British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

MM93 is on his way out to the COTA's to race at the weekend then. Hope he is fully fit!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dj350z said:

MM93 is on his way out to the COTA's to race at the weekend then. Hope he is fully fit!

Did you watch the Argentinian gp?  Really good 3 races. Glad Aprillia had much deserved win, long time developing but thy done it. Let’s see if Vinhales can match His team mare.

Shame that 16 year old in moto2 got “eliminated”, weird accident.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Did you watch the Argentinian gp?  Really good 3 races. Glad Aprillia had much deserved win, long time developing but thy done it. Let’s see if Vinhales can match His team mare.

Racing has been excellent in all three classes so far this season . Very impressed with Aldeguer in Moto2 , do believe he matured to the age of seventeen this week, but his form in Argentina was  remarkable for someone so young and sad to see him be taken out by Vietti. Beginning to think he could be this years hot property to follow Acosta. Unusual for him to be in a junior big bike class before coming to moto2 as well. We’ll have to see what Austin brings. I seriously think it’s time for Marquez to call it a day, he seems to be riding his luck at every GP these days. All the rookies in MotoGP seem to be having a tough time , though I thought  Fernandez would be further up than he has been so far.

Moto3 looks like being another good year with Garcia, Guevara , Foggia and Massia probably the principle  scrappers for the title.. Have my doubts that the two young Brits are going to make any sort of a breakthrough this year.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 9:17 PM, OveFundinFan said:

Yes I did Ove! Great racing and fantastic that Aprilia and Aleix finally got their win. Good point about Maverick, not sure he will match Aleix!!

I dint like to comment too soon after the race in case people are not watching it live and haven’t seen the race!

I think it is going to be another good years racing. Ducati Corse will sort out the bikes and the team will start winning again and you can’t rule out Fabio even though his M1 is slow compared to rest of the grid!

Edited by dj350z
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, jrs said:

Racing has been excellent in all three classes so far this season . Very impressed with Aldeguer in Moto2 , do believe he matured to the age of seventeen this week, but his form in Argentina was  remarkable for someone so young and sad to see him be taken out by Vietti. Beginning to think he could be this years hot property to follow Acosta. Unusual for him to be in a junior big bike class before coming to moto2 as well. We’ll have to see what Austin brings. I seriously think it’s time for Marquez to call it a day, he seems to be riding his luck at every GP these days. All the rookies in MotoGP seem to be having a tough time , though I thought  Fernandez would be further up than he has been so far.

Moto3 looks like being another good year with Garcia, Guevara , Foggia and Massia probably the principle  scrappers for the title.. Have my doubts that the two young Brits are going to make any sort of a breakthrough this year.

Agree with your post entirely jrs, especially your comments about MM93. I am sure he has been pushed back into the saddle too soon by HRC. I have a friend who was one of Pedrosa’s race engineers and he can tell you a few things about the team and MM!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dj350z said:

Agree with your post entirely jrs, especially your comments about MM93. I am sure he has been pushed back into the saddle too soon by HRC. I have a friend who was one of Pedrosa’s race engineers and he can tell you a few things about the team and MM!!

That's interesting  info dj350z. I always liked Pedrosa and his battles with Tony Elias. It was always clear that Elias thought Pedrosa was an inferior rider, but Pedrosa proved otherwise. Seem to remember Elias always said that Pedrosa beat him because he was so light and a titch. If you've got the skill it doesn't matter how small you are.  I also  missed out Chantra in Moto2,  incredible improvement from the lad to take a win and second from the last two races, seems like the old guard is changing in the top two classes.

• Like 2

Brilliant racing again yesterday, especially Mot3.

Good to see Jake Dixon get a deserved podium. Now he has achieved that goal I can see him doing greater things, go the monkey off his back, so the only way is up.

I not particularly keen on the Circuit there in Austin. Not my favourite by far.

just 3 weeks to speedway gp’s, great.

• Like 1

Just been watching Michael Laverty’s team VisionTrack Honda unloading the bikes at Autodromo International Algarve circuit. It’s really windy here, hope it doesn’t spoil the racing. Never known it to be so windy in the Algarve!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dj350z said:

Just been watching Michael Laverty’s team VisionTrack Honda unloading the bikes at Autodromo International Algarve circuit. It’s really windy here, hope it doesn’t spoil the racing. Never known it to be so windy in the Algarve!!

Enjoy, it’s always great to get to a foreign Moto GP race and that circuit is an absolute stunner.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dj350z said:

You lucky man, but then it's your home these days lol. Enjoy the weekend and we shall look forward to your trackside reports :)

Hopefully young Ogden is beginning to settle in the higher quality of racing, I expect he rode Algarve in the Talent Cup which should give him a bit more confidence for the circuit.

I get the feeling that both Moto2 and MotoGP are both wide open this season, though I think Moto3 is going to quickly become a tight race between Foggia, Guevara, Garcia and maybe Masia.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jrs said:

You lucky man, but then it's your home these days lol. Enjoy the weekend and we shall look forward to your trackside reports :)

Hopefully young Ogden is beginning to settle in the higher quality of racing, I expect he rode Algarve in the Talent Cup which should give him a bit more confidence for the circuit.

I get the feeling that both Moto2 and MotoGP are both wide open this season, though I think Moto3 is going to quickly become a tight race between Foggia, Guevara, Garcia and maybe Masia.

Thanks JRS and Tim, really looking forward to the races. Been here for WSBK but not MotoGP and it is sensational viewing trackside. Hoping for some Brit successes with Sam and Jake and also maybe young Scott! We are between turn 1 and 2 and will have Union flag so look about for us! Wife will no doubt be in her Rossi T shirt!

Looks like rain forecast for tomorrow but dry and sunny for Sat & Sun!

Dave

Edited by dj350z

On 4/21/2022 at 3:14 PM, dj350z said:

Thanks JRS and Tim, really looking forward to the races. Been here for WSBK but not MotoGP and it is sensational viewing trackside. Hoping for some Brit successes with Sam and Jake and also maybe young Scott! We are between turn 1 and 2 and will have Union flag so look about for us! Wife will no doubt be in her Rossi T shirt!

Looks like rain forecast for tomorrow but dry and sunny for Sat & Sun!

Dave

Just watching moto3  combined session in the wet, young Ogden doing well in P9 at the moment. Good luck to everybody tomorrow and will keep my eyes peeled for the flag.

Enjoy the weekend you lucky man.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 9:18 AM, jrs said:

Just watching moto3  combined session in the wet, young Ogden doing well in P9 at the moment. Good luck to everybody tomorrow and will keep my eyes peeled for the flag.

Enjoy the weekend you lucky man.

Didn’t have a great deal to wave the flag for jrs. Scott Ogden did very well but gutted for Sam and Jake. Really thought Jake would go on to win in the re-start! Was anything said about the amount of fallers between turns 2 and 3 in the moto 2 race? Couldn’t believe that many could crash in the same place without there being some sort of a problem with the track. 
Jack and Joan’s crash was right in front of us and Jack was totally upset and gutted that he had brought Mir down. Joan was initially very annoyed at Jack but after a few minutes they both embraced each other. Top guys!!

Edited by dj350z
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dj350z said:

Didn’t have a great deal to wave the flag for jrs. Scott Ogden did very well but gutted for Sam and Jake. Really thought Jake would go on to win in the re-start! Was anything said about the amount of fallers between turns 2 and 3 in the moto 2 race? Couldn’t believe that many could crash in the same place without there being some sort of a problem with the track. 
Jack and Joan’s crash was right in front of us and Jack was totally upset and gutted that he had brought Mir down. Joan was initially very annoyed at Jack but after a few minutes they both embraced each other. Top guys!!

That was Jake’s to win but he does keep making silly mistakes.

The track has a small dip where the crashes happens so I expect a small amount of water must have built up in that area.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dj350z said:

I thought Ogden did very well over the last couple of races and is now more or less on the pace of the front running pack. Once he gets used to that pace and the mayhem in the group he should start getting some better results, hopefully. And we're off again today at Jerez,  should be a good weekend with speedwayGp as well. 

This year I've become more interested in moto2 as the racing has been closer and competitive,  but it was incredible when they all went down like nine pins one after the other on Sunday. Believe the general opinion was another damp patch had appeared that caught them out. Thought it was very unfair that a lot of the guys weren't allowed to take part in the restart although they appeared to be ready to go. Jake really had a good chance of victory, but I often feel that he lacks concentration at times.

Overall another good weekends racing,  you could always dash over the border to wave the flag in Jerez on Sunday lol.

• Like 1