Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

There will always be a british rider in the gp series i think thats obvious. I dont agree with it but it will not be allowed to happen without a brit in there. Personally i want to see the best 16 riders in the world in there and none of our riders are in that position. Lets be fair Harris has kept his place on entertainment value alone as when on song he will provide some thrills and spills. His time has come though to be replaced and it can only be Tai or Scott.

I think Ward Hampel and Vaculik are nailed on to get in as wild cards if Vaculik doesnt make the challenge qualifiers,then you are looking at Laguta next as well as Iversen. A brit doesnt deserve a place ahead of any of these riders but it would help if Vaculik and Iversen qualified from the challenge freeing up a wild card place.

Dont think it matters if there will be 4 aussies and 1 dane. You need to be good enough and if Watt qualifies via the challenge then he will deserve his spot and Ward has to be in. Try a few years back not having Sullivan or Wiltshire in there. If Nicki is the only dane then fair enough and lets be honest if Harris keeps getting wild card after wild card then maybe Bjerre if he came 9th or 10th would be in line for another go. The authorities do like to put 9th and 10th back in a lot of the time!!

Following on this is in my opinion the 15 riders i think should be in the series next year:

Nicki Pedersen

Chris Holder

Jason Crump

Greg Hancock

Emil Sayfutdinov

Tomasz Gollob

Andreas Jonsson

Jaroslaw Hampel

Fredrik Lindgren

Darcy Ward

Martin Vaculik

Gregory Laguta

Micheal Jepsen Jensen

Janusz Kolodziej

Niels Kristian Iversen or Tai Woffinden

agree/disagree?

• Like 1

CANNOT see either Kolodziej or Laguta getting a place. The former had his chance and the latter may not have done enough at true international level to warrant a pick.

There are always commercial considerations. Danish TV are an important component so if a Dane doesn't get through the Challenge can see either Iversen or Jepsen Jensen getting a chance.

Looks like two Swedes will make top eight so no need for another as a wild card especially if Lindback continues to shine in the Challenge.

At the end of the day so much is down to the Challenge. No offence but hopefully the likes of Dryml and Walasek don't have a blinder!

There should not be a wildcard in the gp challenge makes it a total joke if Pavlic gets through. Have no problem with the final being held there lets face it someone will have home track advantage where ever it is, and if Pavlic got to the challenge final on merit then of course he has the luck of it being a local track but he didnt and this is so wrong

Following on this is in my opinion the 15 riders i think should be in the series next year:

Nicki Pedersen

Chris Holder

Jason Crump

Greg Hancock

Emil Sayfutdinov

Tomasz Gollob

Andreas Jonsson

Jaroslaw Hampel

Fredrik Lindgren

Darcy Ward

Martin Vaculik

Gregory Laguta

Micheal Jepsen Jensen

Janusz Kolodziej

Niels Kristian Iversen or Tai Woffinden

agree/disagree?

I wish!

Do you remember the two previous seasons. In 2010, Janusz Kolodziej dominated both the Swedish and Polish leagues.

Basically in the same way as NKI this season. In 2011 Janusz was like totally different rider far from his 2010 form.

I do know JK had a nasty crash early in the season but the point is that even if a rider is having a good season allot

can change over the winter. The same goes for the opposite as well of course. Another example is Bjerre who only were 9points

from 4th place last season. Then this season he have had allot of problems finding his form.

How right you are but just remember he had one big crash at the first GP in Leszno and I think that took its toll on him all season

To be honest if there wasnt a regular GB rider in the series i would think twice about going to Cardiff, it's a very expensive weekend just to cheer on a wildcard. Your never know Bomber might have a blinding last few GP's lol.

is it possible that either Gollob or/and Hancock might not enter the GP's next season and just focus on league racing for remaining years of their careers

I'd like to see the challenge go back to the old way - throw in the 7 riders out of the top 8 versus 9 qualifiers. Have them race off for 5 of the spots, keep 2 for nominations (more for injured riders like Hampel than Harris cos he's a Brit).

I also think that regionalized qualifiers like the old days would be cool - Brits, Aussies, Yanks, Kiwis even an Argentinian or two in the Overseas. Those were good meetings!

• Like 2

is it possible that either Gollob or/and Hancock might not enter the GP's next season and just focus on league racing for remaining years of their careers

of course it's possible, but it won't happen

I could see Gollob retiring if he has a few bad GP's in the run in. Hancock will surely keep going as he is still on best form.

There has not ever been a World championship final or Grand Prix that has ever had the best riders in it in the final stages so why should things change

A random comment, but I think that the problem is that 15 riders is too restrictive.

I like the current format and scoring system as it rewards effort in every race, but I also liked the previous system for it's ability to have 22 permanent riders in the series, as that gave far more scope for including riders that were on the fringes, and also more scope for blooding young riders in the series and seeing how they coped.

There almost certainly wouldn't be any fuss about including a Brit if there were 22 permanent riders in the series and two wildcards per round, as there was with the previous format, would have allowed Tai into Cardiff to see how he went as well.

Whilst randomly commenting, I would also say that I think Tai should have been the wildcard for this year anyway. No disrespect to Scott, as he proved himself a worthy winner of the British Final, but is there really any point in giving him the wildcard place when he has shown he has no interest in the SGP series at the moment by not entering the qualifying rounds? Tai lost his chance in the qualifiers through injury. He deserves a chance to prove his value to the series in British GP, in my opinion.

Edited by HenryW

Well thats changed the picks, if Antonio finishes the season well still finishes ninth, has a good challenge but finishes 4th, he should get a pick. Vaculik deserves one now. So picks should be Hampel Ward Vaculik and Antonio. All depends now on the challenge and who gets through there.

Edited by smiles

Nicki Pedersen

Chris Holder

Jason Crump

Greg Hancock

Emil Sayfutdinov

Tomasz Gollob

Andreas Jonsson

Jaroslaw Hampel

Fredrik Lindgren

Hampel WC

Ward WC