British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
21st century heathen

#rico #makecardiffwhiteforrico - T-shirts

Many of you will already be aware but for further advertising this I make no apology for mentioning it again.

If you have a Twitter account please take a moment to post #RICO by way of tribute to Lee. In the last few days this has really taken off but more would be better. Also, myself and a few others have used our Facebook accounts to post a quick message to our non-speedway friends asking to take a moment out of their day to do the same.

Also this week we've seen the T-shirt idea go from a passing thought, to lets do it, to we're going to make this happen, to a reality whereby the T-shirts are now available online to order. I believe a supply will be available to buy at Lakeside on Friday and then as soon as can be arranged they will be available at other clubs track shops.

All the profit from the T-shirt sales will go to Lee's family so if you can possibly spare the money then please do order one. We all know times are tough so if you can't afford a T-shirt at the moment then please consider buying a cheap white T-shirt and adding the #RICO yourself with a black marker if needs be.

The real aim here, as much as it is to raise money for Lee's family, is to #MakeCardiffWhiteForRico as a tribute to Lee at the British Grand Prix this summer. Also, I think it would be great to see at the British Final if I may be so bold as to suggest it. If for example 2,000 T-shirts are sold that would be fantastic and would raise a lot of money Lee's family. But the visual effect hoped for in the stadium would not be achieved. 2,000 amongst 45,000 just wouldn't have the impact.

If we, the fans, can spend the next weeks and months pushing this #MakeCardiffWhiteForRico campaign on our personal Twitter and Facebook acounts (and any other social media you use), get the ball rolliing on our club forums and make sure our clubs get stocks of the T-shirts to sell at the club track shop as soon as possible I genuinely believe we can make this happen. Speedway fans are the best in the world and if we all pull in the same direction we can #MakeCardiffWhiteForRico

Order a T-shirt at the link below.

http://www.enjaydesigns.net/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=31

• Like 3

Hi, what a fantastic idea, I've added it to my facebook page, i hope to go to cardiff again this year, i wish you all the luck in the world with the campaign, i think it will be a very moving & emotional few hours at the British SGP this yr. We Speedway fans are definately a very passionate bunch of people.

I look forward to being at Cardiff :-)

God Bless & Good Luck!!! :t:

Certainly sounds like a plan,and if enough people support this,it really will be quite a tribute to Lee.Dont know if its possible but maybe some of our posters from Poland and the like could spread the word around,theres usually a heavy contingent from other countries at Cardiff and it would make it an even bigger tribute.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy