British Speedway Forum
steve19620

Kings Lynn World Cup 9 July

Hi there.

Myself and partner are considering going to King's Lynn tomorrow.

We both have tickets but are concerned whether to make the journey due to the weather.

This will involve a long drive from Cheshire and an overnight stay (a total journey of over 300 miles).

As the weather has been awful and a lot of rain has fallen we are cautious about going and attending an rain off. On the assumption the meeting would be restaged on Tuesday we would not be able to attend.

Does anybody local to King's Lynn have any idea of the condition of the track and the local weather (current and tomorrow ?).

Knowing BSI they will try to get the meeting on, but I would like to see some racing rather than a gaters paradise due to track preparation.

Any comments please ?

Not in Norfolk mate, in fact I'm only about 20miles from you. I use this for local weather and they are never far out at all,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2641181

Suggests some rain mid/late afternoon but a dry evening, I suppose it just depends how heavy the fall is but like you say every effort will be made to get it on.

In your shoes if I had to make a decision today I would go for it based on what you have. Incidentally, the forecast for the Norfolk area for today is fairly dry after 5/6pm, so the track should be ok.

Hope this helps a little but I'm sure someone in the area will reply too.

I'm 2 miles from track and today has been dry since mid morning. However I wouldn't think todays weather has any bearing on the meeting at all. Buster is well known for his ability to completely re-lay a track in a couple of hours or so.

Forecast for tomorrow is not too bad and if no one else does I'll try to update on weather in morning.

• Like 1

I so much want to see this on so fingers crossed for decent weather.

Weather updates would be greatly appreciated.. Im on my holidays near great Yarmouth and have managed a pass out to sneak back to kings Lynn .. The weather in Yarmouth has been dreadful it's rained heavy for about 12 hours but dry now.. Hopefully not to bad tomorrow

Edit : it's now raining again 10 mins after post.. I spoke too soon

Edited by psycho3a

I would hope with a meeting of this scale, the track would be covered. The meeting has to be on, after all.

• Like 1

What time does it start on monday? On the SGP website it says 7:30pm but on the Norfolk arena website it says 7! Which one is it?

What time does it start on monday? On the SGP website it says 7:30pm but on the Norfolk arena website it says 7! Which one is it?

FIM regs say start 7.30pm 1st race 7.40 pm.

I was working off the BSPA, which said 7.30pm, as I'd assumed. I've double checked on the SWC official site, and that says 19.30. I know gates open at 17.00 this year.

Tv guide and on sky last night it said 7pm so wonder if they will just be talking about teams and event 1 for half hour.

Buster wants you to get there early to spend your money.... :rofl:

Seriously though, I got there at half 6 last year and the place was heaving. Everywhere was packed. I think probably this year, it wont be that bad cos' last year we had Poland riding which brought in a lot extra local polish supporters. There expecting a crowd of approx 5000 ( bit optimistic i'd say) but the earlier you can get there will be better.

I only live half an hour away and plan to be there around 6, Late comers, car parking could be an issue, especially if it rains. Be warned...

Fingers crossed the weather should be fine and apparently has moved on from us to Sweden, more specifically near Malilla, which now has the heaviest rainfall in the whole of Europe :(

'Ghostwalker' gives a link in another thread http://www.svt.se/nyheter/sverige/mariannelund-oversvammat-av-skyfall

Google Translation of part of it

'Målilla received in respect of the most rainfall in Europe

In Målilla there have been 110 millimeters of rain over the past days. In Målilla there havebeen 110 millimeters of rain over the past days. Most in Europe.'

Back to King's Lynn, i've checked several weather sites and the concensus right now is that all should be well.

Good Luck to Scotty, Bomber, Tai and Danny tonight, its going to be tough facing the Aussies but we did finish ahead of them a few years ago to reach the final. Race-off will be very tough, so fingers crossed we do it tonight.

Hope to see the Norfolk Arena packed to the rafters, that will no doubt provide amazing support for the boys!! :drink::t:

• Like 1