British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

So, Jack Miller to KTM Factory Racing. I hope it works out well for him - I like Jack!

• Like 1

Just watched the European moto2 and moto3 from Barcelona today. Some standout performances in 2 and 3 , maybe Casey and Jack's Aussie  successor is working his way towards motogp. Outstanding in both races today in moto2 was sixteen year old aussie rookie Senna Agius winning from behind on the last lap in the first race,  and  in the second wining by twelve seconds after passing the far more experienced Tulovic on lap five.  Very impressive, quick and cool and didn't put a foot wrong in only his fifth and sixth races in the class aged 16.

In moto 3 two good wins for the impressive young Rueda, and Filippo Farioli really caught the eye with his racing out of the chasing back for two third place finishes. Both seem certain to go full moto3 next season.

• Like 1

Just noticed the GP is on itv4 tomorrow between 9.30 - 12.30 but just seems to be Moto 3 and Moto 2

5 hours ago, bruno said:

Just noticed the GP is on itv4 tomorrow between 9.30 - 12.30 but just seems to be Moto 3 and Moto 2

The Moto Gp is on   ITV 1 from 12:30 pm 

2 hours ago, DSC67 said:

The Moto Gp is on   ITV 1 from 12:30 pm 

Thanks for that

• Like 1

Good to see Sam Lowes getting back on the podium. Bad luck for John McPhee and Scott Ogden.

I see that Toprak Razgatlioglu has been testing the Yamaha M1 MotoGP bike at Aragon. Would be interesting to see how his times compare to the other Yamaha riders. Cal was there too!

• Like 2

Suzuki really put he cat among the pigeons by withdrawing from MotoGP at the end of the year. Two less bikes on the grid next year, and problems current riders getting a bike.            
And who really wants to ride a Honda, except for the big money, the way the bike is at the moment. In Germany, only one bike out of four finished, and that was the test rider, Bradl, who was circulating at speeds between Moto2 and Moto3 pace….not good.          
I feel sorry for Raul Fernandez who wanted to stay another year in Mot2 but KTM forced him up, for Remy Gardner and Darren Binder who have improved, but their rides must be in danger. Plus there are talks of Vietti plus another current moto2 rider possibly moving up to MotoGP.        
Quatararo showing again what a class rider he is. For sure, the Ducati is possibly a faster bike, but they can’t get one rider to take the most points.        
I feel sorry for John McPhee. Missed a chunk of the season, playing catch up with fitness and bike set up, then gets knocked off. Just glad he got back on again, got some track and bike set up experience to move forward with.

• Like 1

It’s looking like both Suzuki riders could be on Honda’s next year.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 2:20 AM, Tim G said:

It’s looking like both Suzuki riders could be on Honda’s next year.

Oh dear!  Apart from money, not a place I would like to be……. Unless they convinced me they would work on developing a machine to suit me.

My choice would be Aprillia, even their second team. It’s the machine on the move, and if Aleix happened to win this years world championship he could well retire at he end of next year. If he was Wchamp he could renegotiate a better contract for next year, pocket the money then go.at end of 2023.

KTM seem to me to above too many chiefs, too many cooks spoil the broth, may that is what is wrong there, they are stagnant on machine development it seems.

• Like 1

Dutch TT, Assen, what a wonderful track.              
moto3 race crazier than normal. Love watching those younger ones, they are amazing. John McPhee suffered badly on the last lap, no fault of his again, wrong place, wrong time.            
Moto2, I just can’t get the enthusiasm for this clas, two Brits on the front row and I didn’t feel much. Perhaps I conscious that Jake Dixon tends to blow his chances, but he did well to get a podium 3rd.          
How exciting was MotoGP. Quatararo rarely makes a mistake but he took himself out and nearly Aleix. But what a ride Aleix had, from about 16th up to 6th by the last 3 corners and coming out of them and past the line in4th place, amazing.      
Could be a close championship finish this year.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Oh dear!  Apart from money, not a place I would like to be……. Unless they convinced me they would work on developing a machine to suit me.

My choice would be Aprillia, even their second team. It’s the machine on the move, and if Aleix happened to win this years world championship he could well retire at he end of next year. If he was Wchamp he could renegotiate a better contract for next year, pocket the money then go.at end of 2023.

KTM seem to me to above too many chiefs, too many cooks spoil the broth, may that is what is wrong there, they are stagnant on machine development it seems.

Rins has said he wants a 2023 bike next season and his only option for that is the Honda ride. The second Aprillia team will be using 2022 bikes.

Will be interesting who Aprillia choose for the team as I would be surprised if Dovi or Binder got the ride.

• Like 2

Dovi to retire after Misano and Cal to replace him. 
Can Fabio get a podium this weekend as he has a long lap penalty?

• Like 2

long lap a very harsh call on fabio,me thinks the organisers trying to tighten up the competition,hoping for big end of season tight finish!!

As in all sports penalties and sanctions for violations should be consistent, but with humans making the judgement calls, it’s difficult to be completely objective.

What will Yamahas decision be on which lap to take the long lap, it’s a tough call to make at the start of a race with only three laps available. Just wondering where on the circuit the loop is ?

Fingers crossed it’s a good dry weekend , with some tight races. Should be-a good opportunity for young Ogden to make his mark on his home circuit..

Hope those that have been carrying injuries are now fully fit after the summer break. I’m looking forward to this weekend , wish I could be there..   :)

Edited by jrs