Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Final At Wolverhampton, Mon 30th July 2012

So, 6 GP riders plus Darcy Ward and Iversen etc. and you say it was an average line-up? Now I think you're being a little unfair. And to answer your question my answer is I don't know but he would have had the same riders to beat so no reason why not. It hasn't always been at Wolves of course and he really should have won 8 times as only an EF in 2004 gave the title to Joe Screen.

I see your point but has the meeting been shared around? No If the semis had been at different venues some riders had got a bit confidence maybe took it too the next round who knows.?This year I know the weather has been diabolical, but seeded through to the final a joke I think and the final at Wolves well that is a joke.People like Ashworth, Auty, are decent riders put NIcholls and Woffinden at different venues there class prob would be enough but at different venues there would be more shocks.If a British final was at Owlerton would Ashworth and Auty have chances.? Yes more so where is the British final next year? Please not Wolves or Coventry.

Maybe I dont see the problems in the sport , maybe I do but see the glass half full but I loved the trip down from Preston to Monmore Green , picked me pal up up in Kiddy , parked in the wrong place and virtually in the pit paddocks , had a dodgy burger ( well two actually ) , got back home at 1am but with a smile as large as Preston Bus Station ..... Roll on the GP in 13 days and a stop in Newport

Love the sport , yeah we are miles behind others nations but I still love it :)

is Nicholls Britains best ever rider?

The record books show this.

Yeah, and if Bunyan wins a couple more NZ titles he'll be the greatest ever NZ rider :rolleyes:

He would of won none in my opinion,up to 1974' the level was immense Briggo,Ivan, MIrac(ect).From 1975 through the PC Lee Jessup,Simmo,Carter years it was a world class meeting.As you said macca you can only beat what is in front of you in the era you are in.

That was my first instinct too. But Nicholls is arguably a better rider than Bastable, Andy Grahame and Evitts, all of whom took the title in the 80s, so I don't think you can rule out that he would have won at least one - no way would he have won seven though.