British Speedway Forum
stratton

All Time Favourite Tracks?

My all time favourite tracks would be Hyde rd, Swindon, The Shay, Sheffield, and Exeter.Wondered what others FEEL also King,s lynn would be right up there a great track.From today i havent been, but want to go to Redcar, and Scunny both look good exciting tracks.Newcastle i havent been since1983 would love to have a weekend there as the track now looks in great shape.Going through yesteryear didnt we have a massive variation in sizes of tracks different challenges for a rider often a rider might only visit a away track once a year.Having this variation must of been hard for riders to choose the right gearing,s (ect)

Belle Vue, Hyde Road for me. :approve: :approve: :approve:

Swindon Coventry Wimbledon Hackney West Ham Workington for me

I can see what's happening here; nostalgia appears to be taking over, and what people are doing is looking back at the way it used to be! Don't worry, I feel the same, which is why I will say Wimbledon, Hyde Rd, Hackney, and West Ham...

Sure, they were good racing tracks, but we are also thinking back to the huge crowds and the atmosphere, the mugs of Bovril, and of course, the trips to the zoo and funfair at Belle Vue... :cry:

Steve

• Like 1

The Old Perry Barr & Wimbledon, plus White City :approve:

I can see what's happening here; nostalgia appears to be taking over, and what people are doing is looking back at the way it used to be! Don't worry, I feel the same, which is why I will say Wimbledon, Hyde Rd, Hackney, and West Ham...

Sure, they were good racing tracks, but we are also thinking back to the huge crowds and the atmosphere, the mugs of Bovril, and of course, the trips to the zoo and funfair at Belle Vue... :cry:

Steve

Wimbledon you are joking?,na when you pulled up the stadium and outside looked class.A great venue mind you i always thought the place looked dark when the racing was on.Only see about 10 meetings there always enjoyed it enjoyed it when Scott Autrey won the Spring Classic there was it 79?

Steve

At least I can still get my Bovril at Newcastle. :drink: :drink:

The Drinking Smiley is the closest I could get to Bovril - the liquid is Black. :t: :t:

(Ooops - can I say that?)

Wimbledon you are joking?,na when you pulled up the stadium and outside looked class.A great venue mind you i always thought the place looked dark when the racing was on.Only see about 10 meetings there always enjoyed it enjoyed it when Scott Autrey won the Spring Classic there was it 79?

Doesn't matter whether the place was dark or not, Plough Lane was a superb racing track. My biggest regret is that I didn't see the 1980 England - USA Test Match (I was laid up with chickenpox), which is still regarded as one of the greatest meetings of all time. Oh, and Autrey won the Daily Express Spring Classic in 1978...

Steve

I enjoyed my Bovril ! The Shay was always good for racing and a laugh and copious amounts of ale due to local pubs closed door sessions , Swindon , Reading Racers days , KIngs Lynn and i enjoyed the short lived White City for the odd shaped track.

Exeter Ok Cradley always felt like you were about to be mugged by the aptly named Heathens Lol.

Swindon, Cradley and Kings Lynn..................hated Reading.................

RP