British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bruno

Cycle Speedway

A slight update for this Saturday at Birmingham, the challenge fixture begins at 11am with the Eurovets running afterwards

A slight update for this Saturday at Birmingham, the challenge fixture begins at 11am with the Eurovets running afterwards

Any chance of some background on how the meeting went? It's a pity that there's not more Posts about cyckle speedway on this forum. I suppose it gets its coverage elsewhere?

signed -

a 1950s Brockley Boomerangs rider! :rolleyes:

Edited by Guest

Can anyone tell me, will there by any cycle speedway on Sky this winter?

I think coverage of the recent British Final from Coventry will have some highlights on Sky at some point.

Not only did the Pirates win the speedway Elite League, the Poole/Seaview Coaches "Comets" matched their achievement in the cycle speedway equivalent!
Catch the flavour on this short movie -

Excellent viewing. A great advert for cycle speedway - two well turned out teams, a neat little track, good racing. And di I hear that Sheffield had two Polish riders in their side. I thoroughly enjoyed this - it took me back to what was known as 'the skid kid' era and in the late 1950s I rode a Phillips special and was with long-forgotten London area teams Brockley Boomerangs and Welling Wings, and a couple of sides in east London based in the Beckton area.

Edited by Guest

It may be Christmas but there's much going on in the world of cycle speedway.

http://www.spokesman-online.co.uk/

However, this thread needs to be read fully. Some matters discussed in the latest Posts in regard to the trip to Australia which are recorded here may cause concern in some quarters.

http://www.spokesman-online.co.uk/worlds_2013_338.html

Edited by Guest

I know that Links regarding cycle speedway are not welcomed by all BSF members, but for those who are interested - and I am as a former 'bomb site pioneer' - here's something about the recent indoor events. The photos look good too. Enjoy.

http://www.spokesman-online.co.uk/

Just heard them mention Cycle Speedway on BBC Radio 2 sports news, and they also said there will be more on the next bulletin at 1850 today, unfortunately I shall be at the Doctors then and will miss it. With luck someone might be around and hear it and give us a full report ! Wakey Wakey Gustix, get the radio on !

Sorry but I did miss the radio programme. I would love to read what was said?

A 30 minute highlights package featuring the British Individual Final at Coventry will be featured on Sky Sports next week. Reckoned to be one of the closest and most exciting finals for many years, the screening has been timed to coincide with the start of the 2014 season as clubs open their doors to welcome newcomers to the sport. Tune in to Sports Unlimited on Sky Sports 4 on Tuesday evening at 7pm to catch the action.

• Like 1

Just to confirm - that is Tuesday March 11?