Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

4 minutes ago, bruno said:

Horrendous crash , Valentino so lucky

Unbelievable to see both riders walk away, and how lucky was Valentino Rossi. He`s been waying up his options on retirement, after getting away with that you wouldn't blame him if that hadn't made up his mind.

Never seen Rossi look so shocked, he had a look of why am I still doing this. Probably go out and win it now

John McPhee got 3rd place awared after the 3rd, 4th, 5th riders exceeded track limits on the last bend so were disqualified from results. John is now 2nd in the championship but looks like Albert Arenas is running away with it - in a class of his own at the moment.

Saw the smash in Moto 2, that was horrendous, so glad to see the rider conscious, though probably injured (not heard yet)

I will MotoGP replay on BT this evening.

Thankfully all the riders didnt suffer lasting injuries, how luck was Valentino Rossi

Watched the MotoGP on BT last night. That crash was really scary. Those bikes need a lanyard like speedway bikes have, rider and bike go separate ways and engine stops.          That track though is dangerous. It may be scenic (beautiful) but to be hurtling from 200mph (gulp) into a 35mph turn with a wall your prospect if you get it all wrong is not very good. They may as well ride the Isle of Man TT course, and that was deprived of world championship status probably 30 or more years ago - too right as well.                    
I hope all goes well this coming weekend, amazing that Morbidelli May well be riding! Top marks if he does, to get his head round all that shows guts.

Well done Dovi,  not just for winning but for announcing before the race that no matter what he will not be riding Ducati next year. I just hope he now goes on and wins this year world championship. He deserves it, Quatarraro can wait till another year.                               
As others on tv have said, manufacturers need to have more respect for riders. Rossi left Honda about 20 years ago after winning the 500cc world championship and Honda implying it was only due to the bike. Rossi went to Yamaha to ride an uninspiring bike and promptly won the world championship first year there. Plus, what we seeing today is manufacturers seemingly wanting riders (established as in the case of Rossi and Dovi) to change their (winning) style to suit a computerised developed racing bike. That seems that’s what gone on for Rossi last year and first race this year, and, as I understand maybe with Dovi too.  You can have a computerised developed bike, but the riders are individual as in “human”.

Valentino had a lucky one there ,that was scary.Used up a couple of his track lives there.You can’t legislate for these kind of incidents though.

19 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Watched the MotoGP on BT last night. That crash was really scary. Those bikes need a lanyard like speedway bikes have, rider and bike go separate ways and engine stops.          That track though is dangerous. It may be scenic (beautiful) but to be hurtling from 200mph (gulp) into a 35mph turn with a wall your prospect if you get it all wrong is not very good. They may as well ride the Isle of Man TT course, and that was deprived of world championship status probably 30 or more years ago - too right as well.                    
I hope all goes well this coming weekend, amazing that Morbidelli May well be riding! Top marks if he does, to get his head round all that shows guts.

Well done Dovi,  not just for winning but for announcing before the race that no matter what he will not be riding Ducati next year. I just hope he now goes on and wins this year world championship. He deserves it, Quatarraro can wait till another year.                               
As others on tv have said, manufacturers need to have more respect for riders. Rossi left Honda about 20 years ago after winning the 500cc world championship and Honda implying it was only due to the bike. Rossi went to Yamaha to ride an uninspiring bike and promptly won the world championship first year there. Plus, what we seeing today is manufacturers seemingly wanting riders (established as in the case of Rossi and Dovi) to change their (winning) style to suit a computerised developed racing bike. That seems that’s what gone on for Rossi last year and first race this year, and, as I understand maybe with Dovi too.  You can have a computerised developed bike, but the riders are individual as in “human”.

To much computerised stuff on bikes and cars.F1 cars practically drive themselves these days, drivers just have to keep a eye on their tyres as when to pit stop.

On 8/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, OveFundinFan said:

I agree with the majority of that but think the riding style changes required of the riders recently have been enforced by Marquez not computer design. The way he rides is as big a change as those who first started hanging of the bike (Saarinen?) and has been seen to be faster so the bikes are being built to suit that style. The youngsters coming through are already using the style but the old guard have to change, twas ever thus!

On we go to the next round today. Same track and the same riders but we definitely don't want the same mayhem and horrors as last week. 

It's all the "new order" guys at the front of the grid so we could have another very interesting result. If moto3 is as good as it was last Sunday then we're in for forty minutes of real entertainment at ten this morning. 

I enjoyed the double meeting racing from Red Bull Ring, Austria. Wowed at the heroics of Maverick Vinhales bailing out of his brakeless Yamaha - amazing.

However, I not pleased with some decisions made by the experianced riders who are appointing to steward the riders :-                                                                                       

1) Prior to Austria Zarco had been penalised for supposedly knocking Pol Esparago off. Esparago drifted wide off his line leaving a gap "a mile wide", which Zarco, being a racer in a race, filled comfortably, keeping his line on the inside. Trouble was Esparago turned back to the line he wanted but it was already filled by Zarco. Esparago thus turned into Zarco and knocked himself off but Zarco gets the penalty,  possibly robbing him of a 2nd place podium. Yes he came 3rd but race spoilt for him. It was a right hand bend, Zarco, on the inside lane would have had his head low over the RH side of his bike and vision to the left obstructed so he wouldnt see Esparago moving in. Pol on the other hand, would have had his head also to the right and could have clearly seen that the line he drifted well off was now filled.  Crazy decision by the stewards.

2) First AUstrian race. We see that terrible race where Mobidellii hit the back of Zarco sendning them both to the track and the bikes doing their own thing, nearly wiping ot Rossi and Vinhales. Stewards penalised Zarco, despite him having passed Mobidelli and therefore has the line, and his electronics showing he actually braked that lap fractionally later then previous laps, thus it was MOrbideli that ran into Zarco. Some opinions of current riders say Morbideli should have shut off when Zarco had overtaken and took the race line in front of him, but he didnt.  SO Zarco penaly was for him tostart the race from the pit lane, meaning The fact Pol Esparago the other riders have passed pit lane exit to the track before he was released. That happend to be a 10 second penalty. Seemed harsh to penalis Zarco in the first place but to impose a 10 sec penalty. Is their a consipracy.?

3) Second weekend at Austria. All riders know that exceeding track limits in practice and the lap time is wiped out. In the race, if a rider exceeds track limits a few times he will see a warning on his dash and pit crew notice to be careful. Next time exceed limits and he is black flagged, seems there is a different rule for last lap offences.  So what happened, in Moto 2, the leader and first over the finish line was Jorge Martin. By the time he done his slow down lap and got back to pit lane area he had been put down to second place ...... because he had exceeded track limits.  Fair do's, good call by the stewards.  But then... in the Moto GP race, first of all Joan Mir on his Suzuki was ordered to drop a place because of exceeding track limits.... fair enough. But then on the last lap you could see that Jack Miller and Pol Esparago (yes him again) were going at it hammer and tongue and it could all end in tears. Lurking close behind them was Miguel Olivera, just waiting to pounce. Last 3 or 4 bends the lead swopped a bit, then on the last bend without touching each other, Miller went wide, Pol Esparago, on the outside of him, went even wider, so much so he massively had left the track. Olivera took advantage of the situ and swept underneath both and won the race, Miller 2nd, Pol Esaparago 3rd with....... Joan Mir on his back wheel in 4th (out of podium position and a few championship points less).    You would think at the least Pol Esparago would be penalised for exceeding track limits and dropped a place down to 4th, with Joan Mir given 3nd (after all he had to give up a place in the same race).  [the first week in Austria in the Moto 3 race, on the last bend riders in 3rd, 4th, 5th place all exceeded track limits on the last bend and were penalised 3 seconds, bringing the 6th rider up to 3rd - a precedent had been set]. It can definately be said Joan Mir and his team Suzuki are not to well pleased with no stewards action. This years world championship is the widest open one for years with so many riders capable of winning it, and glory for the team (which can result in massive increase in road bike sales).

Leading the stewards is Freddie Spencer, multi world champion from many years ago, plus 2 other names I not conversant with. The stewards team was only formed last year I believe, but already it is being said that whilst they have racing experiance, is that experiance so far in the past it is not relevant to todays bikes and rider style. The question is being asked. Whether there will be any appeals from Mir/Suzuki we will see.   BUT, I think poor steward decisions are spoiling the racing this year for sure.

Well done John McPhee 

• Like 4

Cracking race, I've not watched 2 yet but the main race wasn't up to much I thought

Tough race to win is a Moto3, so well done John McPhee. Just wish he was consistently in the top 5 and he could be world champ - and deserve it.

MotoGP wasnt too exciting - I thought it was going to be so close. Rossi waits for his 200th GP podium - 200!

Not seen Moto2 yet, but Jake Dixon seems to be in the mix more each meeting.

Nor me , I always enjoy Moto 3 and obviously watch the main race but tend to give 2 a miss

• Like 1