British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bruno

Cycle Speedway

thought i heard someone say at the wood last night that theres some cycle speedway on sky on saturday but i carnt find it.anyone any info?

thought i heard someone say at the wood last night that theres some cycle speedway on sky on saturday but i carnt find it.anyone any info?

Wednesfield v Birmingham in the Elite League is taking place on Saturday and being recorded for future transmission on Sky. It is not actually on TV on Saturday

Edited by oldace

Wednesfield v Birmingham in the Elite League is taking place on Saturday and being recorded for future transmission on Sky. It is not actually on TV on Saturday

thanks for that,apologies for putting it in the wrong section

British Team Cup Semi and Final today up in Hull. Ipswich, Leicester, Wednesfield and Horspath doing battle with Horspath looking to be favourite.

Big match in the BCTG Elite League next Sunday July 22nd at Harbourside Park, Poole when the current British Champion Andy Angel heads a Sheffield team against Poole/Seaview Coaches who will feature Polish champion Matiej Ganczarek. This promises to be one of the matches of the season and already the two EL matches at Poole have produced last heat deciders! Satnav setting is BH15 1TQ and racing starts at 2pm. Details via www.poolecsc.com

Coventry Cycle Speedway club stage their most attractive home match of the season tonight (Wednesday 15th August), when they face Midland League leaders Wednesfield Aces, of Wolverhampton, 7.15pm start.

The match goes ahead at Hearsall Common with Coventry looking to notch their second Midland League success of the season at division one level. They will face a stern challenge with the visitors currently uneaten all season.

Coventry team boss Steve Bromwich has a full squad of riders available, with the exception of Polish star Dominik Rycharski, currently back home in his homeland recovering from injuries sustained in the recent European Individual final.

The city side will be led by inform Polish ace Konrad Pietak. The 28 year old, in his first season of British racing, has scored freely at all tracks and he has been a key reason in the Coventry clubs` successful comeback campaign.

Coventry will have available for selection skipper Dave Frith, top second string Norman Venson and on-loan Bretford star Joe Kemp, who all missed the recent defeat at Birmingham.

The match goes ahead at Hearsall Common with Coventry looking to notch their second Midland League success of the season at division one level. They will face a stern challenge with the visitors currently uneaten all season.

Perhaps their luck will change tonight :lol:

This weekend (Bank Holiday) it is the British Championships being held at Filton and Newport. Sunday and Monday the racing will take place as Andy Angell will be looking to defend his British title as their will also be Womens Final, Under 10's and Under 16's

This weekend (Bank Holiday) it is the British Championships being held at Filton and Newport. Sunday and Monday the racing will take place as Andy Angell will be looking to defend his British title as their will also be Womens Final, Under 10's and Under 16's

Sept 2nd at Leicester, Elite League v Wednesfield - Sky TV filming the action, 14.00 start

Damn! Will have to miss that as we're on holiday. :neutral:

Sept 2nd at Leicester, Elite League v Wednesfield - Sky TV filming the action, 14.00 start

if you find out when they they are going to show it could you let us know,cheers

I'll post on here when I know details, there should be highlights of 6 matches, around 20 mins per programme. It's going out to 32 different countries the producers tell me.

The crew will be at Whitton Sports Centre on Sunday 16th Sept to film the Ipswich v Sheffield BCTG Elite League fixture which is match 5 in the TV series. Newly crowned British Champion Andy Angell will be racing for Sheffield who can expect a hard battle against the rapidly improving young Ipswich Eagles team who had a morale boosting 109-67 victory over Birmingham last week.Racing starts at 2pm - more information on British Cycling website in their cycle speedway pages.