British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Final At Wolverhampton, Mon 30th July 2012

Agree, The likes of Niels and MJJ were lost and questioning there passion for speedway before Trevor revitalised there passion and desire for the hard charging sport and If he didn't do that then 2 huge talents would of been lost.

Edited by Jepsen Jensen Racing

Thats fair enough if the revenue is shared around? but it still should be held at different venues not just B FInals each year also they have already had that under 21 meeting there early in the year.

I dont actually have to hand a set of accounts & if I had I wouldn't post them on here, but yes, the money is shared around.

The whole reason the league events aren't held on neutral tracks (apart from the PL Fours, which traditionally wasn't a neutral track either) is to maximise the share out.

Clubs are invited to tender for the meetings. Spreading them around for the sake of it would reduce the share out.

"Dudley" was a good call, because, despite being the same stadium it's a different fan base to Wolves & the predominantly NL / PL field pulled a much bigger crowd than the U21 has at Lakeside in recent years.

I dont actually have to hand a set of accounts & if I had I wouldn't post them on here, but yes, the money is shared around.

The whole reason the league events aren't held on neutral tracks (apart from the PL Fours, which traditionally wasn't a neutral track either) is to maximise the share out.

Clubs are invited to tender for the meetings. Spreading them around for the sake of it would reduce the share out.

"Dudley" was a good call, because, despite being the same stadium it's a different fan base to Wolves & the predominantly NL / PL field pulled a much bigger crowd than the U21 has at Lakeside in recent years.

I can understand why it is done this way,I think King,s Lynn showed other tracks can produce a great event.Saying that Lynn have always had an awesome track and produced brilliant wtcups in the 80s onwards.For me it would be a shame if the events kept going to the same tracks but money is everything. Thats why yesteryear was far superior different tracks sizes and variation nearly every track had at least 1 big event every season but if speedway needs to do this to survive I understand that.

Tai has got to be the fave to win this although i personally would like to see harris or roynon win. X

Hopefully one day we can see the Danish championships being held at the Showground.

Slough would be better

• Like 1

Hopefully one day we can see the Danish championships being held at the Showground.

You you use the same currency as the rest of us, in this world of your own?

• Like 1

Final Line Up (per BBC Radio WM broadcast from tonight's Dudley v Scunthorpe meeting).

1 Robert Mear

2 Eddie Kennett

3 Adam Roynon

4 Richard Lawson

5 Tai Woffinden

6 Stuart Robson

7 Danny King

8 Scott Nicholls

9 Ben Barker

10 Simon Stead

11 Craig Cook

12 Lewis Bridger

13 Josh Auty

14 Ricky Ashworth

15 Olly Allen

16 Chris Harris

For those of us of a certain vintage this lineup is so depressing, and sums up why we are the poor relation in world sppeedway at the present time.

• Like 2

I personally would love to see the days of Sunday at Coventry return but because of Poland that wont happen anytime soon. That aside, I'd like to see it staged on a Saturday (allowing more people a chance to go) and at more Neutral track. Brum, Leic, P'boro, Sheff, somewhere fairly middle of the country and with good facils.

They really should push for a big sponsorship and make a real 'event' of it. Seeing as we're not going to have a world champion anytime soon, might as well make the most of our national championship...

For those of us of a certain vintage this lineup is so depressing, and sums up why we are the poor relation in world sppeedway at the present time.

Just had a conversation with my father about that. I remeber sitting on the steps at coventry in 1985 as a wee lad (no seats left!) and the quality of line up was unreal. How times have changed!

Bar Richard Lawson, The rest of this field is pathetic.

Why do you want him stopped from riding?? Thought you were a fan??....oh hold on, fans are cool :)

totally agree i can remember going to british finals in the seventies where the reserves were stronger than any of the riders here! Peter Collins only won it once and that was down to the strength of the fields in that era.

• Like 1

I think i see what you are trying to say but its not depressing its reality, so not all are EL/BL standard but the Elite League is far from Elite and is made up mostly of foreigners and PL riders some of whom are not even heat leaders...no offence intended to any riders.

Is this a joke lol. Would take roynon and auty over lawson anyday. I think its a good line up

No mention at all of Craig Cooke. The Mighty Monarchs number 1. Top PL avg and scoring well for Belle Vue in the EL not to mention the similarity in the Wolves and Edinburgh tracks with the same world class track curator at both.