British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside V Belle Vue 3/8/12

What someone lost the lot?

Well done Lakeside, Sorry we didn't really give you a match.

It is getting to the point where home promoters should only charge £10 when you ride against us to entice anyone to come. We are a decent PL side, nothing more. And the PL is not where Belle Vue should be.

I wouldn't be too hard on the Aces. Paddy looked good and Artur inflicted the only defeats on both our top two and was very sharp once he had got his setup right. Then, you were without your DU riders of choice. Add to that, Rory must be feeling the pressure to win every race in which he competes.

There are weaker teams out there just now so keep the faith.

• Like 1

A solid but unexceptional performance by Lakeside, who had a few mistakes and weaknesses that we can't afford against stronger teams, mostly due to some mediocre gating at times. On the other hand all of the Hammers scored and there were no seriously weak links in individual scores

Kim Nilsson who rode so well against Wolves a couple of weeks ago with some excellent passes was now getting into a passing position but not managing to complete the job, while on at least one occasion getting passed himself.The for some reason there was a lot of round-the-white-line follow-the-leader stuff from the lower order riders although there was plenty of grip around the outside for those who wanted it as proved by Watt, PK , Hougaard, and to a lesser extent Kauko.

Once again Davey was quite brilliant, splitting the team riding pair of Schlein and Mroczka in heat 13 and his last-to-second ride to join PK for a 5-1 in heat 15 was absolutely top drawer.

For the Aces I thought Paddy Hougaard did really well, in fact the best I've seen him ride. He was both brave and spectacular and his style and aggression reminded me of a young Joe Screen.

Rory just seems like a rider that is getting worn down from carrying the team for too long. He desperately needs a quality heatleader in support next year to take some of the pressure off.

So Lakeside get the 3 points they needed but there's a little bit of tweaking up to be done before the stronger teams come .

• Like 1

Gosh - bet you're thinking why has someone 'bumped' this thread back into the frame?!

It's because I have a question which I suspect only a Lakeside devotee there that evening could even attempt to answer!

Before the EL match a rider who was staying with Justin Sedgmen (an Aussie therefore I assume...) came out for a few practice laps on Justin's bike..

Anyone know who this was by any chance..?

You should be aware that not too many Lakeside fans seem to bother with the BSF!!! :approve:

You should be aware that not too many Lakeside fans seem to bother with the BSF!!! :approve:

Or that we only post when we have something meaningful to say! ;)

• Like 1

Gosh - bet you're thinking why has someone 'bumped' this thread back into the frame?!

It's because I have a question which I suspect only a Lakeside devotee there that evening could even attempt to answer!

Before the EL match a rider who was staying with Justin Sedgmen (an Aussie therefore I assume...) came out for a few practice laps on Justin's bike..

Anyone know who this was by any chance..?

Dear me that's asking a lot after two years. Not at all sure but at guess I would say possibly Hunter Anderson who came over with his dad and bought Paul Hurry's bikes I think. Also spent some time working in PK 's pit, but this as I say is only as guess.

• Like 1