British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tompy

Berwick V Leicester 18th August

I,for one dont feel alienated as a fan,I will support the Berwick team be they top or bottom,I will be there at every meeting and that includes wednesday.Its fair to say I dont always agree with certain decisions made by this promotion but it will not,and will never stop me going.

Its daft to even hazard a guess at next years team at this stage,we dont know the final averages,or what the points will be next season.

As I posted earlier the promotion deserve a decent crowd come wednesday,they`ve put plenty effort in,and dropped the prices,whether thats enough to tempt people I have my doubts,but you cant deny the promotion are trying,something at least.

Agree with you about the press releases,I hope this is something that can be looked at.

Good post Screm, and the highlighted point is a particulary good one.

Nobody will agree with everything a promotion does, I just seems some on here can't be happy with anything (not yourself, incidentally).

I agree, the deserve a good turnout on Wednesday.

:approve:

I think we have to face facts that three to four weeks ago on the back of an ever mounting injury list our season was over. As a team we commited a cardinal sin at the start of the season in the pure design of the team, history tells us that over the last six seasons the team that wins or goes close to winning the league has a strong reserve pairing even more important now with rolling averages and a out and out number one. We ended up by default with a out and out number one in Ricky but the rest of the team has no balance.

At this point I will put my tin hat on because like it or not the team this year was built around Lee Complin who no one can argue is Mr Entertainment around Berwick but a average second string away from home.

Agree with Emilali keep Ricky if he's happy to stay, aim to get Bellago at reserve and Robin as a second string then fill in the spaces.

Try a couple onf five pointer and see what we get before the season ends.

If Ricky out for the rest of the season believe Olly Allen looking for a Premier club and says he would love to ride for Berwick know he's on a 9.5avg but what the h*ll the season over in five weeks.

Edited by havenagotahope
  • Like 2

I think we have to face facts that three to four weeks ago on the back of an ever mounting injury list our season was over. As a team we commited a cardinal sin at the start of the season in the pure design of the team, history tells us that over the last six seasons the team that wins or goes close to winning the league has a strong reserve pairing even more important now with rolling averages and a out and out number one. We ended up by default with a out and out number one in Ricky but the rest of the team has no balance.

At this point I will put my tin hat on because like it or not the team this year was built around Lee Complin who no one can argue is Mr Entertainment around Berwick but a average second string away from home.

Agree with Emilali keep Ricky if he's happy to stay, aim to get Bellago at reserve and Robin as a second string then fill in the spaces.

If Ricky out for the rest of the season believe Olly Allen looking for a Premier club and says he would love to ride for Berwick know he's on a 9.5avg but what the h*ll the season over in five weeks.

I think you will find the Olly Allen is out injured with a broken arm, and likely to be out for the rest of the season.

Good post Screm, and the highlighted point is a particulary good one.

Nobody will agree with everything a promotion does, I just seems some on here can't be happy with anything (not yourself, incidentally).

I agree, the deserve a good turnout on Wednesday.

:approve:

In the programme against Ipswich John states Berwick had there lowest take of gate receipts, sorry for stating a fact big lad

What do you know? well thats open to debate but there are a few Berwick fans who sit rather highly on there horses on this forum knocking anyone who has an opinion after paying to watch the match. I haven't managed to encounter this on trips to away matches which could suggest that these people hide behind stage names and don't attend away matches or even better attend any matches at all.

Regarding supporting the club? Fella, it costs me nye on 80 quid per week to follow MY TEAM of course that choice is purely my own doing I'm not saying that gives me anymore of a right if for example say I lived back in Berwick. I don't know how many away matches you attend or how important Speedway is too you, maybe just an escape from work. But some people are very passionate about the Sport, why shouldn't we be?

Berwick could charge 20 quid on Wednesday I'd still be there

I seem to remember reading at the start of the season, Berwick would be in the top 6 fighting for the league title.

We had Alex and the German (or Lubos) at reserve and Jason (ex PL heatleader) or Filip (ex EL reserve) as a second string.

We also had the best top 4 in the league so I wouldn't have said the team make-up was that far away (possibly just me though).

Complin did well this season admittedly with less pressure of riding in Heat 13.

While I agree Seb is on a snip of an average for next season. I think he's been very inconsistant this year

You say built around Complin but the original team was built around what you have said in your post to be fair, Berwick with a reserve combination of Bellego/Barnfield or Edberg over the course of a season would have been a pretty strong side IMO, admittedly it is hypothetical in relation to Barnfield, but who knows he might well have been a Campton.

The side before the injury to Smith and Barnfield had a very good balance, and the idea behind the Sitera signing was the right one (I don’t think many thought he would turn out to have the season he has).

The team changed, and we got a number 1, not by default, but because of injury, which has pretty much plagued Berwicks season since a wheal has turned.

If you lose two riders before you start the season, the chances are it might well end up affecting the balance of the side.

Not a political answer btw, just thought it was something worth pointing out…..

Could someone who was at this meeting post the results of heats 3 and 5 please? Also, thank you to screm for helping me with a different meeting. :)

Could someone who was at this meeting post the results of heats 3 and 5 please? Also, thank you to screm for helping me with a different meeting. :)

From my programme Ive got.

Ht3 Bjerre,Eklof,Aspegren,Barrett 66.5

Ht5 Nieminen,Aspegren,Barrett,Makinen(f-exc) awarded

Brilliant, thank you so much for all your help. Much appreciated. :)

Any time its no bother. ;)