British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tompy

Berwick V Leicester 18th August

I think Leicester will feel they can take a point here, they wont have a better chance!

I'm hoping for a few passes between now and the season's conclusion just to keep me satisfied until March 2013

been looking up some of barretts meetings has a fairly good record came 3rd in recent danish championship behind kenny larsen and peter kildermand so hopefully that will bode well for the rest of the season good luck to him,and well done to the berwick promotion for not letting the season going to waste could have easily gone with r.r but take your hats off to them trying someone in mind for next season hope they have as much luck as the diamonds have had in recent years with there danes

• Like 1

Just seen Karlsson ride at Armadale { not very well} i think with Morris as guest and Dyer at reserve[Rode well at Berwick earlier}Berwick will just about have enough to see of Leicester hopefully and no more injuries

It was dry in Berwick overnight,but as dawn broke the clouds moved in and soon after the rain.Its been for about the last hour,right now its still very dull but the rain is nowhere near as heavy,infact it may stop very soon.This weather is forecast to move away to leave a dry bright day.

With the rain yesterday,and this morning,track conditions should be excellent with the natural watering.

Weather is far better now,suns out and the clouds are moving away,hopefully the weathers set for the rest of the day.

Looking forward to this meeting,Leicester look a handy side for Shielfield.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Still looking for a texter for this. ....anyone?

I think this match will hinge on which of the Lions heat-leaders decide to have an off night. :cry:

It must be about Nemo's turn by now. Bjerre, and Karlsson have already had their turn.

I hope Graverson can cover for whichever heat leader goes AWOL. :wink:

That was an eventful meeting. Some cracking racing. Seb and Morris going from 3rd and 4th, to 1st and 2nd within 2 laps in heat 13 was quite superb.

Morris was an extremely committed guest, very impressed.

Barrett looks to have a bit of fight about him, could be a decent signing.

I think the safety fence played a huge part in tonight's meeting. Bellego hit it back first on the 3rd bend at a fair old speed. It looked - to me - very similar to the way Jac Rempala hit it when he broke his back.

Not only did Bellego get up, he also wasn't thrown too far out and Morris was able to avoid him.

That incident alone made the £50k well spent.

Hopefully it minimised the injuries to Makinen and Dyer too.

It's a dangerous game this speedway.

Some good racing in an entertaining meeting, unfortunately yet another injury for Berwick with Dyer , he did look good until then and won heat 2 in impressive style.

Barrett looked ok and will be worth a shot next season if he gets a real average.

With only 8 meetings to go after Wednesday it would be good to use the remainder of the season to have a look at another couple of 7 point newcomers.

Using Rickys average and that of Jakobsen (who was again way off the pace tonight) we could fit them in. If we went down that route another bonus would be Bellego at reserve.

Bit of a strung out meeting tonight,understandably there delays due to injured riders,but the tractors were on far to often.

All credit to Leicester on their win,it was well deserved as they held the upper hand all night,Berwick were never infront.Positives for Berwick,well Barrett showed glimpses on his home debut that is encouraging,and Alden looked back to somewhere near his best with some thrilling passes.Negative was Claus Jacobsen,who looks so out of sorts,after last week I posted he`d be lucky to hang on to his team place,after tonight there must be question marks over his future.

For Leicester,providing nine race winners is where they won this match,Nieminen was unstoppable early though he did fade,the star was Bjerre who was excellent.while Ekolf chipped in with some vital points.Sadly Leicester lost Makinen after a Ht5 crash,hopefully his injuries are not to bad.

Any chance somebody can put up who scored what tonight please?

Thanks in advance.

Congratulating visiting teams on their win at Berwick is becoming a bit of a habit ,and one that would like to break sooner rather than later , but well done to the Lions . As for the Bandits Nick Morris was as reliable as ever as a guest , Bellago had a strange meeting with a dx , a paid win , a win & last but he's a trier and is good to watch , Nicki improved with every ride and should be on the gas on Wed night , Robin did ok , Seb to me needs to find his gating gloves as he's got plenty speed but cant make a gate atm, Micky was fine I hope will be ok ( fingers crossed ), as for Jakobsen all I can say is goodbye and dont let the door hit your arse on the way out . Anways onwards and upwards bring on the Devils