Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Lakeside Junior Hammers

Cheers OLD mate!

When Jack Kingston fell and was injured, was he disqualified from the re-run of the heat, or was he allowed back in, but withdrew himself?

Derek,

I've noticed a discrepancy and wondered if you could tell me which version of events is correct.

You're report says that Rhys Naylor scored 4-points and Lewis Rose 3+2 points. However, Bryn has reported in the Speedway Star that Naylor had 3+1 and Rose 4+1.

Cheers mate

Mike

Must've been heat 4 (in the KL match) I got wrong. Would've been Rose second and young Rhys third so with the bonus.

NB TWO bonus points last night for Simon..!

Ht1: 67.7

Ht2: Awarded

Ht3: 68.2

Ht4: Completed race but time not announced!

Ht2: Rose fell turn1 all four back

Sheppard fell ex whilst 3rd, Kingston couldn't avoid him fell, injured and a non-starter for the re-run

Ht3 before ht2 re-run, Sheppards bike seizes at the tapes and he is excluded

Ht2 re-run Pearce replaces Kingston, falls and remounts twice, second time excluded (Rumsey's getting close and the Ref wants to go home)

Ht4: Naylor second and Rose 3rd

Curfew

• Like 1

Young Hammers in AJL action on Friday (6/7) AFTER the Lakeside vs. Birmingham EL match.

Opponents this week are the Rye House Pocket Rockets.

Teams are (NB in alpha NOT riding order):

Lakeside Young Hammers:

Mark Baldock

Jack Kingston

Martin Pearce

Simon Pearce

Rye House Pocket Rockets

Joe Exley

Jake Hallett

Brad Tokeley

Danny Verge

Ht1: 67.7

Ht2: Awarded

Ht3: 68.2

Ht4: Completed race but time not announced!

Ht2: Rose fell turn1 all four back

Sheppard fell ex whilst 3rd, Kingston couldn't avoid him fell, injured and a non-starter for the re-run

Ht3 before ht2 re-run, Sheppards bike seizes at the tapes and he is excluded

Ht2 re-run Pearce replaces Kingston, falls and remounts twice, second time excluded (Rumsey's getting close and the Ref wants to go home)

Ht4: Naylor second and Rose 3rd

Curfew

Right, well that's how I called heat 4 too but the scores in the Star (one assumes provided by Bryn..?) had it that Rhys scored 3+1 and Rose 4 +1 which strongly suggests that the writer saw it Rose second and Naylor third in that final heat!

I'd conceded this point before on the basis I COULD'VE been wrong but now you've confirmed my original thoughts, seems - and whisper it quietly! - that perhaps the sainted co-ordinator MAY have got it wrong... Dale, are you out there(?), can you clarify..?!

Right, well that's how I called heat 4 too but the scores in the Star (one assumes provided by Bryn..?) had it that Rhys scored 3+1 and Rose 4 +1 which strongly suggests that the writer saw it Rose second and Naylor third in that final heat!

Wayne Dunworth (Lightning TM) has it that Rose was second and Rhys third, so guess we'll go with that. Seems not just me but Falcon Hammer must've been lagging at the 'late hour' of heat four and got it wrong!! :oops:

Young Hammers in AJL action on Friday (6/7) AFTER the Lakeside vs. Birmingham EL match.

Sadly, of course, this meeting was rained off... :sad:

Will be letting people knoiw re-arranged date soon - some work needed on our fixture list...

Young Hammers are next in AJL action at West Row, Mildenhall on this Sunday 15th. July.

Two team line-ups are (NB. in alpha NOT riding order):

Mildenhall Tiger Cubs:

Ryan Daley; Joe Graver; Martin Knuckey; Niall Strudwick

Lakeside Young Hammers:

Mark Baldock; Jack Kingston; Martin Pearce; Simon Pearce

Action follows the NL match between the Fen Tigers and the Isle of Wight Islanders

An extra fixture just announced.

Rye House Pocket Rockets vs. Lakeside Young Hammers (2012 Capital Junior Challenge) at Rye House THIS Saturday 21st. July AFTER the Rockets vs. Glasgow PL match.

Full four rider/six heat AJDL match format

Teams for Saturday's Capital Challenge at Rye House:

NB. in alpha NOT riding order

Pocket Rockets: Joe Exley; Jake Hallett; Bradley Tokley; Danno Verge

Young Hammers: Mark Baldock; Adam Ellis; Jack Kingston; Adam Sheppard

Important news about the AJL match at Lakeside on Friday (3 August): Young Hammers vs. Ipswich Junior Witches!

It's back to being BEFORE the main Elite League action. We'll be VERY PROMPTLY underway at 7pm, so please be there in good time for the Junior League racing!

Team details to follow later in the week...

Congratulations to 'Young Hammers' youngster Adam Ellis, who has now been handed the No 8 position with the Isle of Wight in the National League. What remarkable progress this young man from France is making in such short a space of time.

• Like 1

Lakeside Young Hammers' final AJL match of the season home to Rye House Pocket Rockets this Friday (31/8). 7pm start time (BEFORE the main Lakeside vs. Poole EL match).

Teams are (NB. in alpha NOT riding order):

Young Hammers: Mark Baldock; Jack Kingston; Martin Pearce

Pocket Rockets: Connor Coles; Bradley Tokeley; Danno Verge

AJ challenge match between the Young Hammers and the Eastbourne Eaglets is the opening action in Friday's Lee Richardson Memorial meeting at Lakeside.

Teams line up as follows:

Lakeside Young Hammers

1) Mark Baldock; 2) Adam Ellis; 3) Martin Pearce

Eastbourne Eaglets

1) Niall Strudwick; 2) Connor Dugard; 3) Danno Verge

This is a second leg: first leg at Arlington ended all square at 18-18

Am sure people will be arriving early for this big meeting. AJ action due on track at 6.45pm

AJ action due on track at 6.45pm

Parsnips, surely it's cheating to use Jonsson in a junior match. ;)

Seriously, though, nice idea to get these lads on first in front of a big crowd - hoping I'll be at the Raceway in time for this. :approve:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam