British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

All three races provided some great action, definitely worth watching 

Yamaha ended their drought of wins, last win was Assen 2017 when Rossi won, think its 17months.

Good to see Ducati now has a rideable bike, Bautista did very well. I reckon Ducati gave hime the ride today for Alvaros dedication to the Ducati bike over the years. He did remarkably well today and hope he gets another crack in Sepang.

Suzuki just need a bit more horsepower to race with the 3 other top teams on a regular basis. Pity Iannone is leaving - what are Suzuki getting rid of him for?? I seem to have missed that

On 10/28/2018 at 12:53 PM, OveFundinFan said:

Yamaha ended their drought of wins, last win was Assen 2017 when Rossi won, think its 17months.

Good to see Ducati now has a rideable bike, Bautista did very well. I reckon Ducati gave hime the ride today for Alvaros dedication to the Ducati bike over the years. He did remarkably well today and hope he gets another crack in Sepang.

Suzuki just need a bit more horsepower to race with the 3 other top teams on a regular basis. Pity Iannone is leaving - what are Suzuki getting rid of him for?? I seem to have missed that

Iannone has, unfortunately, got a bit big for his boots. Treating his team with contempt. Suzuki management have basically get fed up with his arrogance and temper tantrums (allegedly)

In case anyone missed today's announcement the start time of tomorrows Malaysian Motogp has been brought forward to 0500 GMT instead of the original 0700 start, due to the adverse weather forecast. 

• Like 1

Amazing debut for fifteen year old  wild card Turkish lad Can Oncu in the final moto3 gp of the season. Not only goes and wins it by the proverbial mile leaving the rest of them trailing, but on a wet track as well. And a  very scary moment on the last lap. 

It'll be interesting to see how he goes next season.

We're almost there,  just four more days to go until the first motogp of the season on Sunday. 

It makes you feel that the world is coming back to life after hibernation. 

Lets hope we have three good races,  though I'm not a great fan of racing under the lights. 

Really looking forward to it,can only see another championship win for Marquez tho

Just been watching the preview of the season.

Its reckoned John McPhee has a good chance for Moto3, Sam Lowe for the Moto2, and Ducati having a good chance for the "big one" with Dovitzioso (backed by Petrucci) as Marquez has had little testing and Lorenzo even less (due to an operation from last year injury). Even Lorenzo says he will take 3 or 4 rides to get into the Honda. Ducati was good at the end of last year and they made improvements during the winter, whilst Honda are playing catch up.

Marquez though is something special and could do it (even though I dont support him). I hope Yamaha have sorted their 2018 disappointments out and Rossi can have a go for that 10th title.

I seriously can't see McPhee taking Moto3, though I hope he proves me wrong, it will be interesting to see if the young Turk  Can Oncu can repeat his form from the end of last season.

It's incredible to think that I've seen the vast majority of Rossi's races over the last twenty five years from when he was just fifteen, and he's still there and I'm an old codger now, and what a performance it would be if he could pull off a few wins this year at forty.

The reason John McPhee is rated as potential moto3 champion by suzi Perry, Neil Hodgson, and one of the Laverty brothers is that he is a Moto 3 winner, got 2 podiums last year including 3rd in Valencia, the last round. And that he has changed teams. He will be back on a Honda engined machine which he favours (KTM in 2018) plus he will be sponsored by Petronas/Sepang International Circuit, so big sponsors hungry for Malaysian success. Hope he does well.

10 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

The reason John McPhee is rated as potential moto3 champion by suzi Perry, Neil Hodgson, and one of the Laverty brothers is that he is a Moto 3 winner, got 2 podiums last year including 3rd in Valencia, the last round. And that he has changed teams. He will be back on a Honda engined machine which he favours (KTM in 2018) plus he will be sponsored by Petronas/Sepang International Circuit, so big sponsors hungry for Malaysian success. Hope he does well.

I know he has a couple of podiums to his name, but unless they come up with a magic bike for him he'll be lucky to be in the top ten at the end of the year. Obviously Suzi and co are going to build him up to get more viewers for Moto3 as so many miss out on Moto2 and 3 and just watch the MotoGP.

He's done well but he really has stood still over the several years that he has been in moto3and I think he lacks the aggressive edge that the young guns in moto3 have. With luck I'm wrong and he'll be world champ at the end of the season    :cheers:  Just my opinion of course.

I have same hopes as you, be nice to see a British world champ, been too long without. Crutchlow not going to do it, he may win an odd GP but not consistent enough, even on a works Honda. Maybe Sam Lowe can, he seems happier this year then for a few in recent past. We shall see.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I have same hopes as you, be nice to see a British world champ, been too long without. Crutchlow not going to do it, he may win an odd GP but not consistent enough, even on a works Honda. Maybe Sam Lowe can, he seems happier this year then for a few in recent past. We shall see.

Roll on tomorrow, I've just remembered to log on to BT TV for the qualifying.

Qualifying Moto1 McPhee 5th, Moto2  Sam Lowe 6th,  MotoGP  Crutchlow 6th.   Of those I think Sam has best chance of a win, but I dont rule out McPhee for a podium, he done a lot of laps at race pace, which is different to qualifying pace.. 

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Qualifying Moto1 McPhee 5th, Moto2  Sam Lowe 6th,  MotoGP  Crutchlow 6th.   Of those I think Sam has best chance of a win, but I dont rule out McPhee for a podium, he done a lot of laps at race pace, which is different to qualifying pace.. 

Absolutely anything can happen in Moto 3 , which is what I love about it 

• Like 1