British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Stoke V Buxton (saturday 26th, 7pm Start)

So, Stoke take on Buxton this weekend home and away. With Rhys Naylor having been dropped and his replacement found in Liam Carr, it will be interesting to see how the meeting goes.

Line up's for both meetings (From stokepotters.co)

Stoke:

1) Ash Birks

2) Jaimie Pickard

3) Tony Atkin

4) Liam Carr

5) R/R (Richie Worrall misses both meetings due to U21 World Cup)

6) Ross Walter

7) Ben Reade

Buxton:

1) Rob Branford

2) Richard Andrews

3) Luke Priest

4) Dean Felton

5) Adam McKinna

6) Michael Neale

7) Ryan Blacklock

At home, I think Stoke by about 8. Away, no idea.

Do we know anything about Liam Carr ?

Not sure I can make Sat now, my son is at a Scout thing at Crewe Park - originally due to end at 10 - which meant I could have gone to meeting and got back in time, but now due to end at 9pm - I know it's an earlier tapes up, but I'd have to leave at 8.30 - and I doubt it'll all be over by then :cry:

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

I dont get why Naylor got dropped but they Kept Ross i think Rhys has been doing better ? ;)

How Long is Reade gonna be at reserve surely he has done enough meetings now to get an average?

How Long is Reade gonna be at reserve surely he has done enough meetings now to get an average?

3 home and 3 away are needed. Thus far, we have had 1 away. NL meetings only as far as I remember. If it is, and then 7 days from that, his first meeting in the main body (Assuming no postponements) will be the July 7th meeting against the IoW.

• Like 1

Do we know anything about Liam Carr ?

Liam rides in second halves at Berwick and imo is a massive talent. He's the best junior I've seen ride the 3rd and 4th banking round Berwick and I am sure he will do a great job for Stoke!

Good luck Liam :)

3 home and 3 away are needed. Thus far, we have had 1 away. NL meetings only as far as I remember. If it is, and then 7 days from that, his first meeting in the main body (Assuming no postponements) will be the July 7th meeting against the IoW.

Hopefully no postponements then ;) That's roughly 3 months yet the Islanders' new averages won't come into force until 27th July!

Any idea if National Trophy meetings count towards official averages?

Hope Liam does really well...deserves a chance at competitive racing , seen him at the Ashfield junior meeting last year ( atrocious conditions due to weather) he never gave up and finished 3rd overall ....I think he is a good young british prospect and will do well given the chance ....Good luck Liam :)

Liam rides in second halves at Berwick and imo is a massive talent. He's the best junior I've seen ride the 3rd and 4th banking round Berwick and I am sure he will do a great job for Stoke!

Good luck Liam :)

at last a team place liam all the best mate and soon be in the bandits team

So, not a bad meeting.

For Stoke, Birks was in a class of his own, Reade improves from week to week, and Atkin and Pickard were both solid. Walter looked quicker, and Carr impressed me a lot. Took the first ride to figure out the track but attacked it and got points that his efforts justified. Bit more experience and learning how to gate will see him do well.

For Buxton, only McKinna and, to a lesser extent, Branford really showed any form. Priest started with a couple of seconds but faded, and Felton perked up in his last ride. Neale doesn't look ready for the NL unfortunately and his bike sounded awful.

Reade improves from week to week,

How good is he looking now Vog? His scores have been really impressive this year so far.

How good is he looking now Vog? His scores have been really impressive this year so far.

He looks a completely different rider. He will be disappointed in himself losing out to Branford in heat 15, which is a measure of how far he has come. His gating has improved 10 fold, and he looks smooth and is riding good, intelligent lines during a race. He was always a trier, and he has added that little bit of extra ability. Definite trump card for us.

So, not a bad meeting.

For Stoke, Birks was in a class of his own, Reade improves from week to week, and Atkin and Pickard were both solid. Walter looked quicker, and Carr impressed me a lot. Took the first ride to figure out the track but attacked it and got points that his efforts justified. Bit more experience and learning how to gate will see him do well.

For Buxton, only McKinna and, to a lesser extent, Branford really showed any form. Priest started with a couple of seconds but faded, and Felton perked up in his last ride. Neale doesn't look ready for the NL unfortunately and his bike sounded awful.

Think you have it spot on there Vog. So pleased for Ben, his overall bike craft has improved in all departments. Liam will be/is a very good rider; for some one on his first visit to place he has to be pleased with his efforts; I, and all those in the stadium must of noticed the effort he put in. I have not seen anybody miss the gate as badly in his last race since Jason Bunyan and like Jason he raced every second of the race after that. Top notch young man.

Good to see Liam Carr chipping in with a few points last night,on his NL debut for Stoke.This move for Carr is going to bring him on as a rider,ok he may struggle at times but overall this is a great move career wise.A season or two in the NL and hopefully he will be ready to step up to the PL.