British Speedway Forum
wizzer

Newport Speedway Fans Help!

If anyone out there wants to help please send letters of objection to the demolition of the Newport speedway stand and buildings.

The more objections the better.

I cannot go into details but please help out by doing this!

You can state that there are interested parties willing to carry on with speedway at the Venue.

Planning Application Number 12/0375

Geraint N Roberts 01633 232507

planning@newport.gov.uk

Regeneration & Regulatory Services

Newport City Council

Civic Centre

Newport

NP20 4UR

Consider this done. Anything to give a chance to saving our team and stadium.

I've just sent this:

"I am alarmed and distressed to read of plans to demolish Newport Speedway Stadium. I live many miles from your city but the availability of this stadium for speedway is of great importance to me and many other followers of our sport, both inside Newport and well outside. I have visited Newport many times, purely to visit this stadium.

This stadium was created after a twenty year absence of the sport from Newport and while it has been mismanaged in recent years, culminating in the events of this winter it could be a viable asset to the city of Newport and its sporting life.

There are parties interested in re-opening the stadium for speedway racing and thus I implore the council to reject the application for demolition by the landlords which would create a loss of amenity in your city.

The Wasps may have had hard times over the past few years but that’s no reason to allow their home to be permanently lost to them again, as with Somerton Park.

Once it’s gone….it’s gone!

The sporting public of Newport deserve better."

Good luck Phil.

Can I suggest that the mods put this in the main section to get maximum exposure?

Edited by Angus Kix Lives
  • Like 1

have already emailed them & had a automatic reply, lets hope lots of others do to. We are fully behind you Phil.

Would an email carry the same weight as a letter?

I'm wondering the same thing. I wouldn't have thought so however.

E mails are treated the same as letters, but just to be safe do both

email these days, as evidenced in my work as treated as mail so will be treated the same as a letter

shocked to hear that they are talking about demolishing already. was there for the 1st time last year and it seemed a really good stadium. good luck

Just sent an e-mail - good luck Phil!

I wonder if we could ask Nigel Pearson to give our cause a mention on the Sky Sports GP coverage from Leszno tonight and Wolverhampton on Monday?

I presume Phil will be in Leszno this weekend and would be able to update and advise Nigel.

I believe Nigel is a regular Twitter user but not sure about Phil.

I don't have (or know how to use) Twitter but there may be someone looking in who does and could get a message to Nigel? (ftb? if you're looking in)

Just a thought?

Thanks

Mark

Send an e-mail, post a hard copy, ring the planning department and voice your objection.......do what needs to be done to create as much interest as possible, tell your family and friends to do the same, contact as many media outlets as possible - SUPPORTERS OF NEWPORT SPEEDWAY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!! 196747.gif

http://www.newportwasps.co/news.php?extend.256

• Like 1