British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Mildenhall V The Heathens

With so many riders missing, this fixture needs to be re-scheduled ASAP.

Wow, could be an interesting fight for guests, considering Stoke are also riding that day, also Worrall would be unavailable.

Looking at it, Irving and Garrity are the best shouts, but even so, they won't do what Roynon/Heeps could do!

With the meeting being run last week in less than ideal conditions, I imagine they are running really short on free dates. (Still NT to slot in, aswell) I can't see it being called off because both teams have a few riders missing. It's a regular occurence with the National League, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Wow, could be an interesting fight for guests, considering Stoke are also riding that day, also Worrall would be unavailable.

Looking at it, Irving and Garrity are the best shouts, but even so, they won't do what Roynon/Heeps could do!

and I imagine Jayne will be looking for a guest that day for Charles wright.

The Leicester article in Speedway Star appears to back up the Heathens argument. They state that agreement was made with Mildenhall (and also Workington) to move the start times on the 19th August - Mildenhall to start at 3pm and Leicester at 7.30pm - to enable the three riders in question to do both meetings.

From the Leicester website:

http://leicesterlions.co/2012/07/

Fixture amendments

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 | Fixtures, News

Beaumont Park will host the inaugural Midland Development League Riders’ Championship Final when the top riders from the seven clubs will compete for the title. The event is planned for Friday 28th September with a 7.30pm start.

A new staging date of Sunday 19th August for the recently abandoned rain-off meeting against the Workington Comets has been agreed between the two clubs which will now become the 2nd leg of the Knock-out Cup Quarter Final. The meeting will start at 7.30pm to allow Lions rider Lewis Blackbird to compete earlier in the afternoon for Mildenhall before making his way to Leicester for the cup tie.

A new date has been agreed for the Premier League fixture that was rained-off in May. Leicester will now visit Edinburgh on Friday 21st September.

With the meeting being run last week in less than ideal conditions, I imagine they are running really short on free dates. (Still NT to slot in, aswell) I can't see it being called off because both teams have a few riders missing. It's a regular occurence with the National League, unfortunately.

A few riders LOL, you are talking 5 out of 14, by my reckoning thats more than a third, I have an idea who we will use to cover Adam :wink: RR for Ash and an un attached 3 pointer for Tom we will get by, but the meeting will be de-valued.

As an aside to all of this, Chris Louis <Mildenhall> Nigel Pearson <Heathens> work alongside each other at Sky, i am sure an amicable agreement can be reached, but it does seem to me, there is no way this meeting can be ridden on this day.

there is no way this meeting can be ridden on this day.

Of course there is,use 3 pointers like other sometimes have to,give them a chance you may just get rewarded

• Like 2

Of course there is,use 3 pointers like other sometimes have to,give them a chance you may just get rewarded

I for one am not prepared to make a 300+ mile round trip to watch what in effect will be a total farce with the top 5 riders missing. I am a supporter of the U16's and will give every encouragement to up and coming riders, but this is a NL fixture NOT a junior meeting. And I know that I am not on my own here. Its a shame that someone doesnt realise that this will hit them where it hurts - in the pocket. Edited by villiers210

Maybe if the team that finished 1st were actually crowned league champions then no doubt this fixture would be important, as it is both teams will make the play offs, so what matter who wins, which is a stupid state of affairs for a league with only 8 teams.If and its a big if,that we must have play offs in the NL, then make it between the top two, at least that way it's only a quarter of the league rather than the half that it is at present, while they are at it, change the having to ride 3 home and 3 away rule before you get an average to two rides home and away.

• Like 1

• Maybe if the team that finished 1st were actually crowned league champions then no doubt this fixture would be important, as it is both teams will make the play offs, so what matter who wins, which is a stupid state of affairs for a league with only 8 teams.If and its a big if,that we must have play offs in the NL, then make it between the top two, at least that way it's only a quarter of the league rather than the half that it is at present, while they are at it, change the having to ride 3 home and 3 away rule before you get an average to two rides home and away.
    While I do agree with some of the comments you make, it does matter who finishes top as they have choice of who they face in the play off semi's.

I for one am not prepared to make a 300+ mile round trip to watch what in effect will be a total farce with the top 5 riders missing. I am a supporter of the U16's and will give every encouragement to up and coming riders, but this is a NL fixture NOT a junior meeting. And I know that I am not on my own here. Its a shame that someone doesnt realise that this will hit them where it hurts - in the pocket.

Dont pick prem league riders then,simples!!!!

It happens,hence why there is play offs,look at Scunny last year,not sure if even once we had a full team out,but come the play offs we did

• Like 1

Morris wasnt a prem league rider at strt of season, problem here is midly suddenly changing start time wen agreed a 3 start, win at all cost midly if u really wanna win like that.

It happens,hence why there is play offs,look at Scunny last year,not sure if even once we had a full team out,but come the play offs we did

Here we go again!!! I have been to all but 3 Heathens matches this year both home and away. I am not bothered about having a rider missing from a match. But all 3 heat leaders from one team and 2 from another?????? . And stil, nobody has answered the question as to why the start time cannot be moved forward. Or is the answer just so plainly obvious?