British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrMungo

King's Lynn V Mildenhall (nlkoc) 2nd May

Where do I start??????

How about Lewis Blackbird, disgraceful riding last night IMO. Rid Cockle to the fence in one heat which Cockle took a displeasure too and floored him at the pit gate & warned him he'll kill someone if he's not careful. Then came heat 9 when completely missing the start nearly pulled off Cockles fears. Diving for a gap that wasn't there and cleaning everyone out with poor Adam Lowe taking a high speed trip to the fence with a sickening bang. A few people let Blackbird know what they thought after that. Absolutely horrendous.

Ay??

I couldn't see what Lew had done wrong when Cockle floored him tbh.Total over reaction by the so called Lynn Captain.A view that was shared by not just Mildenhall fans.

As HT says.We looked at the replay that we had and what you describe is rubbish tbh.He didn't "go for a gap that wasn't there" he was clipped himself which then made him a passenger into the unfortunate Adam Lowe (who had looked the best i've ever seen him ride for that matter)

But anyway back to reality.

Hope both Lewis and Adam are ok after that crash to start off with.

Plenty of effort from both sets of riders on a well prepared track.

For Lynn; I thought Adam Lowe looked brilliant tbh before the crash.His move on Cam was pretty special tbh.Knight clearly isn't fit,think he has come back too soon.Kerr was unlucky in his last 2,but did look very ordinary in his first couple.Campos,Stokes and Johnson looked pretty solid,and Cockle did his job at number 1.

For Mildenhall;Cam looked fast.Cracking bit of team riding to shield Nathan in ht13.Halsey again impressed.Looks so much more comfortable on the bike.Seems he has found the form that took him into the PL a couple of years back.Joe and Stef backed up Danny and Cam really well.Lew looked fast again before the crash.Finally the 2 reserves continued to impress.Got better as the meeting went on.Nathans ht13 win was decent.Cracking 1st couple of bends by the lad.

Good to see every rider from the Mildenhall team getting a win also.Will do their confidence the world of good.

• Like 1

Ay??

I couldn't see what Lew had done wrong when Cockle floored him tbh.Total over reaction by the so called Lynn Captain.A view that was shared by not just Mildenhall fans.

As HT says.We looked at the replay that we had and what you describe is rubbish tbh.He didn't "go for a gap that wasn't there" he was clipped himself which then made him a passenger into the unfortunate Adam Lowe (who had looked the best i've ever seen him ride for that matter)

But anyway back to reality.

Hope both Lewis and Adam are ok after that crash to start off with.

Plenty of effort from both sets of riders on a well prepared track.

For Lynn; I thought Adam Lowe looked brilliant tbh before the crash.His move on Cam was pretty special tbh.Knight clearly isn't fit,think he has come back too soon.Kerr was unlucky in his last 2,but did look very ordinary in his first couple.Campos,Stokes and Johnson looked pretty solid,and Cockle did his job at number 1.

For Mildenhall;Cam looked fast.Cracking bit of team riding to shield Nathan in ht13.Halsey again impressed.Looks so much more comfortable on the bike.Seems he has found the form that took him into the PL a couple of years back.Joe and Stef backed up Danny and Cam really well.Lew looked fast again before the crash.Finally the 2 reserves continued to impress.Got better as the meeting went on.Nathans ht13 win was decent.Cracking 1st couple of bends by the lad.

Good to see every rider from the Mildenhall team getting a win also.Will do their confidence the world of good.

Screamer trust me you are wrong on Ht 9 having seen the replay, started from the back and Lewis was pushed into Lowe, horrible looking crash though Lowe really smashed into the air fence and then Lewis having his shoulder put back whilst leaning on the air fence. Hope for good news on them both today.

Didnt see anything wrong with the earlier incident although TBF the accident at the back deflected some of the attention. Two points on that though firstly thought the Referee should be commended, took immediate action talked to the riders and defused the situation ( if as you say Cockle floored him then I suspect he would have been fined and kicked out of the meeting - which nobody would have wanted ) secondly after the rerun Cockle and Blackbird shook hands, fair play to them both.

Early doors for both teams though I suspect lack of competitive track time ( Tigers in only third meeting and Stars probably less ). Goodish crowd, no rain and looked more from KL than on previous visits which is good to see.

AJL smoothly run, 8 competitive riders and a good part of the crowd stayed to watch - hope more clubs take up.

Kev

• Like 1

Personally I didn't see an awful lot wrong with either incident involving Blackbird to be honest, and the lad certainly has something about him. Same can be said for Bates who looks a fine prospect, although he may benefit from not getting quite so close to back wheels when chasing them :D thought his move on Knight was a little wreckless but he's a young lad learning and can be excused. Thought the Young Stars looked very rusty and it was a thoroughly deserved win for Mildy who had far more spark about them throughout the match. Adam Lowe was the one shining light for Lynn before his tumble. Kerr very unlucky in his last two after dreadful gates in his first couple of heats. One thing that struck me last night was the lack of meetings that riders like he and Joe Jacobs will be getting this year.....they are arguably the two brightest hopes for the two clubs and they should be getting loads of rides to aid their development, they need to be racing two or three times a week to help them progress. What a shame there aren't more clubs in the NL to provide everyone with extra track time.

• Like 3

Excellent post by bagpuss, pretty much summed it up. I thought our whole team rode well last night.

Was at the meeting last night. Me personally thinks blackbird nearly ran into cockle that's why he went off at him! Disappointed for Lewis Kerr last night. Spoke to his dad after meeting and said clutch was playing up in the first and burnt out in the second and we all know it's horrible luck to snap 2 chains when leading twice! As for Adam lowe he looked really quick! Hope he recovers well and gets back soon!!

Forgot to add what a pleasure it was to meet up once again with the only bloke I know who wears gloves, a scarf, a big old fleece and SHORTS at a speedway meeting :D

• Like 3

Knight clearly isn't fit,think he has come back too soon.

Jake has aggravated the leg injury he suffered at Stoke, and further investigation has revealed a small fracture.

Is there any update on how Adam is? After his awful misfortune getting injured in, what I seem to recall, was his very first ride of last year's NL season, I'm sure we all hope there's no kind of length of lay-off this time around...

Is there any update on how Adam is? After his awful misfortune getting injured in, what I seem to recall, was his very first ride of last year's NL season, I'm sure we all hope there's no kind of length of lay-off this time around...

I understand he is comprehensively battered and bruised

Personally I didn't see an awful lot wrong with either incident involving Blackbird to be honest, and the lad certainly has something about him. Same can be said for Bates who looks a fine prospect, although he may benefit from not getting quite so close to back wheels when chasing them :D thought his move on Knight was a little wreckless but he's a young lad learning and can be excused. Thought the Young Stars looked very rusty and it was a thoroughly deserved win for Mildy who had far more spark about them throughout the match. Adam Lowe was the one shining light for Lynn before his tumble. Kerr very unlucky in his last two after dreadful gates in his first couple of heats. One thing that struck me last night was the lack of meetings that riders like he and Joe Jacobs will be getting this year.....they are arguably the two brightest hopes for the two clubs and they should be getting loads of rides to aid their development, they need to be racing two or three times a week to help them progress. What a shame there aren't more clubs in the NL to provide everyone with extra track time.

Good stuff Baggy!

Screamer must have been watching on updates!

I agree about the lack of track time, although bar more teams entering the NL I don't know what can be done, but for youngsters like Jake Knight, Lewis Kerr 14 NL meetings plus maybe the chance of a couple more isn't enough.Being a standalone Mildnehall have entered the NT this year and hopefully if we have the success of 2011, the likes of Joe, Josh, Stefan ,Nathan etc will have around 30 meetings to look forward to. But they would I am sure say that is not enough.

Josh is an exciting talent, who certainly has something about him, but so does his partner Nathan Stoneman. In the three meetings so far he has shown a maturity beyond his years, fine technique and that no one will bully him in the first turns. Heat 13 being an excellent example.

Also have to mention Dan Halsey too, often overlooked as he goes about his business in a quiet efficient manner, but he certainly looks back to the form that earned him a place in the Rye House PL side. He will make a mockery of his 4.76 starting average for sure!

Edited by PhilK

Was at the meeting last night. Me personally thinks blackbird nearly ran into cockle that's why he went off at him! Disappointed for Lewis Kerr last night. Spoke to his dad after meeting and said clutch was playing up in the first and burnt out in the second and we all know it's horrible luck to snap 2 chains when leading twice! As for Adam lowe he looked really quick! Hope he recovers well and gets back soon!!

Kerr will bounce back, he's a terrific rider.

Very few will pass Heeps this season at NL level, home or away. Lowe was very impressive indeed.

Congatulations once again to Nathan Stoneman, with another fine performance for paid 7pts, to add to his previous paid 7+ scores.........................and including a superb Heat 13 victory to boot. Keep it up mate, you're doing just great.

Edited by womble53
  • Like 1