British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

Cracin battle between Lorenzo & Marquez at the bullring today , huge entertainment 

• Like 2

Due to the weather the times and order have changed for today's races with the MotoGP starting at 11-30 now.

Best wishes to Tito Rabat on his recovery from multiple leg fractures after his accident during qualifying yesterday

• Like 1

Has Silverstone been cancelled for this year then. Interesting comment from Scott Redding "the organisers should tell the riders to shut their gobs and get on with it "

After Tito Rabat’s horrific injury from Saturday due to aqua planning it’s understandable the organisers and most riders wanted better conditions then the days weather gave them.  I was hoping it would be on Monday, a holiday, but I just heard on the news there was a lack of volunteer Marshall’s available. Shame really, because that meeting could well be the last British GP that Scott Redding and Bradley Smith race in, unless they get contract offers from other teams.

13 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

After Tito Rabat’s horrific injury from Saturday due to aqua planning it’s understandable the organisers and most riders wanted better conditions then the days weather gave them.  I was hoping it would be on Monday, a holiday, but I just heard on the news there was a lack of volunteer Marshall’s available. Shame really, because that meeting could well be the last British GP that Scott Redding and Bradley Smith race in, unless they get contract offers from other teams.

Had the Rabat accident not happened i`m guessing the organisers would have been more keen to get the riders out on track yesterday however it seems part of the problem was the track was completely relayed recently and the water didn't clear from the track as it should've done.

Moto 3 providing thrills and spills again today 

Cant get into your link as I am not on facebook, but I saw it briefly on TV.  I could well see Fenati having a ban put on him - that was nothing but highly dangerous and stupid - putting another riders life at risk at such a high speed is beyond belief.  If I was his team I would drop him like a stone.

Edited by OveFundinFan

45 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Cant get into your link as I am not on facebook, but I saw it briefly on TV.  I could well see Fenati having a ban put on him - that was nothing but highly dangerous and stupid - putting another riders life at risk at such a high speed is beyond belief.  If I was his team I would drop him like a stone.

He's picked up a two race ban for his actions 

395K views
Edited by DSC67

Surprised its not more. Crutchlow is very critical of what he did and he too would kick him out.

Was it Fenati who a couple years ago got chucked out of his team for some bad attitude?? Cant remember if it was him or someone else. If Fenati is an Italian it would make me more certain.

Just done some research and it was Fenati who got kicked out of VR46 (Rossis team) - see below

"Fenati, who was kicked out of the VR46 academy for behaviour issues, has previous incidents to his name. At the 2015 Argentina round, Fenati was given three penalty points for kicking Niklas Ajo and switching off his bike at the end of the warm-up session".

Edited by OveFundinFan

Further Romano Fenatis 2 race ban, his racing career is in tatters...……. his team sacked him on Monday morning.. Second time in 3 years he been sacked by a team. Cant see anyway back. Sponsors don't want that sort of publicity, and a team doesn't want someone who, next time, may kill a fellow rider.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/motogp-rider-romano-fenati-fired-from-marinelli-rivacold-snipers-team-after-pulling-on-rivals-brake/ar-BBN83VB

• Like 1

On 11 September 2018 at 3:46 PM, OveFundinFan said:

Further Romano Fenatis 2 race ban, his racing career is in tatters...……. his team sacked him on Monday morning.. Second time in 3 years he been sacked by a team. Cant see anyway back. Sponsors don't want that sort of publicity, and a team doesn't want someone who, next time, may kill a fellow rider.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/motogp-rider-romano-fenati-fired-from-marinelli-rivacold-snipers-team-after-pulling-on-rivals-brake/ar-BBN83VB

I agree with Crutchlow ,should have life ban,already been in trouble kicking another rider during a race a couple of years ago.

On 9/11/2018 at 3:46 PM, OveFundinFan said:

He's also had his contract for next season ripped up 

If anybody missed this mornings  motogp then its well worth catching one of the repeats.  Fantastic race that was more like a moto 3 race. Won't mention the result in case anyone's avoiding it until they catch up with the repeat. 

• Like 1

Some cracking  racing again at Philip island  and pleased to see Bautista doing a brilliant job in place of Lorenzo in a tussle with five others for much of the race, and I'll never understand how Zarco jumped back up on his feet after he became a 200mph human cannon ball. And at last after so long congratulations to Maverick on a long overdue victory for himself and Yamaha. Whether or not he would have beaten Marquez is debatable.  

• Like 1