British Speedway Forum
Bomo1

Team Gb V Team Australia Test Match - 1st August 2012.

Popular Winners! Well Done Oz!

Popular Winners! Well Done Oz!

Any Scores please Dave??

Predictable result but hopefully a useful exercise for the younger members of the England team. I still think it was a poor idea to have this meeting at Poole given the Australian track bias. Thank god Holder wasn't riding as it could have been far worse. Good score from Nicholls. 53-39 well done Aussies.

Edited by Mark

What a race by kennett to confortably beat ward. Get in there eddie :)

In that race, Ward let Eddie go as it was more a battle between Ward and Barker!!! I can't think why??!! :wink:

Otherwise, Kennett looked woefully off the pace. while Ward was totally on it!! Not a bad meeting really and some reasonable performances by some of the 'lesser lights'.

ps. One final piece of hilarity - on the victory parade, Batchelor's air suit blew up!! :D

In that race, Ward let Eddie go as it was more a battle between Ward and Barker!!! I can't think why??!! :wink:

Otherwise, Kennett looked woefully off the pace. while Ward was totally on it!! Not a bad meeting really and some reasonable performances by some of the 'lesser lights'.

ps. One final piece of hilarity - on the victory parade, Batchelor's air suit blew up!! :D

I think Darcy had an issue with Barker almost fencing him and kept slowing hoping he was going to get a chance to return the favour, he would have been better off chasing afyer Kennett, he would probably have beat him.

Bit of a shame as meetings like this are designed with him in mind.

But that probably explains why we are so poor and it's not all down to Woffy's attitude.

At least we will give a few young guns a chance to show what they can do.

Woffy's loss is someone like Cook's gain.

I have to say that Woofy appears to have a very low pain threshhold. I noticed this as long ago as when he was riding for Rye House. It seemed like he didn't have to do much more than stub his toe to withdraw from a meeting. In other words, a very talented rider but a bit of a wimp otrherwise!

In the end, what we need is a ride of Tai's class but Robert's (Mear) toughness.

I have to say that Woofy appears to have a very low pain threshhold. a very talented rider but a bit of a wimp otrherwise!

Rubbish as the lad rode on with injury on plenty of occasions. He had his shoulder pop out just a week ago and carried on.

Ive sympathy for him missing tonight as the meeting was pointless in many ways. It was only a friendly match, to fill a void in Poole's calendar, so its no big issue he sat it out.

Woffy a bit of a wimp?!

The same Tai Woffinden who popped his shoulder out then rode in the rerun 3 mins later?!

The same Tai Woffinden who rode and won 2 rides after breaking his scaphoid in the Gary Petersen Memorial Trophy?!

The same Tai Woffinden that his ridden with pain-killing injections to cover up injuries on numerous occasions?!

You get the idea

I have to say that Woofy appears to have a very low pain threshhold. I noticed this as long ago as when he was riding for Rye House. It seemed like he didn't have to do much more than stub his toe to withdraw from a meeting. In other words, a very talented rider but a bit of a wimp otrherwise!

In the end, what we need is a ride of Tai's class but Robert's (Mear) toughness.

He rode in sweden last night which tells you everything about how meaningless this international was !!

Woffy a bit of a wimp?!

The same Tai Woffinden who popped his shoulder out then rode in the rerun 3 mins later?!

The same Tai Woffinden who rode and won 2 rides after breaking his scaphoid in the Gary Petersen Memorial Trophy?!

The same Tai Woffinden that his ridden with pain-killing injections to cover up injuries on numerous occasions?!

You get the idea

The same Tai Woffinden that really wants to ride for Australia?

Good result for the Brits away from home. Glad younger riders got a chance although not under the best circumstances with Danny and Lewis.

Edited by TrueBee

If he wanted to ride for Australia I am pretty sure he would ride for them? He is a better rider than Davey Watt or Troy Batchelor, so surely he would choose to ride for them if he wanted to?

And that is a completely different point to the one I was discussing in my post.