British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
djp45

What Is Going On At Leicester ?

I have been told that there will be 1 possibly two team changes in the near future. Jason was not happy with these changes as are some of the other riders so Jason said that he will leave if he is undermined as team manager as feels the replacements are not the correct riders for the club. Expect to see a Dane riding down the M69 back at Leicester soon even though at the end of last season saying he didn't like the track and didn't want to return in 2012.

I also understand that Bjerre is on his last warning having upset a number of staff and officials at the club along with continued bad results and then missing the meeting at Edinburgh Friday the club are not happy but will need an able replacement

Edited by flagrag

I have been told that there will be 1 possibly two team changes in the near future. Jason was not happy with these changes as are some of the other riders so Jason said that he will leave if he is undermined as team manager as feels the replacements are not the correct riders for the club. Expect to see a Dane riding down the M69 back at Leicester soon even though at the end of last season saying he didn't like the track and didn't want to return in 2012.

I also understand that Bjerre is on his last warning having upset a number of staff and officials at the club along with continued bad results and then missing the meeting at Edinburgh Friday the club are not happy but will need an able replacement

ballroom and neb say the club is Not in a mess, i wish it wasnt but unless you wear special glasses then it sadly is in a mess.

If its true then why has the track man gone aswel, I thought DH couldnt praise him enough and talk about how good a track man he is when he joined the staff at leicester,so what happened.

i think if they are looking at replacing anyone then i think that jari could be the one to go,as for bjerre i would expect to see him ride out the season with the lions,to try and replace him would be almost impossible.as for the track man i think glyn did a far better job and to bring him back is a good move aswell as eric boocock joining the club,thats got to be the way forward.as much as i liked jason and he did a good job but to be fair he is not in the same league as booey.i have been told eric is a very good track man and with him and glyn working togeather that's got to be a good combination,,time will tell but set aside all the doom and gloom i predict exciting time's for the lions.

• Like 1

i think if they are looking at replacing anyone then i think that jari could be the one to go,as for bjerre i would expect to see him ride out the season with the lions,to try and replace him would be almost impossible.as for the track man i think glyn did a far better job and to bring him back is a good move aswell as eric boocock joining the club,thats got to be the way forward.as much as i liked jason and he did a good job but to be fair he is not in the same league as booey.i have been told eric is a very good track man and with him and glyn working togeather that's got to be a good combination,,time will tell but set aside all the doom and gloom i predict exciting time's for the lions.

I agree on it could be jari,but dont be surprised if bjerre was to go before the end of the season, eric is a great track man and takes no prisoners,i just dont see him and DH getting on as eric speaks his mind and to the point,others who have tried to do that with DH have gone from BP.

I agree on it could be jari,but dont be surprised if bjerre was to go before the end of the season, eric is a great track man and takes no prisoners,i just dont see him and DH getting on as eric speaks his mind and to the point,others who have tried to do that with DH have gone from BP.

maybe that's what is needed and what,s been missing someone who speaks there mind,if you don't or wont listen to someone like eric then you may aswell shut shop.

• Like 1

I do think that irrespective of fact we have 3 wins out of 3 the team doesn't look good enough. I'm sure if heat 8 hadn't have panned out how it did we would have had a bit of a thumping against Scunthorpe. We didn't look great against Redcar either and i would rate them as one of the weaker teams in the league. I think something probably needs to be done which probably means replacing Makinen even though he didn't look too bad in the end at Scunthorpe.

Without wanting to sound like i'm having a dig at Jason Atwood i can't recall him making many more changes to the programmed rides than Hemsley did when he was in charge. For example, in the Scunthorpe match Graversen rode one of his best rides ever at BP to win his 3rd programmed ride in fine style (beating the very impressive Jorgensen and Doolan) but next heat Atwood left Nielsen in for his full quota of rides even though the only points he had scored were in the reserve race when both opponents had fell. There is an argument with Graversen that he is so inconsistent that one ride doesn't indicate form but Atwood hardly ever makes changes however obvious they appear. I also recall the ipswich match where he bizarrely didn't use a tactical when one was available and a capable enough rider was available to ride it (Nieminen). Instead he 'saved' it for the next heat. Didn't make any sense at all as if we had taken a 5-1(something that could have been an 8-1) in the heat we wouldn't have been able to use a tac ride in the next race anyway. He obviously does have good peoples skills though as he seems very close to a few of the riders which may be the problem.

Mick.

Edited by volty

Cannot really understand why people have a dig at Lasse as according to the averages up to last week he was averaging nearly 8. .And as to bad results lets face it if you are not at the front from lap 1 bend 2 you have'nt got much hope and Lasse is a racer not a gater.

Edited by Boulger Fan

I think even Lasse himself and his dad Ivan will admit they are not having the season he should be having in his career development . He has kit moved on at all and possibly even gone back a little has the talent but not working for him at home or away.

The club have had a few issues with him this season and upset few officials and staff but they have warned him and dealt with the issues.

What nonsense. I bet your loving this news - another chance to spin your never ending doom and gloom.

However, this is brilliant news for the Lions. Whilst Jason fulfilled the role he brought little to it, lacking any experience and not being involved in the sport to any decree before.

The Lions now have Glynn back (so much for Hemsleys apparent arrogance) and one of Englands greatest riders, and experienced team managers in Eric Boocock, in tow.

The change also brings back Glynns experience with the track to perhaps add to the great work Garath in doing.

The Lions are riding high, the biggest sponsor in the PL, experienced administrators, increasingly better racing at BP, great programme and facilities improving all the time. How pathetic are they the few on here, so called fans, who seem to want Leicester to fail, who moan and whinge at every turn.

While some of what you say is quite positive you obviously don't know half what you think you do with comments like the one in bold. So maybe when you are having a go at posters for what you percieve as wrong you should think before you type as they may be just like you far from "in the know" and while we're at it in my best Mr Snackette it's f..ing degree not decree :rolleyes:

Edited by bornagainlion

TBH I cannot see Eric Boocock staying very long. He calls a spade a bl**ding shovel, and I think the sparks will fly with DH. I hope that I am wrong, because Leicester need stability, something which has been lacking since the track opened.

• Like 2

TBH I cannot see Eric Boocock staying very long. He calls a spade a bl**ding shovel, and I think the sparks will fly with DH. I hope that I am wrong, because Leicester need stability, something which has been lacking since the track opened.

DH either makes changes or leaves things well alone. As fans like you have complaints of the current situation, how can you then criticise him for changing things. Do and be damned, don't and still be damned.

• Like 2

While some of what you say is quite positive you obviously don't know half what you think you do with comments like the one in bold. So maybe when you are having a go at posters for what you percieve as wrong you should think before you type as they may be just like you far from "in the know" and while we're at it in my best Mr Snackette it f..ing degree not decree :rolleyes:

Thanks for the correction.

On the other point you make, perhaps you can tell us where Jason was a promotor, manager or rider? He is a nice guy, was in tow at the right time when Hemsley was looking for help and did ok filling in the scores for a bit of petrol money. Lets face it, he was never going to have the clout, or knowledge, to sign riders, or fire them. Sad to say, no loss at all, particurlarly in view of the replacements.

As for being in the `know`, if only you knew.

ballroom and neb say the club is Not in a mess, i wish it wasnt but unless you wear special glasses then it sadly is in a mess.

If its true then why has the track man gone aswel, I thought DH couldnt praise him enough and talk about how good a track man he is when he joined the staff at leicester,so what happened.

Why would you care if the track man has gone or not (not confirmed either way)? You wanted Glynn to stay originally I seem to recall.

Is there anything, anything at all, you can say thats positive about Leicester Speedway, the success story of the sport in the past year?

Leicester Speedway a mess? In what way? If only you had any dealings within Speedway, any experience of other clubs, you would soon realise how professional Leicester is run in contrast. If you had such experience, you would really appreciate what you have, instead of knocking it at every possible turn.

According to Radio Leicester there was a bust up in the pits during last weeks meeting. So says the co-promoter anyway. Seems like Hemsley might be sticking his oar into the team again (that didn't work last time remember, he had no rapport with the riders at all). I think he maybe needs to realise that what works for him as a cycle speedway rider doesn't fit everybody else.

I also find it very odd that someone on here seems to think that sacking your old track man for comments about changing the track and then re-hiring him as team manager seems to be a perfectly normal course of action. What on earth made Glyn Taylor want to come back I don't know and you only have to look at Sheffield forums to see that Boocock really isn't that much of a boon signing these days. I've no doubt he's a genuine and honest bloke that said, and I'm sure he won't take any crap from the management either.

Despite what ballroom says re Jason's experience or lack thereof he did have a good rapport with the riders and that's as important as any tactical nouse. Last year it was a revolving rider policy now it's revolving track staff. We want a settled side, settled management and a settled season please David, if you're listening...

• Like 3

According to Radio Leicester there was a bust up in the pits during last weeks meeting. So says the co-promoter anyway. Seems like Hemsley might be sticking his oar into the team again (that didn't work last time remember, he had no rapport with the riders at all). I think he maybe needs to realise that what works for him as a cycle speedway rider doesn't fit everybody else.

I also find it very odd that someone on here seems to think that sacking your old track man for comments about changing the track and then re-hiring him as team manager seems to be a perfectly normal course of action. What on earth made Glyn Taylor want to come back I don't know and you only have to look at Sheffield forums to see that Boocock really isn't that much of a boon signing these days. I've no doubt he's a genuine and honest bloke that said, and I'm sure he won't take any crap from the management either.

Despite what ballroom says re Jason's experience or lack thereof he did have a good rapport with the riders and that's as important as any tactical nouse. Last year it was a revolving rider policy now it's revolving track staff. We want a settled side, settled management and a settled season please David, if you're listening...

The things is that if there are no changes, some fans will get rattled for DH not reacting to the situation. Promoting is a doddle, if you are not one.

• Like 1