British Speedway Forum

With Woffinden's attitude recently I believe it's a given that if he gets the pick & makes top 8 in 2013 he will revert to riding for Australia in the 2014 World Cup and beyond. Without any doubt.

Is that possible? If he could he would jump at the opertunity!

Easy solution as to whether MJJ or Woffinden (or another Brit in the SGP) gets a 2013 SGP pick. You could simply get rid of the Wild Card and t

hen you could fit in MJJ and a Brit into the 2013 SGP if you wanted too.

or don't give it to anyone of them but to Grigorij Laguta. ;)

Edited by Ghostwalker

Good call, I can't see why Grigorij Laguta won't get a mention for a wild card. He deserve one as much as they do.

I rather see a GP series where all riders qualify on merit like in the old days, but I'm afraid I personally can't see this ever happening again.

The word on the Polish forums is that the 4 wild cards will be Ward,Woffinden.Jepsen Jensen and grigory Laguta.No place for Hampel Still to be confirmed thou. Edited by New Science

The word on the Polish forums is that the 4 wild cards will be Ward,Woffinden.Jepsen Jensen and grigory Laguta.No place for Hampel Still to be confirmed thou.

HAMPEL is the one you can bet your house on ...

AS I have said more than once, Hampel was told several weeks ago to 'prepare for 2013'... Hampel is IN!

The others, I expect to be:

Ward

Woffinden

Vaculik

Hi folks, we're here in Torun and word going round is that there could be another SGP star retiring from the series in 2012. I hope not :(

Edited by deadmau5

Gollob? He seems to have lost some of his edge this year. Greg seems to be enjoying his speedway too much at the moment and still a contender, reckon he'll have another year, possibly two in the GP's.

The word on the Polish forums is that the 4 wild cards will be Ward,Woffinden.Jepsen Jensen and grigory Laguta.No place for Hampel Still to be confirmed thou.

Hopefully "the word" is well and truly wrong. If Woffinden gets in over Hampel and Vaculik I'll be staggered (and disgusted).

• Like 1

Hi folks, we're here in Torun and word going round is that there is going to be another SGP star leaving the series for 2013 - so, looks like it's not just Crump saying goodbye tomorrow. Also, they'll be a nice 'farewell' token for Crump.

So if its a member of the top 8 then the 10th place replaces them (as 9th is replacing Crump).... lets just hope Harris doesn't overhaul Andersen then :rofl::blink:

So if its a member of the top 8 then the 10th place replaces them (as 9th is replacing Crump).... lets just hope Harris doesn't overhaul Andersen then :rofl::blink:

Why not? At least he will have qualified then.

CANNOT say that rumour has reached my ears. Top eight (minus Crump) seemed pretty intent upon receiving their info packs re the 2013 NZ GP.

Perhaps they are talking about Bjarne Pedersen who has already said this will be his last GP as well.

BY the way, Crumpie has already said he doesn't want a big fuss and that everyone's attention should be on the winner of the 2012 World Championship.

• Like 1

I do hope that Woffinden doesn't get the nod, for the 2013 GP series. I don't even consider him to be a Brit, he only chose to ride for Great Britain as he thought it would be a fast track and the easiest way to get into the GPs. He hasn,t even managed to be British Champion, and if he can't beat Harris and Nicholls to that, what chance is he going to have of winning anything at GP level. I would rather we didn't have a representative than another no hoper.

Edited by woodenspoon
  • Like 5

I do hope that Woffinden doesn't get the nod, for the 2013 GP series. I don't even consider him to be a Brit, he only chose to ride for Great Britain as he thought it would be a fast track and the easiest way to get into the GPs. He hasn,t even managed to be British Champion, and if he can't beat Harris and Nicholls to that, what chance is he going to have of winning anything at GP level. I would rather we didn't have a representative than another no hoper.

Absolutely agree, we havent got anyone good enough, and they should have to qualify, likewise for Ward, he hasn't ridden in the GP Qualifiers, so why should he be entitled to a Wild Card in favour of someone else. Be gutted if Vacilik & Hampel get overlooked in favour of Ward & Woofinden.