Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yorkscorp

Scunthorpe Lose World U21 Meeting

On Scunny website this morning that track failed FIM inspection and the U21 meeting has been lost.

Disappointing but I am sure in future Rob and the guys will achieve FIM status for the track.

On Scunny website this morning that track failed FIM inspection and the U21 meeting has been lost.

Disappointing but I am sure in future Rob and the guys will achieve FIM status for the track.

from what i`ve heard they will have to spend some money which persumably they weren`t prepared to do this year.

Gutted for all concerned at Scunthorpe, you do a brill job all of you:(

from what i`ve heard they will have to spend some money which persumably they weren`t prepared to do this year.

And the time scale in which to do it

Shame. I was going to go to this meeting. Not going all the way down to Lakeside I'm afraid.

Do we know why the EWR failed?

Was it something big, or some petty FIM restriction?

Nothing major as i understand it,the main problem was that the work required for this one meeting would have made the changeover to stock cars far more demanding and time consuming.

Lots of suggestions were made and compromises proposed but the man at the FIM wanted it his way or no way.

Its a shame really,one of the finest and safest tracks in the country would have produced a great meeting.

Surely TPB knew the track when it was chosen. How can it be up to standard to be chosen - and then fail the inspection?

Surely TPB knew the track when it was chosen. How can it be up to standard to be chosen - and then fail the inspection?

Berwick was chosen for a GP qualifier dependant on the necessary work being completed, which they have done at huge expense... The Scunthorpe promotion probaly looked at the cost, thought about it and said, "sod that!"

What a shame!. We would have been in for a treat with plenty of passing. Poor Rob & Co have worked so hard down the track throughout the winter. the weather has been against them for the last month, probably too much work to undertake. Nevermind I'm over it already. we still have plenty of speedway to look forward to!

<p>

<br />

Surely TPB knew the track when it was chosen. How can it be up to standard to be chosen - and then fail the inspection?<br />

<br />

<br />

</p>

By putting yourself forward for the job.... & then not being up to standard upon inspection.

"Interesting" to check out the article on the website - the home page is still advertising the opening meeting of the season: apparently a top field is being assembled for the Kenny Smith Memorial Meeting.

See, easy to put yourself forward for something... and not deliver.

On a recent visit, the track looked to be, well, totally knackered through overuse & was a shadow of it's former self, but i suppose that's necessary to fund PL racing.

Certainly the "crowd" wasnt a shadow of its former self - there weren't enough to cast a big enough shadow - in fact only the travelling support made it a "crowd" as opposed to a "gathering".

Sorry for Scunny fans but this could be great news for me, depends on what time the meeting is as i'm already booked to go out that night, plus, who will the qualifier be?it's listed as being in Ukraine last Sat but cant see any results anywhere,anyone know what happened with that, who the teams are etc?

Sorry for Scunny fans but this could be great news for me, depends on what time the meeting is as i'm already booked to go out that night, plus, who will the qualifier be?it's listed as being in Ukraine last Sat but cant see any results anywhere,anyone know what happened with that, who the teams are etc?

thread on the international section started by Main man http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=69704

So the Czechs will be at lakeside then? Wonder why the lakeside press release just says + qualifier, as though they dont know who?

Do we know why the EWR failed?

Was it something big, or some petty FIM restriction?

Plastic spoons in the cafe i think was the reason