to read that fourteen year old Hugo Millan has died after an accident at Aragon today. He was riding in the European Talent Cup, one of the breeding grounds for Moto3 rookies. By the sound of it he was having a successful season. RIP Hugo, taken far too young. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jrs said:

Very sad to read that fourteen year old Hugo Millan has died after an accident at Aragon today. He was riding in the European Talent Cup, one of the breeding grounds for Moto3 rookies. By the sound of it he was having a successful season. RIP Hugo, taken far too young. 

Not been the best of weekends after Brad Jones's crash yesterday at Brands Hatch 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crutchlow replacing Morbidelli for Austrian and UK rounds. Will do well to get in the top 10 on that bike.

Dani Pedrosa also on a wildcard at the Austrian round.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be glad to see MotoGP back this coming weekend. What with Speedway GP Friday and Saturday as well it’s going to be a cracker.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Rossi going to retire, or is he going to ride one of the Ducati’s in his own VR46 team?   I reckon he will be riding next year.  Wonder if we will find out over the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Is Rossi going to retire, or is he going to ride one of the Ducati’s in his own VR46 team?   I reckon he will be riding next year.  Wonder if we will find out over the weekend.

I doubt it will be this weekend as a press conference is being arranged in Saudi Arabia at the palace about the team but has no confirmed date.

I agree with you that I think he will be riding so that means Bezzecchi off to Petronas is a possibility.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know any news about Vinhales, is he fixed up for next year or still in limbo???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy