British Speedway Forum
21st century heathen

Mildenhall V Dudley Sun 19th Aug 16:30

Im also lucky in the fact that the Dudley fans could be giving out awfull abuse and i would never no..........i cant understand that accent :wink:

Whenever I hear a scouse accent I immediately check for my wallet... Whenever I hear a Black Country accent I'm instantly reminded of Benny from Crossroads

• Like 2

Yeah, but he's your mate, so you're biased.

Cheers :blink:

Haha not at all, rather him than an Aussie in the NL!

You know the ones I'm talking about, Terry Tibbs and his mate :P

As a heathen fan that was there I will put my view as unbias as possible yes some dudley fans had to much and were swearing yes we are loud the booing of garrity is in fun and he has said himself its funny and he plays to it I wish him well in his recovery . Any dragging off that was mentioned in other posts was done by other heathens fans who were trying to police there own in behaviour and language but this was made hard by mildy fans goading some quite heated events and saying things like non of us heathens work that's how so many of us travel away WRONG the whole lot of bad feeling was not only acohol fuelled but the whole joke of start time and the fact no event had been staged night before as stated . There is little mention on here of face irving was took a swing at as he got up from bad crash by a fen rider the abuse our lads got in pits the fact that our banners were thrown on dog track and when two of our most respectable fans one of wich had been instrumental in keeping our own fans under control went to retreve them the abuse they got was beyond anything that had gone on on second bend . I think you will find that there was fault on both sides !!!!!

I dont recall an incident on 2nd bend with the banners. I remember people untying them at end of meeting.

Yes fault on both sides fuelled by??? Sorry still unsure as I was on Sunday.

Haha not at all, rather him than an Aussie in the NL!

You know the ones I'm talking about, Terry Tibbs and his mate :P

Lol, yeah, just pulling your leg. I had a run in with badge man myself after he laughed when it was announced that it was raining at Berwick when they were holding the GP qualifier. He went very quiet after my rant, then amazingly tried to start a conversation, the first time since I've been going there despite standing no more than a few yards away!!

Thas why they call me Terry Tibbs... fank you and goodnight... mach love

Edited by Shadders

I have no doubt that it was idiots from both sides yesterday. The problem is that Mildenhall are just another club who have an issue with the behaviour of Dudley fans - Rye House have commented here, I have heard a lot of adverse remarks at Plymouth and the least said about Buxton the better.

I wonder why the idiots from other clubs only show up when Dudley are the visitors ?

Not sure about Rye but yesterdays reasons for people being wound up are now well documented. At Buxton the fans reacted to the shocking behaviour by the start marshal and inconsistent, to be polite, referring on calling back rolling starts. On the DVD, and less subtly in person, Jon Armstrong let it be known how he'd have reacted if the start marshall had treated him the way he treated Ashley Morris that day.

And it's usually the way that fans react to something, and rarely if ever is something started on the terrace. It's a reaction to a perceived injustice and in that regard the entire speedway body must play its part too.

The only time/s I can recall ever knowing Police called to a meeting was Cov v BV and it happened twice. That was not too long ago. Would I label all the BV fans idiots (or similar)? No, and that's the thing that winds the rest of us up. We keep reading people slagging of "Dudley fans" when it truth it's perhaps a few out of a small number that travel out of the normal large home crowd.

Off the top of my head, other highlights were:

Nielsen's third to first in heat 4.

Irving's third to first in heat 5.

Nielsen trying to fend off Bekker with a slowing bike in heat 6 & failing.

Couple of good scraps between Nielsen and Irving with the former coming out on top on each occasion.

Ritchings had a few good battles and probably unlucky not to score a few more.

Halsey also involved in a few good battles, and had his best meeting for several months, IMO.

Bates recovering after a shaky start to record 2 very impressive wins.

Heat 13 was magnificent until the last bend. Garrity and Irving passing and re-passing about half a dozen times. Tremendous commitment from both.

Nielsen is one of those that, to me, seems to quietly go about his business and not always get noticed. Certainly a threat and one to watch. Nice to read Bekker was mixing it. He had a shocking start to the season with a series of falls, crashes and bike problems. He seems to be getting into his stride now. Ritchings was happy with his performance and score. He's another that had a slow start to the season but we're starting to see what he can do again. He might just be about to peak at the right time from our point of view. Love his style on the bike and he never gives up. I just wish the lad had faster bikes and more consistent starts. If he does next season I can see him doing what Perry has done and could turn into an out-and-out heat leader 'overnight'. I guess from your comment you would more-or-less ditto that for Halsey and be hoping he peaks at the right time too?

I can understand the frustrations, but there's a right and wrong way with dealing with such frustrations.

Swearing at Michael Lee doesn't impact just him. He can deal with it fine, but others who haven't got his experience can't. It's not just Michael Lee and Chris Louis who run the club at the end of the day.

Greenwood will struggle a bit. But sometimes riders learn more from a bad meeting (or 2) than scoring freely (from reserve, for example).

I'd guess (from seeing what I have of him) that he will struggle a bit for a few matches, but will come good again when he's back at reserve. It's a big step up.

Don't think he's been on a bike for a few weeks, so in fairness to him, that may have impacted his performance aswell.

I agree that hurling obscenities is OTT, but he's fair game for a bit of booing. :P

As I said yesterday I do think a ride in the top 5 came a bit too soon for Greenwood. He's a bit of a victim of his own success and Perry having to ride for Somerset on a couple of Tuesdays so not getting his new average. I'm sure he'll learn a lot but I hope his confidence isn't knocked in the process. It's certainly a problem for riders like him and Ritchings, that have the ability to move up the speedway ladder, that they can't get more meaningful meetings to keep their eye in, so-to-speak. Ritchings is better equipped, in my opinion, for a place in the top 5 at the moment, though Greenwood has had a remarkable return to speedway so far.

The truth behind the 3pm / 4.30pm start time will never fully be explained however much the usual 'internet commandos' drag it up. What is for sure is it is no excuse for the behaviour yesterday!

BTW Perry was there with his arm in a sling someone said? Is he ok?

I've trimmed the quote right down just because my post is going to get very long.

Respectfully, you mention the 'Internet commandos' but you've done the exact same as those you point the finger at. You've just dragged up the start time again. While I agree that reports of what some Dudley fans may have said/done is not on, again it reads as a long post taking a swipe at all the Dudley fans while glossing over, with only a brief mention, of the part played by some at Mildenhall. It's just not fair on the majority. A Mildenhall fan is said to have told a Dudley fan to 'F' off and called him a 'W' and from two separate reports it seems Mr Lee told one of our riders to 'F' off back to where he came from. I've since read a comment on FB that some Dudley fans were taunted by a Mildenhall fan being told they were only there because they had no jobs to go to. :blink: I wasn't there but I can take it all in and come to the fair-minded conclusion that there were clearly faults on both sides. Given what went before from our clubs neither really come out of it with any credit, though the on-track result was very much deserved looking at everything I've read about the racing so full credit to the riders for the result.

Do things like this really go on?

I s'pose I'm lucky to support a side where the fans seemingly don't give a toss.

You sound almost disappointed. :D

Im also lucky in the fact that the Dudley fans could be giving out awfull abuse and i would never no..........i cant understand that accent :wink:

:D

Whenever I hear a scouse accent I immediately check for my wallet... Whenever I hear a Black Country accent I'm instantly reminded of Benny from Crossroads

He was a Brummie wasn't he. Don't confuse The Black Country with Birmingham. :nono::lol:

Methinks the poster's tongue was in the cheek, to be honest.

Perhaps, in which case I offer the contributor my apologies.

All i can say is as a race marshall i was never told this meeting would be any different from our normal start time which is 4.30.

so unsure where the 3 oclock time came from. Maybe i have missed something.

All i want is for people to enjoy speedway without any fear. Maybe there was good and bad on either side but yesterday was the first time i worried about my son at a speedway track glad he was sitting in the bar as he didn't like it and all the people that know me know how much my family love speedway.

Wont say no more about it will move on now.

I think maybe the 3 o'clock start time came from the information that was given to us Leicester fans about 4-5 weeks ago when the Lions v Worky match was rained off & re-arranged for sunday 19th August. We were told we would be moving from our regular sunday start time of 6 o'clock to 7.30 to enable Blackbird, Morris & Roynon to ride at Mildenhall as they were going to start at 3 o'clock & still be able to get to Leicester for 7.30, we were told this had been agreed with Mildenhall, so I was surprised to see that Mildenahall actually didn't start until 4.30, so the 3 named riders didn't get to ride at Mildenhall after all.If this hadn't been agreed why did we still not start until 7.30. I think someone , somewhere is not telling the truth!

I think maybe the 3 o'clock start time came from the information that was given to us Leicester fans about 4-5 weeks ago when the Lions v Worky match was rained off & re-arranged for sunday 19th August. We were told we would be moving from our regular sunday start time of 6 o'clock to 7.30 to enable Blackbird, Morris & Roynon to ride at Mildenhall as they were going to start at 3 o'clock & still be able to get to Leicester for 7.30, we were told this had been agreed with Mildenhall, so I was surprised to see that Mildenahall actually didn't start until 4.30, so the 3 named riders didn't get to ride at Mildenhall after all.If this hadn't been agreed why did we still not start until 7.30. I think someone , somewhere is not telling the truth!

To be fair, Mildenhall thought they'd got agreement with Leicester for a similar arrangement for their previous home fixture v Stoke.. When it transpired this was not the case, maybe they gave up hope of Blackbird being able to ride for both sides on a Sunday on a regular basis (which probably would have been less than straightforward anyway) and accepted that they'll have to do without Blackbird on those dates, as now seems the case. Hence it wasnt worth altering the start time.

Anyway, its done now, the fixture has been ridden, so the conspiracy theories are old news, and you're a bit late pitching in with yours!!

Edited by neil3065

To be fair, Mildenhall thought they'd got agreement with Leicester for a similar arrangement for their previous home fixture v Stoke.. When it transpired this was not the case, maybe they gave up hope of Blackbird being able to ride for both sides on a Sunday on a regular basis (which probably would have been less than straightforward anyway) and accepted that they'll have to do without Blackbird on those dates, as now seems the case. Hence it wasnt worth altering the start time.

Anyway, its done now, the fixture has been ridden, so the conspiracy theories are old news, and you're a bit late pitching in with yours!!

Not a conspiracy theory just stating the facts that we were told at the time to why our start time was being altered.Anyway, like you say all done now.Just wish all 3 riders had rode at Mildenhall & not at Leicester then we might have had half a chance :D

And if yet want to see heat thirteen of this match, check out the Herts Mercury news website.

• Like 1

And if yet want to see heat thirteen of this match, check out the Herts Mercury news website.

Just watched and my first impression is that Irving needs L plates on and learn how to race properly. I'd like to think he didn't have a clue what he was doing, rather than deliberately attempt to fence another rider. Moron!

Just watched and my first impression is that Irving needs L plates on and learn how to race properly. I'd like to think he didn't have a clue what he was doing, rather than deliberately attempt to fence another rider. Moron!

Bit harsh Shadders.looked like a great race that ended up in a crash,pure racing incident,i no maybe you do often see such a fine example of racing being a fan of Rye but passing does happen you no!! :wink:

Bit harsh Shadders.looked like a great race that ended up in a crash,pure racing incident,i no maybe you do often see such a fine example of racing being a fan of Rye but passing does happen you no!! :wink:

No doubt it was a great race, but no need for Irvine to pull that move.

How many Rye House home meetings have you been to this year?

No doubt it was a great race, but no need for Irvine to pull that move.

How many Rye House home meetings have you been to this year?

One!!!!

Thank god............ no.to be fair i enjoyed my trip and racing was ok !!