Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I would have slight reservations if NKI qualified, how many riders have had 1 exceptional year and gone back to being average the year after? It probably will not happen but who's to know.

I take it you must be one sour Panthers fan not having him at the showground this year let's face it Kenneth ain't gonna be in the GP's next year
  • Like 1

I have never seen a speedway meeting at Peterborough. You must be one paranoid Kings Lynn fan going from that post.

Anyone who qualifies deserves their place. Surely that is the point of having a qualification system.

If Pavlic gets in on the track in his backyard then he deserves his place as he got it through a qualifier.

Harris and the Brit question is different as Chris usually whines himself a place and frankly it's time it stopped for our little island nation.

We have no riders capable of challenging for an SGP title and we are probably so far behind the rest we will have landed on Mars before we find one. If we keep getting these pity picks then we will never find the will to try and even deserve a place in the series.

The cold hard truth is Britain is a speedway backwater and there are plenty of nations producing top class riders than us.

We have no riders on the horizon that will progress to the Polish, Swedish, Danish or any of the other top European leagues.

Our riders cannot make the sport pay here let alone over there.

Look at Steady he is a part time speedway rider and one of our top lads.

How are people like Auty and Cook going to make that step up?

Mostly they will level out at PL heat leader and maybe bit player in the EL.

Our top man (prospect wise) learned the ropes in Australia.

Where are the riders of his caliber learning their trade here?

A big fuss was made about the 'quality' of the British Final.

How many of that lot ride in the top leagues.

Even the British Champion only rides in division one in Poland.

We need to be absent from SGP just to wake us up a bit as to how far we have fallen this last 20/30 years.

Only then might we attempt to do something about it.

We need to be absent from SGP just to wake us up a bit as to how far we have fallen this last 20/30 years.

Only then might we attempt to do something about it.

My thoughts exactly. I'd rather have no British representative for a couple of years, have a decent couple of SGP series with much better riders, to have a brit join in later on who can actually mount a serious challenge

just watching our men going through the motions is painful, degrading and detracts from the event itself.

Edited by Dave_Minall

DON'T forget that Pavlic has already been knocked out of the qualifiers but gets a second chance as a wild card.

I can't see why he won't get a pick to be honest. He's already proved that he can hack it in the GPs.

EDIT: I now realise that I was thinking of Martin Vaclulik... that's what you get for posting on these forums when you're supposed to be working

Edited by Dave_Minall

DON'T forget that Pavlic has already been knocked out of the qualifiers but gets a second chance as a wild card.

Let's face it, Pavlic has been given a Wildcard for the Challenge in Croatia, because of his nationality. Who are we to complain when someone else uses his place of birth, to gain a charity pick for a GP event?

David Minall has hit the nail on the head, until our riders fight for a place in the series, we will forever remain a bit of a joke at this level.

In fairness to Nicholls, he accepted his exit from the GP's with dignity. He realised he wasn't good enough and vowed to only return to the series, if he qualified by right. I fear Harris is so delusional, he will whine all winter if the organisers have the audacity to boot him out.

Instead he should use it as a reality check, sort his machinery out, try to up his game in all leagues and actually qualify. Maybe the confidence of working for his place might give him the neccessary confidence in the series proper.

JT.

I have never seen a speedway meeting at Peterborough. You must be one paranoid Kings Lynn fan going from that post.

I follow speedway all around the world and want see the best in the GP's and if you were to put the Swedish Polish and Elite league averages together NKI is one of the top if not thee top riders this year so he deserves to be in it and yes I do attend Kings Lynn but anyone that knows me they know I am a speedway fan and attend many other tracks sounds to me as though you consider to be be a very clever person without attending to many meetings you must either be MJJ's father or live in the south

I follow speedway all around the world and want see the best in the GP's and if you were to put the Swedish Polish and Elite league averages together NKI is one of the top if not thee top riders this year so he deserves to be in it and yes I do attend Kings Lynn but anyone that knows me they know I am a speedway fan and attend many other tracks sounds to me as though you consider to be be a very clever person without attending to many meetings you must either be MJJ's father or live in the south

I never doubted the fact that NKI was one of the world's best this season though, I simply stated that if he was to qualify then hopefully this season won't be a one-off and he can compete in the GPs. He would be a lot more exciting than some of the riders in there now.

That seems pretty unfair as he'll have riddden 100's of laps on his dads track. Why a wild card in a meeting of this nature, it does not make sense ?

That seems pretty unfair as he'll have riddden 100's of laps on his dads track. Why a wild card in a meeting of this nature, it does not make sense ?

EXACTLY what we have said in SS this week. GP Challenge doesn't and shouldn't require a wild card.

I take it you must be one sour Panthers fan not having him at the showground this year let's face it Kenneth ain't gonna be in the GP's next year

Do you remember the two previous seasons. In 2010, Janusz Kolodziej dominated both the Swedish and Polish leagues.

Basically in the same way as NKI this season. In 2011 Janusz was like totally different rider far from his 2010 form.

I do know JK had a nasty crash early in the season but the point is that even if a rider is having a good season allot

can change over the winter. The same goes for the opposite as well of course. Another example is Bjerre who only were 9points

from 4th place last season. Then this season he have had allot of problems finding his form.

Edited by Ghostwalker

EXACTLY what we have said in SS this week. GP Challenge doesn't and shouldn't require a wild card.

As I said before I can see your point, but surely the principle is largely the same as having 4 nominations i.e economics, though the nominations can help injured riders retain a place (as they did for Emil this year).

How many tracks would run the GP challenge without the guarantee of a home rider?

• Like 1

I think Vaculik should be in there on merit...........how many other riders have gone out and won their first ever GP............he has proved he can hold his own............others I have no idea but I still maintain there are no British riders that are consistant enough to be in the GP series full time.............

Give it a few years and we will be up there with the best again............

RP

PS did I read somewhere that Craig Cook is one of the reserves for Cardiff????????

PS did I read somewhere that Craig Cook is one of the reserves for Cardiff????????

Yes u did. Dont think its been officially released yet but Cook told Edinburgh crowd on Friday that he will wear the number 18 race jacket. Would assume it would be Woffy or Barker for the 17 jacket.