British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Edinburgh Pl Match Sunday 19th August 2012

Whilst I understand the frustrations,the Newcastle promotion and/or referee obviously thought this meeting could be saved,its easy to say now that the meeting shouldve been off hours ago,but with such a back log in fixtures the last thing they needed was another rain off,but its been re-sheduled now so you dont have long to wait for the re-staging.

Blame Groupon lol :)
  • Like 1

absolute joke - after ringing track and been told its still on at 6pm, get there and see the track mega wet and the blade scrapping the top slurry away, along with constant rain all day it was never going to be on imo, theres no way the riders would slide into the corners and vision would be nil. apart from the financial hit we had no nedermark and poorish reserve cover so its probably a godsend it was off as we may have lost to a revitalised monarchs side.

Rain all day? From lunchtime on and off until a big downpour at 6.15ish which put the meeting off.

As far as 'we may have lost', the Monarchs were to have a patched up Theo Pijper and Luke Chessell and Steven Jones at reserve (and with all due respect to them) Edinburgh were 'there for the taking' as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Rain all day? From lunchtime on and off until a big downpour at 6.15ish which put the meeting off.

As far as 'we may have lost', the Monarchs were to have a patched up Theo Pijper and Luke Chessell and Steven Jones at reserve (and with all due respect to them) Edinburgh were 'there for the taking' as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with you Abbott but the rearranged fixture in 8 days may see better riders at reserve for us and a stronger Monarchs side. I hope better riders will be more entertaining. which is what I pay my season ticket money for.

Anyway, the 5 diamonds and a couple of friends will be more than a match for the Monarchs. I'm not worried about the restaging but will hope for good guests to watch as we blow away this challenge

chip.... shoulder......limp.......twitcher........loser

Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness!

I hope you find help soon - all the best.

It might have started raining heavily at 6.15 but it was raining steadily long before that. I live less than a mile from Brough and it rained all afternoon save for about an hour. Ok most of that was light rain but having watched many a match when it drizzles with rain it doesn't take much for the track to become unraceable. Understand the need to try and get it on given the backlog of fixtures, cut offs for play-offs etc but consideration for people travelling has to be a factor even against regional opponents and that meeting was never going to start in those conditions.

I travelled to Brough from Sunderland more in hope than expectation of some Speedway. Despite the very hard work of the Track Staff the Meeting was called off. I totally agree with the decision - it is not worth seeing someone seriously hurt to run a Speedway Meeting in the Weather/Track conditions that were appertaining today.

It could have been called off earlier - but it was obvious that both of the Promotions wanted to get the Meeting run.

I only hope the Groupon Ticket Holders (me) will return for the re-staging.

It might have started raining heavily at 6.15 but it was raining steadily long before that. I live less than a mile from Brough and it rained all afternoon save for about an hour. Ok most of that was light rain but having watched many a match when it drizzles with rain it doesn't take much for the track to become unraceable. Understand the need to try and get it on given the backlog of fixtures, cut offs for play-offs etc but consideration for people travelling has to be a factor even against regional opponents and that meeting was never going to start in those conditions.

Yes, indeed, it may have rained all afternoon, but 'Pablo' in his/her post said it had rained 'all day'. I was mearly pointing out that it hadn't rained 'all day' as 'all day' includes the morning (at least it does in my eyes!).

We interviewed Ludvig for the DVD at about 5.45pm and he said that that track was 'fantastic' and should be fine 'providing it stops raining'. The trouble being of course it didn't look like it was going to stop raining, which is the main bug-bear in all of this.

Edited by The Abbott

Yes, indeed, it may have rained all afternoon, but 'Pablo' in his/her post said it had rained 'all day'. I was mearly pointing out that it hadn't rained 'all day' as 'all day' includes the morning (at least it does in my eyes!).

We interviewed Ludvig for the DVD at about 5.45pm and he said that that track was 'fantastic' and should be fine 'providing it stops raining'. The trouble being of course it didn't look like it was going to stop raining, which is the main bug-bear in all of this.

I was at the track virtually allday with the training and, after starting the session late at 1.15pm, it started to rain fine drizzle at about 1.50. After a quarter of an hour or so, we decided it was set in then, and we closed up. At that time the track was good and Jonny went around with the grader to mix any water and aerate it to make the track more consistant. The actual rain that fell was below what had been forecast on about 3 of the 5 weather forecast sites that I use regularly.

Cannot believe the comments from people who were not there. We arrived at 5.30pm and they had covered the corners.Only light drizzle. Track was ok at that time just needing a bit of work. All of the riders were changed and ready to go, but subsequent heavy rain proved too much.

Promotion should be praised for doing everything possible to get the meeting on including using the covers on the corners -first time i have seen this in the premiers league

• Like 1

Regardless of the state of the track, any meeting that runs with five guests and one team short handed and using RR, cannot be good for the credibility of the sport.

• Like 1