British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

9 hours ago, jrs said:

As in all sports penalties and sanctions for violations should be consistent, but with humans making the judgement calls, it’s difficult to be completely objective.

What will Yamahas decision be on which lap to take the long lap, it’s a tough call to make at the start of a race with only three laps available. Just wondering where on the circuit the loop is ?

Fingers crossed it’s a good dry weekend , with some tight races. Should be-a good opportunity for young Ogden to make his mark on his home circuit..

Hope those that have been carrying injuries are now fully fit after the summer break. I’m looking forward to this weekend , wish I could be there..   :)

Long lap loop was at Woodcote for the BSB so I presume they will also use that for the Moto GP.

Fabio was only losing just over a second in practice today using the loop.

Bad news for Sam Lowes who”s out of the GP after a crash today.

Edited by Tim G
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic racing in all three categories today, especially the Moto3.

The long lap loop is not a good one, it’s on the wrong bend as the exit puts the rider back on the track amongst the other riders. Plus, consistency is needed, and 1.5 sec penalty is way below what other tracks are., and Silverstone is a longer track then most so the time lost should be greater. Maybe 4 secs at Silverstone. Just my thoughts.

• Like 3

Just read on  crashnet that Gino Rea had a very serious crash at Suzuka in the eight hour last weekend. He apparently showed some good signs this morning and it sounds like he has been put in an induced coma for a bit longer.

Good luck Gino for a full recovery

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jrs said:

Just read on  crashnet that Gino Rea had a very serious crash at Suzuka in the eight hour last weekend. He apparently showed some good signs this morning and it sounds like he has been put in an induced coma for a bit longer.

Good luck Gino for a full recovery

He hit the same wall that killed Daijiro Kato in the Moto Gp race in 2003.

• Sad 1

Just now, Tim G said:

He hit the same wall that killed Daijiro Kato in the Moto Gp race in 2003.

Yeah , Suzuka always brings back memories of Kato's crash. That was a very sad weekend. Just hope Gino is going to be OK.

• Sad 1

Very sad news about Chrissy Rouse, listened to his podcast occasionally  he did with Dom Herbertson,  he came across as a really good bloke.

Edited by Tim G
  • Sad 2

Very sad and shocking news , RIP Chrissy

• Like 2

And the great Phil Read has passed away now! Always remember the sound of Phil thundering around Mallory Park on the MV! RIP Phil.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, dj350z said:

And the great Phil Read has passed away now! Always remember the sound of Phil thundering around Mallory Park on the MV! RIP Phil.

RIP Phil Read, truly another great has left us.  He must have been chuffed to see the improvements in track and bike safety these days.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dj350z said:

Something I somehow never thought I would read. He seemed almost immortal. 8 World Championships and 8 TT wins puts him up with the best of them.

The former European Trials Champion Don Smith once said you can always tell if a rider is a true enthusiast because they carry on when they are past their best . Phil Read rode his last Manx GP at the age of I think 59, forty years after he started racing, and  just before his licence would automatically be suspended on the grounds of age. Often outspoken and difficult to deal with but by any measure a true enthusiast, and I respect him for it .

Edited by E I Addio
  • Thanks 1

And sadly WSBK SuperSport300 rider Victor Steeman is in a critical condition in Faro with polytrauma and serious head injuries after crashing in yesterdays first race just as he took the lead. Keep fighting Victor. 

• Sad 1

Young Victor Steeman has sadly lost the fight for his life and passed away today. Just when his career was on the verge of taking off and he was lying second in the World Supersport 300championship, and had just taken the lead in Saturdays race when the accident happened.. a devastating  day for his family and friends, and as his parents said in passing he was able to help save five other people by donating his organs. 
RIP Victor #72 will be remembered

• Sad 1

A sad time for tarmac racers just recently. One died at Scarborough Oliver’s Mount recently. I have driven a car round part of that circuit and it’s far too narrow for bikes.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

A sad time for tarmac racers just recently. One died at Scarborough Oliver’s Mount recently. I have driven a car round part of that circuit and it’s far too narrow for bikes.

It’s proper road racing so it will always be narrower. They have banned 1000cc bikes at the circuit since the spectator injuries in 2018 I think.

Been twice to the Gold Cup and it was unbelievable watching Dean Harrison, Guy Martin, Michael Dunlop and others race a Superbike around the track.

• Like 1