British Speedway Forum
Brooksy

Somerset V Berwick Friday 17th Aug.

I`d have a shilling on Aspergren in the old red and blue next season, if Sam and Jason take the expected move "down" to the Elite League.Nice cameo from him last night.

I`d have a shilling on Aspergren in the old red and blue next season, if Sam and Jason take the expected move "down" to the Elite League.Nice cameo from him last night.

If they had the foresight to fit a brush to Aspegren's dirt deflector in the last race he could have cleaned the kickboards at the same time. Awesome ride but i think he wanted a bigger track! I actually missed Wrighty getting by Robson as I was watching the front two. Considering the rain that hit the track on Thursday and Friday morning Ez and his team produced a great track for racing.

Wrighty is getting that motor he used serviced for next Friday so i hope it comes back just as good if not better as he looked superb last night. Doyley was that good I hardly noticed he was there as he came within half a wheel of a paid max. Jesper was solid as was Alex, as he always seems to be lately. Sarjeant and Wilko gave full effort for which they should be applauded but we did miss Kyle and Tom at reserve and their scoring power. R/R for Sam didn't bring us as many points as he would have had i reckon either. Another 3 points though for the Rebels and back to the top of the League.

For Berwick Robson, Bellego and Alden may have only scored 5 each but if effort was rewarded that tally would have been doubled for each of them. Dyer's score flattered him as he only beat reserves and his team mates but if that was the first meeting back then he will be a good signing. Aspegren was excellent after his first ride blip and is spectacular to watch. I guess he will be a man in demand next season. Jakobsen looked woeful and i can't see him being in the team much longer, not the rider he was. The only downside to Berwick is Dick Barrie. I pity the Berwick fans who have to put up with that each week, 2 minutes of him last night was too much for me!

A good win for the Rebels last night despite three regulars missing. Aspregren had the last laugh with a couple of stunning 'round the boards' wins. However I get the feeling that this could be the year that Somerset win the pairs. Wrighty is in his best form at home and with the prolific Doyle could pull it off.

Never mind this praise for a GOOD win, was it AWESOME. :P

Never mind this praise for a GOOD win, was it AWESOME. :P

Wasn't bad ;)

• Like 1

If they had the foresight to fit a brush to Aspegren's dirt deflector in the last race he could have cleaned the kickboards at the same time. Awesome ride but i think he wanted a bigger track! I actually missed Wrighty getting by Robson as I was watching the front two. Considering the rain that hit the track on Thursday and Friday morning Ez and his team produced a great track for racing.

Wrighty is getting that motor he used serviced for next Friday so i hope it comes back just as good if not better as he looked superb last night. Doyley was that good I hardly noticed he was there as he came within half a wheel of a paid max. Jesper was solid as was Alex, as he always seems to be lately. Sarjeant and Wilko gave full effort for which they should be applauded but we did miss Kyle and Tom at reserve and their scoring power. R/R for Sam didn't bring us as many points as he would have had i reckon either. Another 3 points though for the Rebels and back to the top of the League.

For Berwick Robson, Bellego and Alden may have only scored 5 each but if effort was rewarded that tally would have been doubled for each of them. Dyer's score flattered him as he only beat reserves and his team mates but if that was the first meeting back then he will be a good signing. Aspegren was excellent after his first ride blip and is spectacular to watch. I guess he will be a man in demand next season. Jakobsen looked woeful and i can't see him being in the team much longer, not the rider he was. The only downside to Berwick is Dick Barrie. I pity the Berwick fans who have to put up with that each week, 2 minutes of him last night was too much for me!

Dick has been a little subdued the last couple of weeks for some reason :D:wink:

Dick has been a little subdued the last couple of weeks for some reason :D:wink:

Sedated rather than subdued would be better.

Actually Nicki has never raced Somerset in a 2nd half for the Vikings. The closest he got was when we visitied in October 2009 but did not ride after his bike caught fire whist warming it up. He has done an open meeting there last year and scored about 4 points.

Seem to recall he has done second halves here before (maybe not for the Viking side then), but I may be wrong.

Can't see Doyley leaving, his Elite League average will be mammoth too. Seems crazy to be talking about next year already but Doyle, Aspegren, Newman and Perry are must haves already as far as I'm concerned. Alex Davies seems to be coming good now after a fine run of scores last weekend and looked pretty sharp last Friday.

Fantastic pics as always Ian - Especially the ones of James Wright in heat 3, awesome.

Edited by Najjer

Seem to recall he has done second halves here before (maybe not for the Viking side then), but I may be wrong.

Can't see Doyley leaving, his Elite League average will be mammoth too. Seems crazy to be talking about next year already but Doyle, Aspegren, Newman and Perry are must haves already as far as I'm concerned. Alex Davies seems to be coming good now after a fine run of scores last weekend and looked pretty sharp last Friday.

Your coming good at the right time, you really need to keep it going and keep Newcastle under presure. imo you have the best Team in the league when everybodys firing.

Your coming good at the right time, you really need to keep it going and keep Newcastle under presure. imo you have the best Team in the league when everybodys firing.

Sorry Sir I did not realise that you are a Speedway guru what date do you start working with Sky Sports because like Pearson & Tatum your infinite knowledge of Speedway is making you look a right pratt