British Speedway Forum
Mark

2013 World Cup - Venues

Has anyone any clues as to where next years 4 events will be held ? Thanks

Think the qualis will be in Daugavpils + Miskolc....the rumour of the race-off and final being in Prague was maybe made concrete by Paul Bellamy?I didn't hear it .Not heard anything about the other two meetings

Edited by iris123

thanks,

so the Czech's would go through to the final which is an interesting thought

If the Race and final ends up in Czech Rep, the question is which of GB, Poland and DK that won't host a semi-final.

• Like 1

I thought the 2013 World Cup Final, was being held at the new belle vue track,

I thought thats why they changed the rules, so the hosts of the final are in the final,

Otherwise team GB wouldnt get in the final, and the crowd levels would be low,

I thought the 2013 World Cup Final, was being held at the new belle vue track,

I thought thats why they changed the rules, so the hosts of the final are in the final,

Otherwise team GB wouldnt get in the final, and the crowd levels would be low,

THE 2013 SWC race-off and final were originally designated for the new BV stadium but since that won't be ready in time four a trial meeting at least alternatives are now in the frame. Prague is certainly one of those as BSI and the FIM try to break the Denmark/Poland mould. But King's Lynn is not totally out of the question

simply because of the quality of racing that the track produces.

Obviously they would have to enhance the spectator facilities but I believe they have a stock car World Final there in 2013 when temporary grandstands will be installed. They could go in early and serve both events. But if there is concrete proof that Belle Vue's new stadium will be available for 2014 that would rule out a GB final next year.

Ole Olsen is not interested in staging another final just yet (at least he wasn't before Saturday's result), Sweden have just had one and Poland have enough on their plate.

Kings Lynn would be ideal for the quality of the racing it produces,

But if they havent got the spectator facilities, maybe Coventry or Poole could be used,

• Like 1

Kings Lynn would be ideal for the quality of the racing it produces,

But if they havent got the spectator facilities, maybe Coventry or Poole could be used,

No way Swindon, KIng,s Lynn and Sheffield are by far the best racing tracks left in Britain.Was always bemused why Coventry had all those British FInals ?see some good ones 1975 but also some mediocre ones too.

THE 2013 SWC race-off and final were originally designated for the new BV stadium but since that won't be ready in time four a trial meeting at least alternatives are now in the frame. Prague is certainly one of those as BSI and the FIM try to break the Denmark/Poland mould. But King's Lynn is not totally out of the question

Obviously they would have to enhance the spectator facilities but I believe they have a stock car World Final there in 2013 when temporary grandstands will be installed. They could go in early and serve both events. But if there is concrete proof that Belle Vue's new stadium will be available for 2014 that would rule out a GB final next year.

Ole Olsen is not interested in staging another final just yet (at least he wasn't before Saturday's result), Sweden have just had one and Poland have enough on their plate.

what about Gorican then? Surely it would be a better choice then Czech rep.?

That would mean Croatia would be in the final.

Philip, this goes off subject but are BV designing their new track by using another track's dimensions / measurements as a basis for success. Leicester springs to mind as a superb facility but has 'first out the gate' poor racing. I wondered who was making those decisions at BV.

That would mean Croatia would be in the final.

Philip, this goes off subject but are BV designing their new track by using another track's dimensions / measurements as a basis for success. Leicester springs to mind as a superb facility but has 'first out the gate' poor racing. I wondered who was making those decisions at BV.

Chris Morton is designing the track I think, basing it on the old Hyde Road shape, but a little smaller. Given his gating ability, I am hoping it will be a real racers track

CROATIA in the final?

Chris Morton is designing the track I think, basing it on the old Hyde Road shape, but a little smaller. Given his gating ability, I am hoping it will be a real racers track

CORRECT

THE 2013 SWC race-off and final were originally designated for the new BV stadium but since that won't be ready in time four a trial meeting at least alternatives are now in the frame. Prague is certainly one of those as BSI and the FIM try to break the Denmark/Poland mould.

Presumably it'll come down to who's prepared to pay the requested staging fee?

Ole Olsen is not interested in staging another final just yet

No mates rates available? ;)

CROATIA in the final?

I think this years SWC proved that it does not make such a big difference and that it is perhaps not a

good idea that have the host seeded direct to the final.

The crowds weren't that big (possibly weather related) and i think despite no Croatia in the final

allot of people would show up.

basically its the same question as with the joker. Is not the SWC product exciting in its own?

Do wee really need all this seeding and double points things?

Why not try to have the best teams qualify and the best teams win without jokers and seeding?

Who knows, it could be exciting. ;)

Edited by Ghostwalker