Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

Massive highside for Marquez in Qualifying, lucky to walk away 

He got what he deserved in that highside. Dont know his injuries, but he will be very sore for tomorrow's race. His own fault. He tried his hardest to intimidate Quartararo, the 20 year old kept his cool.

Thing is, his highside was due to cooling tyres due to playing around with Quartararo. Could easily have been the two of them with nasty injuries. The commentators reckon Race Direction will be having a word with him - presumably to get sensible before a bad accident does happen.

Yamaha 1-2-3 for qualifying with Rossi 6th. I do think its time for Rossi to hang up his boots. Vinhales, Quartararo, Morbidelli are the future, and Yamaha should grab Johann Zarco before Honda do.

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

He got what he deserved in that highside. Dont know his injuries, but he will be very sore for tomorrow's race. His own fault. He tried his hardest to intimidate Quartararo, the 20 year old kept his cool.

Thing is, his highside was due to cooling tyres due to playing around with Quartararo. Could easily have been the two of them with nasty injuries. The commentators reckon Race Direction will be having a word with him - presumably to get sensible before a bad accident does happen.

Yamaha 1-2-3 for qualifying with Rossi 6th. I do think its time for Rossi to hang up his boots. Vinhales, Quartararo, Morbidelli are the future, and Yamaha should grab Johann Zarco before Honda do.

Personally I felt this has been coming for a while now with some of the shenanigans thars been going on in qualifying 

• Like 1

So, the news is finally official and Jorge Lorenzo has announced his retirement from the sport.

There is no doubt that he is one of the very best to race in the MotoGP era, having won titles ahead of Rossi, Stoner and Marquez, and is still the only man to take a title from Marquez in this class.

I've never been his biggest fan but hoped we would eventually see his return to form. However, he knows best about his physical and mental condition after a very tough year this year with injuries. 

I can only wish him well in whatever he chooses to do next.

The next interesting question is who gets that ride next to Marc on the Repsol Honda? Could they take the gamble on Marquez jnr, another Moto2 rider or will they go for an established MotoGP rider?

There are probably a few in the paddock gutted that they have already signed deals with lesser manufacturers!

Sorry to hear he retired, I though he may have took a year out in 2020 to recover from his injuries. It would have been best had he not returned this year at the British GP, he still carrying that back injury to vertebral.  Of course, he could change his mind for 2021, but with so many youngsters after MOto GP rides I think he may find it difficult.

As for his replacement, I think Johan Zarco has done enough in his 2 rides and one more Gp this year to come to prove he is good enough. It was a travesty he lost his Yamaha ride this year and got stuck with KTM, though I think he should have stuck it out and developed that KTM, its got to come good soon. Having said that, if he stayed with KTM he may not have got the ride on the Honda for these last 3 races.

Was watching the end of season testing this afternoon from Valencia.

Yamaha were trying some new parts on 2019 machines. Interesting to see Quartararo top, followed by Vinhales then Morbidelli..... that’s Yamaha 1, 2, 3 and then Rossi 9th.  I can’t understand why Rossi is not up there with the other three, this seems to be how it’s been in the last few meetings.

On 11/19/2019 at 2:57 PM, Fromafar said:

Alex Marquez replacing Lorenzo ,interesting!!!

Can’t see him challenging much more than mid field. I think Crutchlow or Zarco would have been pushing for a top 6 place every time.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 3:13 PM, woofers said:

Can’t see him challenging much more than mid field. I think Crutchlow or Zarco would have been pushing for a top 6 place every time.

Crutchlow probably retire end of 2020. He having it tough on the Honda, after Marq he probably best of the rest of Honda riders though.

I have a lot of respect for Zarco and surprised he didn't get a Honda HRC ride next year.

Meanwhile, would like to be here to see the action                   

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/formula1/me-and-lewis-hamilton-will-have-some-fun-motogp-legend-valentino-rossi-ready-for-ride-swap-as-f1-champion-predicts-surreal-switch/ar-BBXU91S?ocid=spartandhp

So, should Vale retire now? Has he ridden on for too long or will Yamaha be able to give him a machine that he can at least get back onto the podium with?

He won’t retire now, if he was going to do so I think he would have gone at the end of last season and let everyone know. As for machine, Yamaha have some work to do, it’s top speed they lack, it goes round corners very well.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 6:08 PM, OveFundinFan said:

Was watching the end of season testing this afternoon from Valencia.

Yamaha were trying some new parts on 2019 machines. Interesting to see Quartararo top, followed by Vinhales then Morbidelli..... that’s Yamaha 1, 2, 3 and then Rossi 9th.  I can’t understand why Rossi is not up there with the other three, this seems to be how it’s been in the last few meetings.

The downfall of many of the   "greats" is not loss of nerve but concetration or the lack of IMO  I have seen it so many times they just seem to lose it all of a sudden , this i think is the case with Vale he is as brave as ever.

I will watch with great interest how Mr Hancock manages upon his return although a s/way race is only 60 odd seconds but still requires huge amount of  concentration for it's duration .

Edited by FAST GATER

Sad to see that next weekend's motogp in Qatar has been wrecked by travel restrictions. Only moto2 and 3 will race as they are already in Qatar after testing. Still that will at least give us something to look forward to as so often especially moto 3 provides some of the best entertainment. 

It makes you wonder just how much sport is going to be lost this year to the virus. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of sport, but not only sport, will be affected by the corona virus, and probably rightly so. Everything could turn very messy.

other then that, the world superbikes over the weekend from Aussie. Absolutely fantastic racing over their 3 races on Saturday and Sunday. I watched world superbikes over the years but much ppreferred Moto go. But if the year continues as Phillip Islamd.... WOW it will be an amazing. Three races, three different winners, first race, top 4 covered by less then 1 second. Second short race, think it was top seven with less then just over a second. Third race just spread out a bit over last 3 laps but still top three covered by not much more then a second.            
Most consistent was Scott Reading making his debut on a Ducati, three 3rd places. Alex Lowe got a win on Kawasaki, as did Jonathan Rae on Kwacker, and the young Turkish rider on a Yamaha. Some very close racing in all three races.             
I think Moto Gp has a to to learn on how World Superbikes is entertaining it’s fans. 3 races in one weekend, for many years I thought Moto go should have at least two races, perhaps a few laps shorter then now, and more restrictions on spending on development so weaker monetary teams have a chance. F1 needs to take a look outside their world as well, they get the fans because of the glamour that’s racked up, but racing is “flat”. 

• Like 1

And now the next MotoGP race in Thailand has been postponed. As many of the teams are based in Italy I expect that further disruption is going to happen further down the season's schedule.

• Sad 1