Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Lakeside Junior Hammers

Season finally gets underway for the Lakeside Junior Hammers this weekend with home match vs. Mildenhall later today (Friday) and an away match at Rye House on Saturday.

JH team for both fixtures (NB. listed alphabetically NOT in riding order) as follows

vs. Mildenhall Tiger Cubs (H)

Mark Baldock

Jack Kingston

Martin Pearce

Adam Sheppard

vs. Rye House Pocket Rockets (A)

Mark Baldock

Jack Kingston

Martin Pearce

Simon Pearce

The Mildenhall team competing at Lakeside (also in alphabetical not riding order) is:

Joe Graver

Niall Strudwick

Martin Knuckey

Nick Laurence

Don't know the RH team atm

Have the Rye House Pocket Rockets line-up now for Saturday (after the Plymouth PL match).

The Pocket Rockets are (nb. as above in alpha NOT riding order):

Tom Braddock

Joe Exley

Nick Lee

Danny Verge

Result & scorers from last night:

Junior Hammers 21 Fen Tiger Cubs 14

Lakeside JHs

Mark Baldock 7

Martin Pearce 2+1

Jack Kingston 7+1

Adam Sheppard 5+2

Mildenhall FTCs

Niall Strudwick 1+1

Joe Graver 3

Nick Laurence 9 [M]

Martin Knuckey 1

Do you have heat details, Derek?

I was at the meeting but not in time for the "first half". It's disappointing Arena put these meetings on as first halves and not second halves; I'm not sure why - they don't have a curfew, do they?

tbh, for last night (Friday) no, I DON'T have heat details. If anyone else can contribute them I too would be very grateful.

Have an admission to make, rather embarrasingly (but hey, Sittingbourne fans of old and Wimbledon prog readers will recall I HAVE been known to get the odd thing wrong! :P ) it's NOT the JUNIOR Hammers but 'tis indeed the YOUNG Hammers!!! :oops:

Anyhow, another great win for the lads tonight at RH and for that I DO have the full details (er, well minus a winning time for heat 4).

What happened was the Pocket Rockets only had two riders so we loaned them Simon and a three-a-side four heat match (within the rules of the AJL) was raced. With the following outcome:

Rye House Pocket Rockets 11

1) Tom Braddock 5

2) Danny Verge 3 + 1

3) Simon Pearce 3 + 1

Lakeside
Young
Hammers 13

1) Mark Baldock 8

2) Martin Pearce 1 + 1

3) Jack Kingston 4

Heat 1) Braddock; Baldock; M. Pearce; Verge 65.1 3-3 [3-3]

Heat 2) [rerun] Kingston; Verge; S. Pearce; M. Pearce (f.exc.) 63.6 3-3 [6-6]

Heat 3) Baldock; S. Pearce; Kingston (f.rem.); Braddock (f.rem LPD) 72.5 4-2 [8-10]

Heat 4) Baldock; Braddock; Verge; Kingston 3-3 [11-13]

:approve: :approve: :approve:

Winning time for heat 4 last night Parsnips old fruit was 69.2 according to a copy of the official programme given to me after the meeting. I missed it too but we both have a really good excuse as it had got rather dampish at that stage hadn't it?! :wink:

I seem to recall a Dons junior with the surname Verge.Steve Verge maybe?Is this young Danny Verge any relation?

Do you have heat details, Derek?

I was at the meeting but not in time for the "first half". It's disappointing Arena put these meetings on as first halves and not second halves; I'm not sure why - they don't have a curfew, do they?

Heat details follow 'Khabiboulin' but whilst it may be disappointing for you personally, there are several most valid reasons why the Lakeside Hammers management have opted to stage Anglian Junior Development League matches before Elite League action rather than after it.

One major reason, amongst several others, is the fact that track curator Gerald Richter and his band of willing trackstaff volunteers have to take down and store the entire speedway circuit safety fence after every Friday meeting to enable Saturday stockcar practice to go ahead - and that's no five minute task.

Now onto Friday's heat details from the Young Hammers 21-14 victory over Mildenhall's Fen Tiger Cubs as promised:

1. Baldock, Graver, Strudwick, M.Pearce (fell). 66.1 (3-3) (3-3)

2. (3 riders only) Laurence, Sheppard, Kingston. Knuckey ns. 65.1 (3-3) (6-6)

3. Laurence, Baldock, Sheppard, Graver. 64.2 (3-3) (9-9)

4. Kingston, M.Pearce, Knuckey, Strudwick (fell). 63.8 (5-1) (14-10)

5. Laurence, Baldock, Graver, M.Pearce (f/rmtd). 64.2 (2-4) (16-14)

6.(re-run) Kingston, Sheppard, Knuckey (ret), Strudwick (fell-ex). 63.8 (5-0) (21-14)

I may be wrong but I believe it is Danno Verge, named after Roland Danno who rode for Hsckney when Steve was a junior, if what Mike Western said at the Ipswich v Rye junior match is correct.

Winning time for heat 4 last night Parsnips old fruit was 69.2 according to a copy of the official programme given to me after the meeting. I missed it too but we both have a really good excuse as it had got rather dampish at that stage hadn't it?! :wink:

And you had that hat on (about which no further comment shall be made... :P ) too!!!!

Cheers for this!

I may be wrong but I believe it is Danno Verge, named after Roland Danno who rode for Hsckney when Steve was a junior, if what Mike Western said at the Ipswich v Rye junior match is correct.

Indeed you are correct 'nick' with your explanation concerning the naming young Danno, the latest in line of the racing Veggies, and determined to show his dad Steve how good HE might have been back in his day! :wink: Whilst I'm on here, anybody know the whereabouts nowadays of former Hackney junior "Fitzy" namely Mick Fitzpatrick? :unsure:

Thanks for that.Great little story.Memory must be playing tricks if dad was at Hackney,but as it is such an unuaual surname i wondered if they were related :t:

Heat details follow 'Khabiboulin' ...

Thanks Bryn - appreciated.

Oh, and I meant to ask, did Slick Nick Laurence recover his stolen equipment?

Edited by Khabiboulin

Result & scorers from last night:

Junior Hammers 21 Fen Tiger Cubs 14

Lakeside JHs

Mark Baldock 7

Martin Pearce 2+1

Jack Kingston 7+1

Adam Sheppard 5+2

Mildenhall FTCs

Niall Strudwick 1+1

Joe Graver 3

Nick Laurence 9 [M]

Martin Knuckey 1

Does anyone have the full heat details for this meeting please?

Apologies Bryn just seen them above, thanks

This Friday at Lakeside it's the re-arranged match vs. the Peterborough Thundercats.

Team line-ups (in alphabetical order):

Lakeside Young Hammers

Mark Baldock

Jack Kingston

Martin Pearce

Adam Sheppard

Peterborough Thundercats

Jamie Collins

Ben Holloway

Simon Pearce

Niall Strudwick