British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

Great start to the season 

A phenomenal days racing in all three classes and for the MotoGP guys to have the first five covered by 0.6 seconds at the finish says it all. Incredible day for Rossi, the man that most people had written off starting from 15th on the grid and so good to see the two Suzuki lads amongst it all. It was very tough luck for Quatararo to end up starting from the pit lane, but he still put in some very fast laps and it will come good for him for sure.

If you missed it enjoy the replays. Roll on Argentina -  !!

• Like 2

Brilliant days racing. Moto3 didn’t really throw up anything different to last years racing, not surprising as I don’t think much changed technically in that class.

Moto2, those Triumph engines seemed to have set the class alight. Where was Remain Gardner las year? Now he is mixing it. Tom Luti probably gained experience last year of how to handle more power in a dismal year in MotoGP, but probably proved beneficial on this years Triump engined Moto2 bike.

and how close was MotoGP. All through practice and qualifying the times of the top 10 or even top 14 were so close. And what a thriller of a race. Who would have thought newcomers to the field could be so competitive..... Joan Mir and Fabio Quatararo were so fast and steady, shame Fabio fluffed the start, stalled and had to start from pit lane. He put in some of the fastest laps though, and probably only his tyres going off stopped him picking up points. He and Joan have a fabulous career ahead of them. Rossi is amazing, beaten up by his team mate virtually all weekend, then come the race pulls a rabbit out of the hat and nearly got a podium.

Poor Lorenzo, took him 18 months of a 2 year Ducati Contact to master the bike, then he has to do the same on a Honda. If it takes  as long that will be 4 years of his racing career with no serious world championship challenge. 

Roll on Argentina indeed.

• Like 1

T.V ... EYEBALLS ... GLUED .

Easy win today for Marquez and nice to see Rossi second

Moto3 was the best race in Argentina, then Moto2.  Moto GP was a disappointment, Marquez cleared off, then Dovi and Rossi decided they would have to settle for 2nd/3rd, it was obvious the last part of the last lap would determine it, and in the end Rossi made the move and Dovi didn’t have much of a response.

6 hours ago, Oafski said:

Crutchlow was robbed, no way was that a jump start. 

I only saw a reply showing the front view and that was at a distance. It didnt show clearly he moved, but it would have been true, these things are recorded and no doubt scrutinized a few times to help a decision, and from a side show as well.

Having said that it was about a 28 sec penalty - thats more then enough to stop hem (or someone else) doing it at the next GP. If the punishment was to light there would be no deterrent. Maybe a penalty of 2 long laps would be enough - that would have been about 8 seconds.  (long lap introduced this year, on a one corner there is a narrower track on the outside of a corner, this is used for offences during a race - like going off the black stuff too many times).

I dont know wther Brad Binder in Moto 2 got penalised but he was boring his way through anyone that got in his way - bit like Marquez last year and he got penalised.

Speedway has gone down the moto gp route by having qualifiers I was just thinking would moto gp be better off scrapping qualifiers and having a draw for grid places. Would make it more exciting with Marquez at the back. Never going to happen obviously 

It should be a fascinating race today with new boy Quartraro and nearly new boy Morbidelli first and second on the grid. It seems the difference between works bikes and satellite bikes has shrunk, especially in Yamahas case. 

I hope their early season form will continue and they provide a real challenge to the old guard. Really looking forward to this one today. 

John McPhee on pole for tomorrow's Moto3 Gp 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DSC67 said:

John McPhee on pole for tomorrow's Moto3 Gp 

He did very well, and got pole by some time difference over the next man.

I do hop John carries it through tomorrow and gets a win. Hes been in Moto3 a few years now, shows lots of potential but its not turned into many podiums. He has to do something this year, especially on a big sponsored bike, or I can see him disappearing from the GP circus.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

He did very well, and got pole by some time difference over the next man.

I do hop John carries it through tomorrow and gets a win. Hes been in Moto3 a few years now, shows lots of potential but its not turned into many podiums. He has to do something this year, especially on a big sponsored bike, or I can see him disappearing from the GP circus.

Great win for John ,  fantastic race 

• Like 1

He did really well, a bit worried when he was down at 6th,  it he came thro nice and steady to take the win.

8 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Great win for John ,  fantastic race 

Great win indeed, hopefully this win will set him up for better results for the rest of the season.