British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

At this rate Marc could be breaking all the Moro GP records,might end up as greatest ever. 

I don't see any real challengers out there 

• Like 1

Strange no one but Marquez can ride that Honda. Ok, Crutchlow did well today to finish 5th, but he’s been struggling, Nakagami not really higher then say 12th, and Lorenzo just can’t get on with it. Don’t know what Lorenzo will be doing next year, I suspect he will sit at home for a season. Bad move going to Honda, especially after a disastrous 2 years at Ducati )I know he ended up winning races at Ducati, but that was after he put his notice in).

Yamaha second team, Petronas is doing better then the first team with Rossi and Vinhales. Quatararo and Morbidelli are very mush the future of Moto GP, include Jack Miller if he can get a full works ride somewhere. I hope Johan Zarco gets back into the MotoGP paddock on a decent bike...... he should have stuck it out with KTM and developed the bike...... now he’s just a development rider which gives him less rides for less money then at KTM.  Dovi is over the hill now, Petrucci is missing something ever since he got his seat at Ducati for next year. By 2021 I hope Rossi’s half brother, Luca Marini, is in the top flight, be nice if Rossi’s VR46 team can get into the MotoGP paddock with competitive bikes - maybe another Yamaha team.

Edited by OveFundinFan

18 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Strange no one but Marquez can ride that Honda. Ok, Crutchlow did well today to finish 5th, but he’s been struggling, Nakagami not really higher then say 12th, and Lorenzo just can’t get on with it. Don’t know what Lorenzo will be doing next year, I suspect he will sit at home for a season. Bad move going to Honda, especially after a disastrous 2 years at Ducati )I know he ended up winning races at Ducati, but that was after he put his notice in).

Yamaha second team, Petronas is doing better then the first team with Rossi and Vinhales. Quatararo and Morbidelli are very mush the future of Moto GP, include Jack Miller if he can get a full works ride somewhere. I hope Johan Zarco gets back into the MotoGP paddock on a decent bike...... he should have stuck it out with KTM and developed the bike...... now he’s just a development rider which gives him less rides for less money then at KTM.  Dovi is over the hill now, Petrucci is missing something ever since he got his seat at Ducati for next year. By 2021 I hope Rossi’s half brother, Luca Marini, is in the top flight, be nice if Rossi’s VR46 team can get into the MotoGP paddock with competitive bikes - maybe another Yamaha team.

Lorenzo must be Major disappointment for Honda,it’s a bit changing of the guard in Moto GP ,youngsters are coming through and if any of them get a Honda  ride they MIGHT challenge Marquez it’s big IFF though.Marquez is  stillthe man to beat in the next few years IMO.The other Manufactures are getting closer to Honda.

The save by Marc's brother was amazing, seems that it must run in the family 

Just now, DSC67 said:

He might be Marc challenger in the next few years.Honda will look after him no doubt.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Critically, by leaving KTM, Zarco made himself available to do the last 3 rounds on a Honda for LCR. If he can do something useful it puts him in a good position if Lorenzo and Honda do part company.

7 hours ago, HenryW said:

Critically, by leaving KTM, Zarco made himself available to do the last 3 rounds on a Honda for LCR. If he can do something useful it puts him in a good position if Lorenzo and Honda do part company.

But Zarco is replacing Nakagami for the 3 races, and Nakagami rides a 2018 Honda which has a different chassis and engine to Lorenzo/Critchlow/Marquez 2019 bikes, which only Marquez can master. So even if Zarco does well enough in 3 races doesn’t necessarily mean he can handle anything Honda develops for 2020. If Marquez wasn’t around Honda would be in a right pickle, jut like Ducati would have been without Stoner.

7 hours ago, DSC67 said:

What a brilliant save! Only problem I saw is, whilst he did a shoulder check before he moved over to the right of the track, he forgot to do a hand signal. Very remis of him. :D.    All weekend that bike was twitchy at the rear end, how he kept his confidence to keep riding it at the pace he did.

Jake Dixon has done really well to get off that KTM chassis next year and get a place in the new Mot2 Petronus team, good move.

It will never happen but would like to see Rossi on the Honda.Feel He should have retired gracefully.Still if he enjoys himself who I am to talk.

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It will never happen but would like to see Rossi on the Honda.Feel He should have retired gracefully.Still if he enjoys himself who I am to talk.

I presume you remember Rossi rode for Honda in the big class and won world championships. That was before his Yamaha days.  He fell out with Honda big time, I believe. They were saying Rossi only won because he was on a Honda.... that’s what I heard.  On that basis I don’t think he would go back any time soon.  He still riding because he wants that 10th world championship.

He rode big class on Honda for 4 years, 2000-2003, came 2nd in 2000, and was world champ in 2001-2003, then the bust up and just to prove the point to Honda that it wasn’t just the bike he rode for Yamaha from 2004 and in the next seven years was world champ 4 times, second once, and third twice. 
so world champ 125cc once, 250cc once, and the big class 7 times.

• Like 1

I did know his Honda history.Still the Main Man for me,can’t see him winning a10th Title ,though would be happy to be proved wrong.Even He couldn’t ride the Ducati like Stoner did.

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I did know his Honda history.Still the Main Man for me,can’t see him winning a10th Title ,though would be happy to be proved wrong.Even He couldn’t ride the Ducati like Stoner did.

The Ducati was a big clumsy dog of a bike , Rossi struggled big time on it , I always felt it was a big mistake of his leaving to go Ducati 

• Like 1

With his time at Ducati, there appeared to be a guy in charge, cant remember his name, but think he was in a wheelchair. Rossi wanted changes and he couldnt get them. Still, he honoured his contract and did the 2 years (sounds like a sentence - probably felt like it).

That guy is no longer around, hence when Lorenzo went to Ducati they would work along with him. Eventually, 18 months into the contract Lorenzo-Ducati got it right. The final bit of the "puzzle" was some extra padding on the tank, gave Lorenzo some relief on the straights. It worked, but too late, Lorenzo was signed up for Honda, hence the mess he is in now. £ years racing career wasted, potentially sitting out next year. What a mess.  I wonder if at the end of 2020 Rossi will retire and Lorneo take his place at Yamaha.....but there again, these youngsters like Quartararo and Morbidelli are hungry for fast works bikes. Has Lorenzo snookered himself. Maybe its Dovi at Ducati that retires and Lorenzo goes there.

Well done to Scott Redding in BSB different class!!
Seth Crump doing the business in Aussie super sport.

What a save by Dominic Aegerter in Moto 2 qualifying, the Marquez boys would have been proud of that one.