Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Ipswich Witches Pl Sun 19th August 2012 @4pm

The " for sale " signs hanging up outside the stadium , last week's draw against the Rebels all but extinguished play-off hopes , the Monarchs building up a head of steam to look top 6 candidates . It all adds up to an air of depression hovering over Saracen Park this coming Sunday .

But there's still a little matter of a speedway meeting to be won and an entertaining looking visiting side to do battle with . We welcome the Witches to Ashfield this week and are another side trying to fight their way into the play-off places .

They have a interesting mixture of youth and experience , so will be hard to overcome . I'm a little disappointed the exciting Cameron Heeps wont be in their line-up .

Sunday's teams are -

Glasgow

1 Joe Screen

2 Mason Campton

3 Josh Grajczonek

4 Henning Bager

5 James Grieves

6 Charles Wright

7 Filip Sitera

Ipswich

1 Taylor Poole

2 Dakota North

3 Leigh Lanham

4 Matt Tressarieu

5 Rohan Tungate

6 Tom Young

7 Morten Risager

Impossible to predict with any confidence about how this meeting will go , but i hope we can secure the three points .

Another tough one, hopefully as exciting as Somerset last week. I don't think Ipswich will be a strong as Somerset though we have to get going right from the start. Josh conceded two 5-1's in his first two rides last week, hopefully someone has had a word for this one. Mason also can't be any worse than last week though the Witches may just take a point.

Something for the Tigers to get their teeth into. Will be interested in Rohan's return.

The "For Sale" sign at Ashfield Stadium sounds a big worry and will put a depressive feel to the rest of the season and my thoughts are with you Glasgow fans and hope all ends up ok. As to the result suppose thats secondary to Glasgows future but I expect Glasgow to win as the Witches team looks totally lop-sided to me with riders riding out of position and another cheap guest.

• Like 1

Dodgy looking weather forecast for tomorrow though :cry:

So come on Aljack seeing as we have to use a national league guest to cover Cam as that is the rules, which cheap guest would you call up from the national league? And before you name them check to actually see if they are actually allowed to guest.

Hopefully the Witches take heart from a really good effort last night and carry that forward to today.

If so I can see a Witches win by 4.

Going to guess at tommy fenwick for the witches at reserve

Beautiful morning . We are due some rain later , but it doesn't seem to be as threatening to the meeting as what was forecast yesterday . So all systems go for what should be an interesting meeting . What was the problem with Taylor Poole at Workington last night ? Is he struggling for fitness after his long lay-off ?

Beautiful morning . We are due some rain later , but it doesn't seem to be as threatening to the meeting as what was forecast yesterday . So all systems go for what should be an interesting meeting . What was the problem with Taylor Poole at Workington last night ? Is he struggling for fitness after his long lay-off ?

Its taking a while to build up the muscle in the arm and he is struggling particularly when its grippy.

Its taking a while to build up the muscle in the arm and he is struggling particularly when its grippy.

Doesn't augur well for today then , with our notoriously difficult 3rd bend .

Dodgy looking weather forecast for tomorrow though :cry:

Some hope the weather may be at last turning. Been a shocking year for weather and injuries.

Edited by Shadders

The "For Sale" sign at Ashfield Stadium sounds a big worry and will put a depressive feel to the rest of the season and my thoughts are with you Glasgow fans and hope all ends up ok. As to the result suppose thats secondary to Glasgows future but I expect Glasgow to win as the Witches team looks totally lop-sided to me with riders riding out of position and another cheap guest.

it dont matter if they get a cheap guest or a very expensive 1 they still have the same 3pt average just the same as everyother team who is missing there lowest averaged reserve

just accept it and stop making posts in everythread about it

Edited by scarra
  • Like 1