British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Taylorj

Plymouth V Workington - 10/08/12 Pl

Well 20mins to tapes up and not a thread :blink: well seen I can't get on here at work anymore , haha!!

Comets to take at least a point , only really Barker and Fisher to stop them .

Come on Comets stay safe, stay away from Fisher ;) and bring something back up north with you

Congrats to Ben Reade on his first PL heat win! Will do his confidence the world of good!

• Like 2

I know its all about finishing in top 6 but my opion is its a point dropped we need to be able to finish these teams off away from home. First Newcastle (LC) Glasgow (PL) Newcastle (PL) now tonight,

Well done boys, 2 points a good result , but have to agree with everyone else, why did they put Mason in 15 too much pressure for the lad should have been Rene :blink: .could have been 3 points

Another big thank you to Mason Campton a very professional guest , hope to see you back guesting a Comets bib very soon :t:

Play offs place looking abit better still thats another 2 points on the road for the lads thats what its all about keep chipping away Comets well done everyone, thanks again to guest Mason Campton

Hope Roynos ok after the Barker incident......

Well done lads another 2 points in the bag

• Like 1

Play offs place looking abit better still thats another 2 points on the road for the lads thats what its all about keep chipping away Comets well done everyone, thanks again to guest Mason Campton

Hope Roynos ok after the Barker incident......

He was straight up and won the re-run, beating Fisher in the process. Barker's move was reckless and as far as I could see the exclusion decision was correct.

Gathercole's superb last to first in heat 9 was upstaged by Reade's win in heat 14, only to upstaged itself by Barker's brilliant ride in heat 15. He and Fisher were outgated by Roynon, Barker going past on the outside on lap two. He then pinned Roynon to the inside and slowed the race down, allowing Fisher to get round the outside. Team riding of the highest quality.

He was straight up and won the re-run, beating Fisher in the process. Barker's move was reckless and as far as I could see the exclusion decision was correct.

Gathercole's superb last to first in heat 9 was upstaged by Reade's win in heat 14, only to upstaged itself by Barker's brilliant ride in heat 15. He and Fisher were outgated by Roynon, Barker going past on the outside on lap two. He then pinned Roynon to the inside and slowed the race down, allowing Fisher to get round the outside. Team riding of the highest quality.

Hi HT,

A pleasure, as always, to meet you last night.

Barker's exclusion in 13 was absolutely correct, going for a gap on the inside that was never there, though he didn't actually catch Adam's front wheel by much. Completely agree your summing up of 14 and 15.

I know that the Comets fans have questioned the inclusion of Campton (who was an inspired choice of guest) in heat 15, but TBH I'm not sure it would have made any difference who was riding with Barker riding as he did. Worth the entrance money for that alone.

Could someone who was at this meeting check their programme, or Speedway Star, and see if Campton replaced Morris in heat 12 please?

Could someone who was at this meeting check their programme, or Speedway Star, and see if Campton replaced Morris in heat 12 please?

Taken from speedway updates

Heat 12: Bach, Morris, Reade, Gathercole(F) 53.00; 1-5, 35-37

Line Up: Gathercole, Reade, Bach, Morris

Taken from speedway updates

Heat 12: Bach, Morris, Reade, Gathercole(F) 53.00; 1-5, 35-37

Line Up: Gathercole, Reade, Bach, Morris

Thanks, but I'm not sure that's correct. Can anyone confirm please?