British Speedway Forum
conk98

125cc Amateur Meeting

Hi we are going to are 1st amateur meeting on the 5th of August

Was just wondering what sort of standard is in the youth class we only have a Honda cj 125cc

Was told that there's not much difference in the engines that other kids use ie

The pit bike engine

Just we are getting mixed messages

We have been doing some youth grasstrack but with all the rain we have only done one meeting

And my lad just wants to ride his bike

The only thing he is worried about is looking out of place with his equipment as we have not spend 1000s of pounds

Any help would be great thanks

Get out there and ride, worry about the fashion police when he is lining up at Cardiff. All the amature mtgs we have seen have a mix of bikes and kit from League Standard through restored old bikes to practice hacks but everyone has a good time and its all great experience. If anyone asks he blew his OOR tuned custom JHR framed GP Talon wheeled bike up yesterday so just dragged this old thing out to take part, but they wont!

• Like 2

Ha ha thanks

He's just keen to ride and after looking about

Seems only a few tracks where he can

Ha ha thanks

He's just keen to ride and after looking about

Seems only a few tracks where he can

hi dont know where your based but scunthorpe have a superb mini track for the smaller bikes.Give richard hollingsworth a call,when it comes to the youngsters there brilliant.As gkp says get on and ride it,looks dont matter at this stage.enjoy your skidding.

Depends where you are but have seen 125's at Scunny, Rye, Stoke, Mildenhall, Leicester and pretty certain Northside and Redcar would be OK along with Sittingbourne and others I have forgotten, most have contacts on here and won't bite if you give them a call..........

We have an amateur meeting at Stoke Sunday, thats about 40mins away! The standard of 125 does vary, but as long as the equipment is safe theres no reason not to compete against brand new stuff, you find the lads (and girls) are at different stages of learning to ride and when learning its not about having all the best kit, you have to be able to ride before you can go fast. Lets face it when youre learning you fall off so better to have some cheap stuff than bending really expensive kit and facing a big bill!

If you want to book him in for sunday feel free, otherwise come and watch (its free to watch) and get a feel for it.

Mike 07717 573639

Ok thanks I did see this on your web site

We can't make it as he has plans with his mom

I did notice he will need the new reg rear guards

If you can let us know when your next meeting is so we can sort it out for then

We are coming to the practice on Monday

Also will he need the new silencer

Many thanks

hello im from wolverhampton , buxton are having open practice sat 21st july , only about 40mins away , good track to learn on, advertised on this site , and as for fashion take no notice just get out there and have a go!!! we all started somewhere my first bike was bits of odds and sods just collected and stuck together the main aim is to have fun!!!!!!!

• Like 1

new silencers are not needed for 125s (or any others at amateur level this year), il post on here when we do our next meeting.

Edited by Michael G

no fashion police in speedway as long as its safe take it it is scunny your are going to on the 5th great organised day and loads of racing and great atmosphere too was my first meeting and had a great time Richard will make you more than welcome

Ok thanks both

Do you have a link or number for Buxton

So I can give them a ring to book Connor in

Thavks