British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

On 1/23/2020 at 12:52 PM, dj350z said:

So, should Vale retire now? Has he ridden on for too long or will Yamaha be able to give him a machine that he can at least get back onto the podium with?

I read a few weeks ago..... Rossi has agreed with Yamaha that he will let them know by half way through this coming season whether he will retire at end of 2020. If he doing poorly he willl go end of year. However, if he doing well, for 2021 he will go to the Petronas team with full blown Yamaha first team bike and full works backup. This will allow Fabio Quatararo move up to full Yamaha team 2021, I understand he will have a full factory bike 2020.

13 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I read a few weeks ago..... Rossi has agreed with Yamaha that he will let them know by half way through this coming season whether he will retire at end of 2020. If he doing poorly he willl go end of year. However, if he doing well, for 2021 he will go to the Petronas team with full blown Yamaha first team bike and full works backup. This will allow Fabio Quatararo move up to full Yamaha team 2021, I understand he will have a full factory bike 2020.

Yes that is what I heard. I guess Vale is still a valuable commodity for Yamaha with his huge merchandising power but they can't ignore Fabio as he has been the only rider to take it to Marquez last season and they can't afford to lose him to another team.  

• Like 1

When Honda HRC signed up Alex Marquez PolEsparago was not in the frame - for 2020 he was still with KTM. So if the season had got going on time, Alex would have ridden the HRC Honda. That’s not happened, now contracts coming to an end, Honda know how Pol rides and they must have judged he was a better prospect then Alex. He gets a ride on a works bike (Cals) at LCR, probably been paid well, so now has a chance to prove his worth without the pressure of riding for the same team as his multi world champion brother.  Cal is finished, that accident at Philip island last year saw to that, not fully recovered from it, and was not going to get back to his former self. Honda need winners, not also fans. Cal looks like he be going to Aprillia if Leanonne has to serve his drug ban, otherwise he will be without a ride. Cal has had a good run, made some good money at Yamaha, Ducati and LCR Honda. Enough to retire on.

• Like 1

Cal thinks it's not over yet. He says Lucio still wants him in the team but Honda pull the strings as they fund the team to the tune of £12M! He also has other options too so sounds like we may not have seen the last of Cal maybe.

• Like 1

It's good to have MotoGP back and I'm really looking forward to the races tomorrow. Brilliant to see young Quartararo is carrying on from where he finished last season by taking pole from Vinales and Marquez. Hopefully Rins will be able to recover from his knock today and be in the mix again from the start. Pleased that Cal made sixth, it amazes me that he didn't call time on his career with the injuries. If it were me I'd relax and enjoy life with the family.

• Like 1

Nice to see the youngsters doing well in Moto GP. Taking into account the year Rossi had last year (mostly being out shone by Vinhales and the Petronus Yamaha squad), and how he is performing in Jerez right now, I do think it is time for him to hang his MotoGP leathers up for good before he is completely embarassed, He is in his early 40's and his body is obviously telling him it cant do what it did years ago. He doesnt need the money so why not just bow out gracefully. I know he wants that 10th win in Moto GP but I really think it is beyond his capability now. He not only has to beat Marquez but all the young upstarts who would love to be able to say "I beat Valentino".

First with Rins, then Crutchlow, and to top it Marquez gets injured. Not a good start to the season. I do hope all are back in the races soon, though the MArque crash looked particularly nasty. Well done to Quartararo for his first win, but a bit hollow with three main contenders out of it. 

Reports on motogp Twitter that Marquez has a broken humerus, due surgery tomorrow. Apparently caused when the bike hit his arm .

21 hours ago, bendover said:

Reports on motogp Twitter that Marquez has a broken humerus, due surgery tomorrow. Apparently caused when the bike hit his arm .

Yes, flying to Barcelona for the op. Knowing him he will try to come back far too early.

LCR saying Crutchlow has a broken bone in his wrist. 

On 7/20/2020 at 1:32 PM, dj350z said:

Knowing him he will try to come back far too early.

Nailed that one, according to motogp.com Rins, Crutchlow and Marquez declared fit for this weekend's race !!!

It should be another very interesting race in Austria today. It's really brought this years championship to life without Marquez, and for the better I think. Even Vale is still knocking on the door at 41, wish I'd been that fit at his age lol. With I think the first thirteen within 0.5 seconds of each other it should be very open. Be good to see Quartararo continue his rise and consolidate his lead. After last week it might even be Jacks week to dominate or come close to a surprise result. It's time to go and have breakfast and watch Moto3 and hopefully another close scrap between the first ten or so.

After being starved of sport for most of the summer we are now being almost overloaded with top quality TV sport. Sky plus has never had to work so hard.

Massive accident in the opening couple of laps of the Moto2 GP, hopefully all will be ok.