British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AFCB Wildcat

Rear Guard Clearance?

I have been trying to get our rear guard and pushbar to comply with the new rules. I have shortened the push bar but due to the shape of the guard which rises at the rear, when I achieve the 35mm required I have a minimal clearance between the top of the tyre at top centre and the underside of the guard, probably about 5mm.

I know that the wheel can't move but I'm unsure as to how the shape of the tyre may alter under riding conditions and if this is to close.

Any ideas on what the minimum clearance I can get away with would be appreciated.

This is the problem with the upturned guards. Look at how Andreas Jonsson has done his or contact Rob Tutton of the Dragons who does a similar modification. Or you can change the guard for a rounded type which is easy to lower and give the correct clearance.

Glue and screw a block to the underside of the guard

Thanks Guys,

I raised it up and screwed a block in as suggested.

Just noticed this. You can always turn it round the other, it looks quite smart too.

Thanks Guys,

I raised it up and screwed a block in as suggested.

the end of the guard has to be measured from the top of the dirt deflector . the measurement is not from the guard to the tyre . if the end of the guard turns up and is over the limit from the deflector it's still illegal

Edited by speedibee